Jump to content
Thai Visa Forum

Pattaya: Time for the police to fine tourists for flouting mask rules, says Thai media


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For tourists I take it they mean foreigners.......but regardless......everyone knows the rules.......like them or not......fine all those blatantly flouting the law.

I wish they would....  I was in town yesterday and must have seen a total of 12 people without masks, or wearing them improperly. One was a Thai, smoking a cigarette as he drove nearby my place. The r

Totally agree, to be balanced they should take photos are the local markets too 🙂

Posted Images

1 hour ago, zhounan said:

When this falsehood of wearing masks finally comes into the light of day, I would like to see all these rightists, informers and phonegraphers severely hit on the backside publicly.

Careful there; your statement doesn't fit the Woke narrative. You could get cancelled by our local nannies, ops monitors

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, thequietman said:

Unless someone runs up and kisses me, I think I am good. Anything on my chin was there already and is already in my body. Asking to wear a mask when breathing heavily is a recipe for disaster.

This virus is airborne and can land on your chin.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, thequietman said:

Unless someone runs up and kisses me, I think I am good. Anything on my chin was there already and is already in my body. Asking to wear a mask when breathing heavily is a recipe for disaster.

Same problem I have, just fighting them off......

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, tomazbodner said:

Use face recognition and immigration DB to find them, then fine them for each offense caught on camera.

Post their pics on a big board with a sign saying please attend police station to pay fine......  or go to immigration.

  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

This virus is airborne and can land on your chin.

Or both of them!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

This article is  clearly  meant to stir  up the "bad  Farang"  image when its  apparent to me  many more  Thais are not wearing masks. It really matters not one bit as to where masks are or  are  not  being worn when rules  have been issued clearly  stating  they should be worn when leaving home outdoors.

 

Perhaps you need to read the headline....Pattaya..... Nice try...but a fail. It's true about many of the foreigners in Pattaya simply taking the mickey. There is no issue with exercising and cycling with a mask on. People who complain are simply making excuses.

If you don't want to wear a mask...then move to a rural area. If you are living and walking in busy towns with people often walking within metres of you; wear a mask.

It shows respect for other people. If you don't it shows that you don't respect them. So don't complain when people don't confront you, but underneath it all would like to remove you from the picture.

 

I don't much like the idiot foreigners who don't wear a mask or who refuse to wear them properly. They obviously feel that they are taking part in some kind of protest.

Why not go back to your own country to do that? I'm sure someone will confront you there.

 

  • Sad 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, thequietman said:

Unless someone runs up and kisses me, I think I am good. Anything on my chin was there already and is already in my body. Asking to wear a mask when breathing heavily is a recipe for disaster.

 

 

What a load of tosh!

 

I was a cycle courier in London whilst at university; covering eighty miles a day; mask on. Every day washed my mask and it was full of black stuff that would have been in my lungs.

 

Just pathetic excuses from weak willed persons who think that they don't have to care about anyone else.

  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

First I would like to see the electronic Information stored with these photo's. Like Date, Time and Place! It is easy to post pictures and use headlines blaming someone . Then in the article post something completely opposite...

Did the Photographer have permission to use Photographs of these individuals? Blocking face out does to things. Yet to prove the statement made at there is no evidence. Provide Penson (s) involved with a good case of Defamation to be filed against Company, Employees or anyone Involved with posting unauthorized Photos to the Public.

I have been here for also 20 years, 99% of the Visitors here do comply 100% with Government and Police requests and Laws. Quite a different Story when it comes to Citizens here, and that is exactly why nothing is done. Who wants to read a Paper 98% full of Thai information? Nobody... It doesn't sell News! They need something exciting  to print, make up... to gain Income.

Today in Chiang Mai, May 6th 2021, sitting on my 2nd floor patio watching people go by 0 out of 10 people walking without masks were foreigners. The New Law requiring 2 or more people in Vehicles (anything Cars, Trucks, Motorcycles) 1 out of 70 people in 20 minutes was a Foreigner. Basicly what this Article was stating but trying to get Interest by showing suppoidly Visitors (maybe this isn't even a Thai Resort... who knows or wants to prove different. (I happen to know the the person on the right in the picture!) 

