Thaksin's wrong! Pfizer jab is not registered in Thailand - FDA mention jail terms

webfact

3 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Just because it has not been registered yet does not mean that a black market batch may have been brought in.  Maybe Embassies have their own supply of it and have used it on their own folks.  Easy to bring it in via attache.  

Not so. Pfizer has to be kept in special freezers of minus 70 ! That is the reason it is so difficult to transport, stock and keep.

Doctors in Eu can’t use it for this reason. Only certain hospitals that have the material. 

3 minutes ago, geisha said:

Not so. Pfizer has to be kept in special freezers of minus 70 ! That is the reason it is so difficult to transport, stock and keep.

Doctors in Eu can’t use it for this reason. Only certain hospitals that have the material. 

Dude, please. Did you not read my posts about Pfizer transport cooler. If not read a little info.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/covid-vaccine-pfizer-cool-box-transport/

Pfizer developed a thermal shipper, which they call a "cool box," for the trip. It's about the size of a carry-on suitcase

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Oxx said:

According to the CDC "the vaccine may be stored in the refrigerator between 2°C and 8°C ... for up to 120 hours (5 days)."  No special cold temperatures required.  An ice pack would do.  And 5 days is plenty of time to fly the vaccine in from the USA.

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-19/info-by-product/pfizer/downloads/storage-summary.pdf

Yeah, except that you are in quarantine first for 14 days.

3 hours ago, Surelynot said:

You don't follow the news in the UK?......(News.....not the Daily Express)

National Health Service statistics as of yesterday:

Total population: 68,207,116. https://worldpopulationreview.com/countries/united-kingdom-population

for England only... (Around 84% of UK population)

1st dose of vaccine: 29,124,310

2nd dose: 13,284,182

In total: 42,408,492. https://www.england.nhs.uk/statistics/statistical-work-areas/covid-19-vaccinations/

Taksin was elected. This crew came to power after a military coup. If the Army of my country ran the Government and country the way this lot are running the country in Thailand....mind you, there's not much left of the Army now...110,000 including reservists as of Oct 2020.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, lodstewart said:

but with respect TR, temperture would be a problem surely

News just came out that Pfizer didnt need the cold storage as previously known. Approval was pending and a game changer for distribution to facilities lacking super cold storage

• Like 1

Thailand is the laughing stock of the world..the country is a joke and those running it are a bunch of corrupt clowns..even their own people know they are being manipulated and its clear that its only a matter of time before the general population takes matters into their own hands and initiates and over haul

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Bkktodd said:

News just came out that Pfizer didnt need the cold storage as previously known. Approval was pending and a game changer for distribution to facilities lacking super cold storage

Not exactly the FDA in the U.S. has revised that it can be kept in a normal freezer for 2 weeks instead of the cold storage as earlier noted. In the article I read it doesn't state whether after 2 weeks if unused how effective it will be thereafter?  Not sure you can put it in a regular freezer and then decide to put it back into cold storage even in cold storage the shelf life is 6 months?

Nevertheless, not completely a game changer but should give these Thai inept leaders more time to come up with the wrong answers!????

1 hour ago, Lingba said:

Thailand is the laughing stock of the world..the country is a joke and those running it are a bunch of corrupt clowns..even their own people know they are being manipulated and its clear that its only a matter of time before the general population takes matters into their own hands and initiates and over haul

Link and photos or it never happened.

1 hour ago, Bkktodd said:

but still need good temp control, within the crate, not exactly possible in an attache case.

however it does seem that embassies can get this delivered, as they are their own territory.

All this talk about cold storage being a problem for Thailand?  I think this sells the people in the smuggling business a bunch short.  I imagine you can get almost anything you want into Thailand for a price. I don't doubt Pfizer is in Thailand.  If Thaskin bringing this out in the open creates a public awareness and uproar so be it. Most all thais read enough news to know they want  the JJ, Pfizer, or moderna.  You can bet there is a long line willing to shell out  10-20k baht for a top tier jab.  I see these IG stars showing dom bottles and on up.   For some in Thailand money is in endless supply. Even many of you TV members would quickly pay 10,000 baht.   Many That's accept this two tier justice and lifestyle but many are sick and tired if this.  Maybe there would be more of a push for government to get the vaccines going from HISO types of they didn't have an alternative.   But can't let this kiss of revenue go mainstream.   

All these threats of jail time for this or that but yet the krystal bar perps can zoom the work from home not jail.   I imagine the big man was hoping to look like a savior of his flock but I think he sees this dream dying.  Will anyone lose their job if the AZ misses shipments in June?  Who would trust the first or 3rd batch that gets rushed to keep the masses happy?

