Pattaya: Time for the police to fine tourists for flouting mask rules, says Thai media

webfact

Two foreigners on a picture and thereby confirmed. How many Thais not wearing a mask or not properly?

People nowadays have too much time and don't see the real problems this country is facing.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

We falang are in this together!!!  One team!!!  All labeled the same......

Use your head.  Most falangs only have the ability to do something dumb in Thailand, so it's really a lose-lose for all of us.  This is why everyone hates us.  Falangs hate falangs..........

If I see falang....I think sexpat, alcoholic, broke, and will complain if I say hi.   I've been here 22-years and will NEVER talk to those dirty, law-breakers.  lol

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

am i the only one that noticed the security guard reading the newspaper ?

also, i seen people on Jomtien taking such photos Last year when all this began,
no way of knowing exactly when pics were taken tbh

*i am guessing he is security by what i can see, i could obviously be wrong about his proffesion, the other gent is also in what looks like a flowery shirt typically worn during Song Kran.

Edited by patman30

Tourists, expats, Thais, foreigners, uncle Tom cobly an all!  Fine the lot of them!  I'm fed-up with trying to avoid these inconsiderate tossers, especially those who have their nose hanging out the top of the mask!

If you don't want to wear a mask properly, don't go out!

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

I know people from China who say everything there is back to normal, but with some awareness. 

How can it be that it came from there and everything there is now normal, but the rest of the world doesn't seem to move even a cm forward? 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Surelynot said:

For tourists I take it they mean foreigners.......but regardless......everyone knows the rules.......like them or not......fine all those blatantly flouting the law.

Fully agree. But its not just a question of rules but even more, of showing solidarity with the Thais in the fight aginst this horrendous pandemic which affects all of us regardless of nationality.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Sophon Cable TV on Facebook published pictures of white foreigners brazenly walking about the beach area without wearing masks. 

They had the familiar "Pattaya costume" of shorts and no top but it was the fact there was no face covering that was concerning the media.

So now my purpose in life will be to take pictures of maskless Thais in my area and posting them on Sophon Cable TV Facebook site in the proportion of 10 to 1 (Thai to Farang).
If they want to play the shame-game and target foreigners with slightly vailed hate - let's play.  They'll run out of maskless farang long, long, long before I run out of maskless Thais.
Imagine Cable News Network doing this to maskless Thais in the US.  Ohhhhh!  There would no end to the out-rage!!!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, connda said:

So now my purpose in life will be to take pictures of maskless Thais in my area and posting them on Sophon Cable TV Facebook site in the proportion of 10 to 1 (Thai to Farang).
If they want to play the shame-game and target foreigners with slightly vailed hate - let's play.  They'll run out of maskless farang long, long, long before I run out of maskless Thais.
Imagine Cable News Network doing this to maskless Thais in the US.  Ohhhhh!  There would no end to the out-rage!!!

Good luck with that.....

• Like 1

Hey! This is a simply concept. If you are not Thai, you are a guest here and Thailand is a sovereign nation. Thailand has it own customs and laws. If you cannot respect the customs and abide by the laws then get the h#*l out and quit giving  those of us who can (and do) a bad reputation. FINE THEM!!! Throw them out! 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I'm not in agreement with masks at all times. e.g. doing 80 down Sukhumvit on my bike, or sitting alone fishing, there's no point.

But.  I don't need the hassle, so I wear one. 

My opinion is that almost all the excuses for not wearing are just that, excuses, because they don't want to wear one, not because the mask causes them any problems.

What I do find amusing is the Thais on bikes with a mask but no helmet.

I hope the 2 guys are members or readers of this fine forum, they will have learnt by now that they are as close to being hated as is possible without actually knowing them in person (although one poster claims to know the guy in the black shorts) 

And the guy in the matching shorts & flip flops nearly nailed it, if he'd made more effort I have no doubt he could have found a colour coded mask ????

Edited by Golden Triangle
Spelling
  • Sad 1

Driving like maniacs, flouting traffic rules and not wearing helmets is killing a hell of a lot more people than not wearing a mask ever will. Study after study says that wearing masks outdoors is a useless and unnecessary exercise—wake up TV mask police.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Well you can whine all you like, the rule is there and that is it. 

(These Thai Visa frenzies are such fun!!)

I agree that it's the law in Thailand and "when in Rome" and all that, but sadly the wearing of masks outdoors, away from crowds, is pointless.

The UK stance on it is:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/face-coverings-when-to-wear-one-and-how-to-make-your-own/face-coverings-when-to-wear-one-and-how-to-make-your-own   which makes sense.

The Thai rules to wear a mask outdoors or in your own car, are frankly risible. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, fleccer said:

The fact is that they always points the finger at the foreigner. Among other things, if you notice in the first photo you can see a Thai woman obviously without a mask

Are you referring to what looks like a homeless vagrant sitting on the beach?

Have you ever heard of the phrase "clutching at straws"?

4 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I wish they would....  I was in town yesterday and must have seen a total of 12 people without masks, or wearing them improperly. One was a Thai, smoking a cigarette as he drove nearby my place. The rest, all Western of appearance. It is really irritating... I know it is not my place to police Pattaya, but they put others at risk and are behaving like scofflaws, in the country that hosts them. 

They could drill a little hole in their masks to insert the cigarette, this takes care of the inhaling, then they could either hold their breath or blow smoke out of their ears. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, apetryxx said:

Driving like maniacs, flouting traffic rules and not wearing helmets is killing a hell of a lot more people than not wearing a mask ever will. Study after study says that wearing masks outdoors is a useless and unnecessary exercise—wake up TV mask police.

I guarantee you will be wanting to cover your face if someone coughed or sneezed in your direction from a metre in passing.

Just another playground level argument.

• Sad 1

Jomtien beach is mostly Thais not wearing masks...this article could easily read police need to crack down on Thais not wearing masks....and then go onto say, a few foreigners were not wearing masks...

• Confused 1