So who is breaking the Law here and escaping Justice??

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

Were these  two  possibly exercising, seem to be carrying water etc.

There is no exemption while exercising. If outside your residence you must wear a mask . Carrying a water bottle without mask will still get you a fine . 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

I'd fine them for not wearing shirts in public as well!

Nobody needs to see that. 

 

They are on holiday and by the beach. You are ridiculous!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Eindhoven said:

 

 

What a load of tosh!

 

I was a cycle courier in London whilst at university; covering eighty miles a day; mask on. Every day washed my mask and it was full of black stuff that would have been in my lungs.

 

Just pathetic excuses from weak willed persons who think that they don't have to care about anyone else.

Unless you are running alongside my bike, you have nothing to worry about. I live in the sticks and the closest that I get to a living thing on my rides are the cattle in the fields. 🙂

However, if a cop sees me with no mask, he may think 'cha-ching'  so I wear it for that reason. Have a nice day. 🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites

If they don't like to cover their faces in public, then the media don't need to cover their faces in photos. Shame them.

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

This virus is airborne and can land on your chin.

So, a mask 24 hours a day is what you are suggesting!

 

Don't be silly now, please. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, thequietman said:

Unless you are running alongside my bike, you have nothing to worry about. I live in the sticks and the closest that I get to a living thing on my rides are the cattle in the fields. 🙂

However, if a cop sees me with no mask, he may think 'cha-ching'  so I wear it for that reason. Have a nice day. 🙂

 

 

No one around; then no reason to wear a mask.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, kaneko86 said:

 

They are on holiday and by the beach. You are ridiculous!

 

 

How do you know they are on holiday?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Eindhoven said:

 

 

No one around; then no reason to wear a mask.

You would think, wouldn't you. However, I have been told to wear a mask while riding through rice fields. If I happen to come across someone coming the opposite way on their motorcycle, I will pull the mask up. Otherwise it stays down. 🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, webfact said:

It was not just them, some Thais too were flouting the law that can see a top whack fine of 20,000 baht imposed.

 

I’m not allowed to write what I really think of such news articles or for ThaiVisa’s news team for publishing such an article.... 

 

But... given that ‘some times too’ were observed mask-less why does the article concentrate on ‘foreigners’ posting pictures of foreigners, perpetuating ‘bad foreigner’.....  

 

These articles masquerading as news are a deliberately targeting a ‘specific reaction’ without any interest in genuine reporting of real information or news. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I can imagine Pattaya is filled with anti-masking conspiracy theory types who might think they are “sheep” if they wear a mask. 🤣

  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I wish they would....  I was in town yesterday and must have seen a total of 12 people without masks, or wearing them improperly. One was a Thai, smoking a cigarette as he drove nearby my place. The rest, all Western of appearance. It is really irritating... I know it is not my place to police Pattaya, but they put others at risk and are behaving like scofflaws, in the country that hosts them. 

It happens everywhere not just Pattaya, so they need a new mask police force that love writing tickets or build more jails. It's as simple as that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ExpatOne said:

I can imagine Pattaya is filled with anti-masking conspiracy theory types who might think they are “sheep” if they wear a mask. 🤣

 

I can imagine their nationality too..... But... that doesn’t detract from the fact that they should be wearing masks, if not for themselves, then for the benefit of others, if not only to make others feel safer. 

 

The issue is a large degree of misinformation, and then there are some genuine cases where it is hazardous for some people with underling health conditions to wear a mask, but the question could then be asked should they be out in public in a pandemic (perhaps they could be identified with an arm-band etc to outline they have a medical exemption).

 

 

The rules ‘should be better’. 

The mask wearing in a private car is idiotic. 

Mask wearing when going for a run or cycling is idiotic.

Mask wearing when walking in wide open area's is idiotic. 

