Pattaya: Time for the police to fine tourists for flouting mask rules, says Thai media

webfact

On 5/6/2021 at 11:58 AM, jacko45k said:

If exercising, masks are not required?

I don't wear a mask when I am exercising riding my bike, and no one is going to tell me different, plod or not, but I do when I leave my bike, ie to enter a shop, or mix with people.

• Like 1

On 5/6/2021 at 12:01 PM, jacko45k said:

Rural areas have always been an entity upon themselves... but the high Covid areas are metropolitan, Bangkok, and yes Banglamung.   Guests in the country should really show some respect, certainly not point to others and say 'well he isn't'... that is schoolyard stuff.

and just who exactly are "guests" in this country? I'm certainly not.

2 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Yes I would say you are unless you have a Thai passport  (or ID card).

Edited by jacko45k
Add ID card

7 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Some people are just so deluded.

There's a non-response if ever I saw one from someone so certain.

Into my ignore box... you are just looking to argue.

Edited by jacko45k

2 hours ago, Harveyboy said:

yes fine all of them 

Those that think they are not tourists because they have a non-immigrant visa yearly, the visa is a temporary visa and not residence - so the length may be different than a 'tourist' visa... but all temporary with no right to work is pretty much the definition of tourist.  They are just being honest this time.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

So you are a permanent resident or citizen -- and not on an annual temporary visa (Non-Imm O)?  If you are on one of the temporary visas you certainly are a guest of the country if you are here... you have no more rights than any other tourist - just a longer term tourist.

• Confused 1

Just now, possum1931 said:

Up to you, but I certainly do not feel like a guest when I have to travel a round trip of over a 100ks to do a 90 day report, I feel more like a criminal.

Just tried online again no go..........off to the post office.......mine would be a 14 hour round trip!!!!

• Like 1

On 5/6/2021 at 12:07 PM, sungod said:

Not sure, but the guy with the black shorts does seem to have a Sportsman physique, darts quite possibly.

Since when did darts become a sport?

8 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

Just tried online again no go..........off to the post office.......mine would be a 14 hour round trip!!!!

Did online OK a few days ago..... 3rd I think.

On 5/6/2021 at 12:14 PM, bkk6060 said:

The biggest violators by far seem to be Falang.

Just walk around Big C or Foodland most only covering their mouth.

I guess people are so stupid not to think they can receive or transmit via their nose?

Selfish Idiots..

We were born with noses so we could use them to breathe, not cover them up.

• Like 2

On 5/6/2021 at 12:19 PM, jacko45k said:

Well you can whine all you like, the rule is there and that is it. 

(These Thai Visa frenzies are such fun!!)

The rule is there, but as far as I'm concerned, rules are made to be broken if one does not agree with them and can find a way around them. ????

On 5/6/2021 at 12:30 PM, Mywayboy said:

They all ride bikes because they like the wind blowing on their Vag.5555

I refuse to ride if there is wind blowing, which is not very often, it reminds me of when I lived in Scotland.

23 hours ago, kaneko86 said:

They are on holiday and by the beach. You are ridiculous!

Nothing wrong with not wearing shirts on the beach, but walking on the pavement on Beach Road shirtless is a big No! No!

3 hours ago, Ireland32 said:

Farang are outnumberber Thais 10-1 , especially Jomtien , Fine them Now , We don’t need Thais judging and then I saw 3 Farang getting free food in a food line , it’s time to go back your country this is humiliating behavior 

Why did you not help them out? I certainly wouldn't sit back if I saw a fellow traveller in dire straits.

If they are queueing up for free food and risking their health; they are quite likely not doing it for fun.

Instead of whipping up a head of hatred for them, why not simply help?

• Like 1

On 5/6/2021 at 11:53 AM, Rampant Rabbit said:

I went out for a drive yesterday up into the moutains, great scenery and  saw many Thais are  not wearing masks at  all,  very easy to see  all of  them on motorbikes. This is  of  course out in the rural countryside away from prying eyes.

I bet they weren't wearing helmets either? Which is more likely to save their lives than a piece of paper over the mouth.

Just now, kaneko86 said:

Because otherwise they wouldn't walk near the beach... The are obviously not working.

Walk NEAR the beach now? The fact is that they are not on the beach. 

You have NO IDEA as to whether they work or not and anyway it is totally irrelevant.

Not wearing a shirt around the town is one thing; but no one would comment if they were wearing masks. It just adds to their general air of "I don't care".

So I vote "low life", simply because they don't care for those around them.

On 5/6/2021 at 11:56 AM, Rampant Rabbit said:

Were these  two  possibly exercising, seem to be carrying water etc.

It is seen as a get out of jail card.

Last year I flew twice, Aug down to Krabi & Dec up to CM.

Since the pandemic started masks have been mandatory inside the airport, but on both occasions there were always plenty of smartarxxx wandering around with mask round their neck and carrying a bottle of water.

• Thanks 1

Media coverage with a racist bias agenda.  Its known as gaslighting their citizens.

And you know what they don't report?  

Items like last night when a delivery truck of Beer and water  had a stack of full pallets weighing several hundred kilos fall off the truck lift 2.5 meters  into the crowded street onto a few passerbies, and a couple falang rush in to help clear the busy street and get the now empty pallets back onto the truck.

I did not see any thai vs falang.

Granted, I may or may not have seen a few old falang on all fours sipping the Chang beer puddles after.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, howbri said:

If wearing masks worked, WHY are we wearing them after 1.5 years? If they DON'T work, why are we wearing them after 1.5 years. The BEST protection on the planet from virus is a healthy immune system. But you don't get that by stuffing your face with burgers and steaks or sitting in the bar all day do you?

There you go.  But no one wants to listen to common sense.