Edited by Elkski
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Thailand said:

But he was elected as opposed to -----.

And still has a huge following who will listen.

Some Thais I spoke to see the Taksin period as "the good old days." There certainly was a period of amazing prosperity in which it seems many common people flourished. It could have been that way with current folks, but various problems have made it the opposite.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, connda said:

"Try to protect yourselves commoners!  We dare you!!!  Jail for you if you try!!!" 

How to bring happiness and reconciliation to the Thai people.

We will fine you heavily and jail you for daring to get something that is not readily available.

Oh no, not you sir, because you are a rich and powerful HiSo with many friends in high places and, yes sir, I do know who your Daddy is.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, scorecard said:

'elected', really?

Really. And without frigging the electoral system in the same way that the current lot did, without the cheating and "fixing" by the EC.

No guns, military or police were involved, nor was there a delay of over a month before the results were released.

Thaksin has done far more for the Thai people than any other PM since 1932.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, thailand49 said:

Not exactly the FDA in the U.S. has revised that it can be kept in a normal freezer for 2 weeks instead of the cold storage as earlier noted. In the article I read it doesn't state whether after 2 weeks if unused how effective it will be thereafter?  Not sure you can put it in a regular freezer and then decide to put it back into cold storage even in cold storage the shelf life is 6 months?

Nevertheless, not completely a game changer but should give these Thai inept leaders more time to come up with the wrong answers!????

A small number these under diplomatic authority could transport thousands of doses. The narrative of Pfizers vaccine " not entered" Thailand is pure fantasy and face saving. Lets get real for once.

Edited by Captain Monday

9 hours ago, Elkski said:

All this talk about cold storage being a problem for Thailand?  I think this sells the people in the smuggling business a bunch short.  I imagine you can get almost anything you want into Thailand for a price. I don't doubt Pfizer is in Thailand.  If Thaskin bringing this out in the open creates a public awareness and uproar so be it. Most all thais read enough news to know they want  the JJ, Pfizer, or moderna.  You can bet there is a long line willing to shell out  10-20k baht for a top tier jab.  I see these IG stars showing dom bottles and on up.   For some in Thailand money is in endless supply. Even many of you TV members would quickly pay 10,000 baht.   Many That's accept this two tier justice and lifestyle but many are sick and tired if this.  Maybe there would be more of a push for government to get the vaccines going from HISO types of they didn't have an alternative.   But can't let this kiss of revenue go mainstream.   

All these threats of jail time for this or that but yet the krystal bar perps can zoom the work from home not jail.   I imagine the big man was hoping to look like a savior of his flock but I think he sees this dream dying.  Will anyone lose their job if the AZ misses shipments in June?  Who would trust the first or 3rd batch that gets rushed to keep the masses happy?

The problem with getting the shot illegally is that you can’t prove it when you inevitably will need for travel.

17 hours ago, wprime said:

Thaksin didn't say it was registered.

Hypothetically speaking, if the Pfizer vaccine existed in Thailand, it was probably privately imported from the UAE rather than bought from Pfizer directly, and if so, would be hypothetically available in some private clinics.

I am with you on this.

Additionally the Pfizer official statement on this said - we have not imported into Thailand through our local office.

I wonder if the certain group is ... well you know who I mean.

7 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

You forgot to preface your post with "But, but, but Thaksin..."

Must be getting out of practice!

At least I gave you the opportunity to name the criminal again. I hope it makes you happy.

9 hours ago, billd766 said:

Really. And without frigging the electoral system in the same way that the current lot did, without the cheating and "fixing" by the EC.

No guns, military or police were involved, nor was there a delay of over a month before the results were released.

Thaksin has done far more for the Thai people than any other PM since 1932.

...and raped the coffers more than any PM since 1932.

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

A small number these under diplomatic authority could transport thousands of doses. The narrative of Pfizers vaccine " not entered" Thailand is pure fantasy and face saving. Lets get real for once.

Not sure what your remarks have anything to do with my answer! Let get real for one? 

But based on your answer not me at least no one is saying a diplomatic authority can't bring in or sneak in or buy in if one has the power or money to do so especially the way Thailand operates! 

You want to assume we can assume for days but in the end, my answer has to do with storage of the vaccine not who or what could bring it in!

Get real! 

21 hours ago, hioctane said:

Why is anyone listening to anything a former PM says?

I know nothing about Thaksin, but I would rather listen to him than the present "PM" who is unelected.

At least Thaksin was elected.