 

The rules should be clear and intelligent: 

- Wear a mask when in proximity with others (i.e. a Market / busy street)

- Wear a mask anywhere indoors in public (when not eating)

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, thequietman said:
15 minutes ago, Eindhoven said:

 

 

No one around; then no reason to wear a mask.

You would think, wouldn't you. However, I have been told to wear a mask while riding through rice fields. If I happen to come across someone coming the opposite way on their motorcycle, I will pull the mask up. Otherwise it stays down. 🙂

 

I wear my mask when in the car with my Wife and Son.... It stays around my chin and will get pulled up at a Toll Booth or if stopped by the BiB. 

 

Some of the rules are just silly.

 

There is a lot of sanctimonious judgement, especially towards foreigners in tourist areas.

 

I don’t see photo’s of foreigners in a busy market not wearing a mask, or in a shopping mall or 7-11 without wearing a mask. 

 

I do see photo’s of foreigners out in the open, not near anyone else and being judged quite heavily for using a little common sense (common sense which is kneecap by stupid knee-jerk reactions and regulations). 

 

Then we have people spreading misinformation that the Virus is Airborne !!!! - SARS-CoV-2 is not an airborne virus, it can be carried in the air on water vapour coughed out or sneezed out and in some cases ‘breathed out’ when a person is breathing heavily. 

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

The rules ‘should be better’. 

The mask wearing in a private car is idiotic. 

Mask wearing when going for a run or cycling is idiotic.

Mask wearing when walking in wide open area's is idiotic. 

There rule is if there is more than 1 person is in the vehicle, masks should be worn by all. Not so idiotic.... and prevents arguments over other passengers being family.

Running and cycling are exercising and apparently masks are not required.

Walking may include close proximity to others and masks would make sense. If alone in a wide open area, you aren't going to get caught anyhow.

Everyone wants to argue instead of comply... if you don't like it, stay home and be mask free!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, chicowoodduck said:

Holy <deleted>, I even wear mine to bed! 😷😴

Wife insists eh?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Then we have people spreading misinformation that the Virus is Airborne !!!! - SARS-CoV-2 is not an airborne virus, it can be carried in the air on water vapour coughed out or sneezed out and in some cases ‘breathed out’ when a person is breathing heavily. 

What tosh... if I am in an aircraft I am airborne, if the virus is in water droplets whizzing from a 120 kph sneeze, it is airborne! You are spreading misinformation!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry for posting late, but just recovered from a fit of the giggles. I am sure that the headline said that it was " Time for the Police to do something" and that's when I lost control....

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

Were these  two  possibly exercising, seem to be carrying water etc.

Not the one in dark shorts... bit of a flimsy excuse.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

 

I can imagine their nationality too..... But... that doesn’t detract from the fact that they should be wearing masks, if not for themselves, then for the benefit of others, if not only to make others feel safer. 

 

The issue is a large degree of misinformation, and then there are some genuine cases where it is hazardous for some people with underling health conditions to wear a mask, but the question could then be asked should they be out in public in a pandemic (perhaps they could be identified with an arm-band etc to outline they have a medical exemption).

 

 

The rules ‘should be better’. 

The mask wearing in a private car is idiotic. 

Mask wearing when going for a run or cycling is idiotic.

Mask wearing when walking in wide open area's is idiotic. 

 

The rules should be clear and intelligent: 

- Wear a mask when in proximity with others (i.e. a Market / busy street)

- Wear a mask anywhere indoors in public (when not eating)

 

 

So you think it's ok for someone to run past me whilst not wearing a mask? What if I am sitting on a secluded beach and someone runs past me, breathing heavily and not wearing a mask?

 

The point is to simply wear a mask in populated areas. It's not that difficult to understand. Taking your mask on and off constantly is just the mark of an idiot.

Half wearing your mask in a supermarket is just the mark of an idiot.

Taking your mask off to speak to your tilac on the phone is just the mark of an idiot.

 

Rules should be better is nonsense. The more loopholes, the more people will try to use them. Just wear a mask in populated areas. Simple. Running, walking, whatever.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...