Thaksin's wrong! Pfizer jab is not registered in Thailand - FDA mention jail terms

webfact

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

Just because it has not been registered yet does not mean that a black market batch may have been brought in.  Maybe Embassies have their own supply of it and have used it on their own folks.  Easy to bring it in via attache.  

Hardly unlikely,can only be transported in a cooler box and must be kept in one until ministered.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Stormfish said:

Hardly unlikely,can only be transported in a cooler box and must be kept in one until ministered.

CBS News got an inside look at the logistical challenges of getting Pfizer's COVID-19 vaccine to the public, including a required storage temperature you would find in the coldest places on Earth.

Colder than Antarctica in winter, dry ice — made from carbon dioxide — is crucial for moving and storing these vaccines. Pfizer's vaccine needs to be kept at 94 degrees below zero Fahrenheit. Dry ice helps maintain the subarctic temperature during shipping. 

Medical facilities at embassies have a full on storage location for medications.  

Pfizer developed a thermal shipper, which they call a "cool box," for the trip. It's about the size of a carry-on suitcase.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Stormfish said:

I'd have gone highly likely and as ThailandRyan says.......easily transported in the dry-ice cool boxes.

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Coup supporter alert.

Hope you are proud, you have assisted in destroying the future for millions of ordinary Thais. 

I thought he was referring to the secretary of the Thai FDA....

1 hour ago, Surelynot said:

Just thought....this is the -70C vaccine........that will be a major headache for Thailand.......I can't see it making its way any further than central Bangkok.

Cooling box from the ice cream cart will be OK ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, yardrunner said:

Which criminal do you mean

There is a hint in the headline of this article.

I know he is not the only criminal but he has this nasty attitude that he likes to agitate the Thai people against each other.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Is a coup a good thing? No. Is it sometimes necessary to prevent other bad things? Apparently yes.

It's not like what followed after 2014 would have been worse on every aspect, you know: corruption, cryonism, nepotism, election rigging, include criminals in government.... ????

Anyway, they surely cannot be voted out by "uninformed people", or by anyone! ????

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, natway09 said:

It is being used in 2 countries countries  incl' USA that I know of so what is this rubbish about" Negotiation" ????

Your people are hurting Sir, start burning the midnight oil now

Can anyone translate?

3 hours ago, webfact said:

He said that former Thai prime minister and exiled fugitive Thaksin Shinawatra was wrong in saying it was now in Thailand. 

Indeed he did, but he didn't say it was registered.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

CBS News got an inside look at the logistical challenges of getting Pfizer's COVID-19 vaccine to the public, including a required storage temperature you would find in the coldest places on Earth.

Colder than Antarctica in winter, dry ice — made from carbon dioxide — is crucial for moving and storing these vaccines. Pfizer's vaccine needs to be kept at 94 degrees below zero Fahrenheit. Dry ice helps maintain the subarctic temperature during shipping. 

Medical facilities at embassies have a full on storage location for medications.  

Pfizer developed a thermal shipper, which they call a "cool box," for the trip. It's about the size of a carry-on suitcase.

Played with dry ice all the time when we were little kids. We used to get it from the ice cream man when he came by the neighbourhood with his pushcart.  He would ring his bell, we would say "dry ice!".

Old technology.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, rabas said:

Played with dry ice all the time when we were little kids. We used to get it from the ice cream man when he came by the neighbourhood with his pushcart.  He would ring his bell, we would say "dry ice!".

Old technology.

We would take dry ice, put a small amount in a plastic soda bottle, put the cap on and sit it in the sun until it exploded.  Fun times and never lost an eye or finger like my father would yell at us.

They pack the ice cream on dry ice here when we order from Swensens. Stays solid for a whole day in the bag they use.

Edited by ThailandRyan

3 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Maybe Embassies have their own supply of it and have used it on their own folks.  Easy to bring it in via attache.  

Not easy at all as these vaccins require special cold temperatures during transportation. Embassies did not need to bring it in themselves in Thailand either as the government did arrange vaccins for them, so did high rank army and police get the first shot already.

This would not be managed by something like dry ice either, you are in a fantasy world, in the first place by being naive to think embassy personnel is not taken care off. Secondly by the fact it is not urgent to get any vaccine, they know that too. It is a money game and war without weapons.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, rabas said:

Old technology.

Is this a joke I don't understand?.......Dry ice would 'burn' you and cause serious skin damage.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Not easy at all as these vaccins require special cold temperatures during transportation. Embassies did not need to bring it in themselves in Thailand either as the government did arrange vaccins for them, so did high rank army and police get the first shot already.

Look at my posts and you will see Pfizer has a transport case the size of a small carryon suitcase. Easily doable and incognito. I don't think folks at the embassies took Sinovac.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1

Just now, Surelynot said:

Is this a joke I don't understand?.......Dry ice would 'burn' you and cause serious skin damage.

No joke. You can pick it up with just regular cotton gloves.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ThailandRyan said:

Look at my posts and you will see Pfizer has a transport case the size of a small carryon suitcase. Easily doable and incognito.

What is your point? That the problem is resolved by a secret carried in carry-on sized luggage with a few vaccins OR to continue a senseless conspiracy theory with embassies doing certain things? Neither is really relevant. 

You can't bring vaccins in like that and make it a dark market, you be lucky to be on the quota of a high rank, I have a luxury driver friend who got his first shot last week as his brother is with the police. At the police general hospital. 

If you wanna get going on conspiracy it is just arranged within the government thus it doesn't need to be done secret.

4 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

According to the CDC "the vaccine may be stored in the refrigerator between 2°C and 8°C ... for up to 120 hours (5 days)."  No special cold temperatures required.  An ice pack would do.  And 5 days is plenty of time to fly the vaccine in from the USA.

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-19/info-by-product/pfizer/downloads/storage-summary.pdf

• Like 2

Just now, Surelynot said:

Exactly.....

We would get a piece breaknit with a hammer, pick up the pieces and do crazy things with it like I said.  Dry ice bombs. Drop small pieces into balloons and tie the bottom.  Watch them expand and pop.  Drive under over passes and throw the balloon bombs out and wait for the explosion and large echo.  Kids will be kids 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ThailandRyan said:

We would get a piece breaknit with a hammer, pick up the pieces and do crazy things with it like I said.  Dry ice bombs. Drop small pieces into balloons and tie the bottom.  Watch them expand and pop.  Drive under over passes and throw the balloon bombs out and wait for the explosion and large echo.  Kids will be kids 

My only come back is I had a 1/4 pint of mercury I played with for hours as a kid!!!!!

5 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

What is your point? That the problem is resolved by a secret carried in carry-on sized luggage with a few vaccins OR to continue a senseless conspiracy theory with embassies doing certain things? Neither is really relevant. 

You can't bring vaccins in like that and make it a dark market, you be lucky to be on the quota of a high rank, I have a luxury driver friend who got his first shot last week as his brother is with the police. At the police general hospital. 

If you wanna get going on conspiracy it is just arranged within the government thus it doesn't need to be done secret.

You missed the whole point. No conspiracy and no Thailands government would never vaccinate foreign embassy workers.  The embassies would bring in their own vaccines.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

My only come back is I had a 1/4 pint of mercury I played with for hours as a kid!!!!!

We did the same.  The things we did and survived would never be allowed today.  We used to shoot bottle rockets at each other on the 4th of July.  How I survived my childhood is a mystery to me....lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1