Pattaya: Time for the police to fine tourists for flouting mask rules, says Thai media

webfact

4 hours ago, zhounan said:

When this falsehood of wearing masks finally comes into the light of day, I would like to see all these rightists, informers and phonegraphers severely hit on the backside publicly.

Well said.  i am total agreement.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Nurseynutcase said:

Problem is - there is not a single piece of research that backs up the theory that wearing masks stops transmission of Covid-19.  The virus is so small it will pass through any of the masks.  Furthermore there is evidence that wearing masks can increase the likelihood of respiratory illness.

There is no such thing as 'asymptomatic transmission'

The research is easily available to anyone on the internet.

I find absolutely abhorrent when I see young children wearing masks - they are the ones least likely to suffer from covid-19.

You sure your a nurse? 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, Nurseynutcase said:

Problem is - there is not a single piece of research that backs up the theory that wearing masks stops transmission of Covid-19.  The virus is so small it will pass through any of the masks.  Furthermore there is evidence that wearing masks can increase the likelihood of respiratory illness.

I find absolutely abhorrent when I see young children wearing masks - they are the ones least likely to suffer from covid-19.

Wow... when someone sneezes, it's not just individual virus flying around. The virus will be resident in the phlegm that is coming your way.  

Do you get your info from QAnon websites?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Nurseynutcase said:

Too old to have children I guess. If you had some now, I guarantee that you would be protecting them; rather than spouting baseless statements on a forum.

Still awaiting the research and data to interpret.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Nurseynutcase said:

We were hearing that rubbish a year ago. Surprised you have the nerve to trot it out again!

The stupidity of the statement  'The virus is so small it will pass through any of the masks' is mind numbing...the virus is transmitted in droplets!

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

5 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

I've seen many.  Anyway, don't all baby birds, other than water fowl, stay hidden until they are pretty much adult?

Where are you going with this tangent?

2 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

Tangent?  I'm responding directly to your comment on baby pigeons and their elusiveness.

Well it was an analogy... it wasn't a question if I recall, a comment on denial!

7 minutes ago, uli65 said:

only tyrants and pathetic authorities force their  population to wear a mask.

the most useless senseless and health-damaging measure I have ever seen.

people will have big problems because of autointoxication.

Really? What about the cycle couriers who wore masks all day? From the dirt that was released from my cycling mask after washing it, I am certainly happy that I wore one.

Whereas your anecdotes are purely hearsay. I am SURE that you have not experienced even a single example of "autointoxication" from mask wearing in your whole life.

Yet you post it here as if it is a fait accompli.

I call BS...from experience.

• Sad 1

Just now, Truth Will Set You Free said:

Thaivisa, why you not walk the beach and look at the Thais that are sitting on the beach without mask.  They are guilty as well. 

If the beach is suppose to be off limits, then why are the life guards allowing mostly people to eat and do things on it?

It’s easy to point fingers. 

The school yard bickering is continuing...

So because some people are idiots, you feel the need to act like an idiot too?

Act responsibly. Stop acting like a petulant child is what I say.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Benmart said:

More xenophobia by a controlled media and fueled by officials who fan those flames. How many Thais are in Pattaya compared to non-Thais? By superior numbers, I would guess that more Thais break the various laws than non-Thais. But then, a lighter skin is far more attractive for certain groups to point a finger at.

Chip on shoulder much?

Just now, uli65 said:

you can do whatever you want with your own body, nobody cares, but do not bother others with this mask nonsense

You are bothering others by not wearing one or not wearing one properly. If you don't like them onions, find another place.

Or are you one of those who thinks your spending money here trumps everything?

Like the idiots who like to smoke in public, polluting the air of others and then babbling on that it's their bodies to do with what they like.

Yes, but if your smoke disturbs me, don't be upset when I move to remedy the situation.

Freedom with responsibility my friend. Don't disturb others with your uncaring attitude. Isolate yourself if you don't like people.

Edited by Eindhoven
  • Sad 2

Just adding fuel to the fire?  More tourist have been coming in even before the 3rd wave many I've met have had their shots either Pfizer or Moderna went through the process of the C.O.E. tested negative before they left and negative after arriving did their 14 quarantine. 

CDC studies have stated if that is the case you don't need to wear a mask out in public the reason for the debate in the U.S. why is Biden and everyone wearing a mask if the vaccines are suppose to work?

Nevertheless, regardless of what the CDC studies, this is a case of when in Thailand do as Thailand if they want a mask wear one.  Just hand out a form when they arrive for starts regardless of having vaccine or not as guest like your cooperation or fine " there is no freedom of choice here "????

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Britman Free said:

*Paris only* 

So just the one city in the world outside of Thailand.  

As I said, it's just a rule to enable OB to make up for lost tea money 

That s not true, not Paris only, almost all the country. Anyway, Masks mandates are all around the world, not only in Pattaya, just grow up and stop spreading nonsense.

• Sad 1

Wearing a mask is like wearing a motorbike helmet.

Complain about the cops tickets and wearing one, until you get in an accident and get a head injury or die.

Same with covering your face with a mask.

Your mommies are not here to tell you the rules and what to do.  So, maybe grow up obey the rules and do the right thing to protect yourself and others.

Edited by bkk6060