Thaksin's wrong! Pfizer jab is not registered in Thailand - FDA mention jail terms

webfact

11 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

I know nothing about Thaksin, but I would rather listen to him than the present "PM" who is unelected.

At least Thaksin was elected.

Elected?  A bit dodgy here.  Payments, bribes, etc.  But yes, he did get more votes.  And was as corrupt as our current one.  Sadly....

Neither are fit to run a country.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

Elected?  A bit dodgy here.  Payments, bribes, etc.  But yes, he did get more votes.  And was as corrupt as our current one.  Sadly....

Neither are fit to run a country.

Is there any PM who was not corrupt? As I said, I know nothing about Thaksin, but I would think at least he had a university education, unlike the unelected "PM" that we have now.

Come to think about it, Thaksin was the PM when I first came to Thailand, and it was a far better country to live in then, not like now. No compulsary 90 day reports, just a nice drive to the border every 90 days, and everyone much happier.

Edited by possum1931
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, DerbyDan said:

Watch out for fakes and make sure to get it at a legit location. Worries are going up about fake vaccines.

Fake immunization cards are also becoming a problem.

khaosan Road soon??

23 hours ago, wprime said:

Thaksin didn't say it was registered.

Hypothetically speaking, if the Pfizer vaccine existed in Thailand, it was probably privately imported from the UAE rather than bought from Pfizer directly, and if so, would be hypothetically available in some private clinics.

Or it is fake.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-56844149

Just now, rasmus5150 said:

She would have had the final say???...???...???....

She didn't say anything, unless it was written in a script.

She did not take interviews, unless she was briefed about the reporters questions.

She was a proxy/puppet and you cannot seriously say that she was fit to run a country.

Yes, rain cause floods. But when you mismanage the prevention you a creating a disaster, and that is what happened in Bangkok 11.

i am not going to disagree with anything you are saying, but I would rather have her as PM than that unelected general.

• Like 2

Just register the darn vaccine! It's not like no one else has looked at it...

Enough about Thaksin already!

That is not the subject of this thread.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Emdog said:

Just register the darn vaccine! It's not like no one else has looked at it...

Enough about Thaksin already!

That is not the subject of this thread.

But the thread subject is about Thaksin.

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1216174-thaksins-wrong-pfizer-jab-is-not-registered-in-thailand-fda-mention-jail-terms/page/4/?tab=comments#comment-16452388

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rasmus5150 said:

She would have had the final say???...???...???....

She didn't say anything, unless it was written in a script.

She did not take interviews, unless she was briefed about the reporters questions.

She was a proxy/puppet and you cannot seriously say that she was fit to run a country.

Yes, rain cause floods. But when you mismanage the prevention you a creating a disaster, and that is what happened in Bangkok 11.

I'm still waiting to see a government able to prevent floods in Thailand.....

Now back to facts: Yingluck started as PM on August 5th, 2011, while the flood was already starting in the North, and not enough water had been discharged from dams before the flood. How could she have been able to implement any prevention? Remind me the name of the PM who was in charge up to August 2011 and did not prevent anything? You know, the one who appointed Prayuth as army chief....

It's nice to repeat the yellow propaganda, but It's better to take facts into account.

BTW, which prevention measures have been implemented by the Junta?

Edited by candide
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/6/2021 at 12:58 PM, Surelynot said:

Just thought....this is the -70C vaccine........that will be a major headache for Thailand.......I can't see it making its way any further than central Bangkok.

Pfizer no longer needs super cold storage. 

https://www.fda.gov/news-events/press-announcements/coronavirus-covid-19-update-fda-allows-more-flexible-storage-transportation-conditions-pfizer

• Like 1

On 5/6/2021 at 12:53 PM, Nojohndoe said:

Any significant amount of a vaccine that needs to be kept at super cold temperatures would be difficult to avoid detection IMO.

Pfizer doesn't need super cold storage any longer.  And they probably brought this in to the US Embassy (and possibly others) via diplomatic pouch.  The Thai government doesn't get to see what is within a diplomatic pouch or seal so the Thai government wouldn't know.

• Like 1

On 5/6/2021 at 1:26 PM, ThailandRyan said:

CBS News got an inside look at the logistical challenges of getting Pfizer's COVID-19 vaccine to the public, including a required storage temperature you would find in the coldest places on Earth.

Colder than Antarctica in winter, dry ice — made from carbon dioxide — is crucial for moving and storing these vaccines. Pfizer's vaccine needs to be kept at 94 degrees below zero Fahrenheit. Dry ice helps maintain the subarctic temperature during shipping. 

Medical facilities at embassies have a full on storage location for medications.  

Pfizer developed a thermal shipper, which they call a "cool box," for the trip. It's about the size of a carry-on suitcase.

Again, FWIW, let me mention that Pfizer does no longer requires super cold storage.

https://www.fda.gov/news-events/press-announcements/coronavirus-covid-19-update-fda-allows-more-flexible-storage-transportation-conditions-pfizer

3 hours ago, billd766 said:

Thaksin may well have been corrupt, but the current lot stole the whole country at the point of a gun. They ignored the caretaker government run by Yingluck who were gearing up for a new democratic election, simply tore up the constitution and wrote a new one in their favour.

They promised elections and took 5 years in doing so, promised to end corruption, to reform the police.  They wrote themselves an amnesty for ALL past, present and future acts.

They promised that there would be no coup, and a few days later they had one.

They promised happiness and reconciliation to the Thai people. I haven't seen much of that lately, have you?

And you believe that Thaksin was worse than this?

Didn't say he was worse. I said just as bad. In a different way. Corrupt as heck.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Jeffr2 said:

Didn't say he was worse. I said just as bad. In a different way. Corrupt as heck.

Nowhere near as bad.

If there was a free vote for all Thais between Prayuth and Thaksin. Thaksin would leave Prayuth in his dust and you need the Hubble telescope to even see him in the distance.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, billd766 said:

Nowhere near as bad.

If there was a free vote for all Thais between Prayuth and Thaksin. Thaksin would leave Prayuth in his dust and you need the Hubble telescope to even see him in the distance.

I wasn't talking about who'd get the votes.  I was saying both are corrupt.  Thaksin won due to populist policies and lies.  Impossible to say he wasn't corrupt. 

• Like 1

On 5/6/2021 at 12:22 PM, rabas said:

Yesterday BH group warned that just mentioning personal vaccine reservation info to the media is a felony and against the law. Now jail for taking a vaccine.

Contrast that to Lao and other countries freely vaccinating everyone. There is something deeply wrong with the Thai vaccine story.

Something deeply wrong with Thailand is more like it. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Prince77 said:

Maybe you can buy this Pfizer soon on Sukhumvit night market, same as other Pfizer products.????

More like Pfizer knock-off's. 

On 5/6/2021 at 12:20 PM, ikke1959 said:

yeas jail everybody who says something the Government doesn't like.. They are criminals with a proof of yesterdays ruling of a drugbaron as MP

It was flour. And if it wasn't flour, it wasn't serious. And even if it was serious, it was a long time ago.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, aboctok said:

It was flour. And if it wasn't flour, it wasn't serious. And even if it was serious, it was a long time ago.

And anyway, it wasn't in Thailand.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

I wasn't talking about who'd get the votes.  I was saying both are corrupt.  Thaksin won due to populist policies and lies.  Impossible to say he wasn't corrupt. 

I didn't say he was or wasn't corrupt.

What I said, if you were paying attention 

My previous post in full 

Thaksin may well have been corrupt, but the current lot stole the whole country at the point of a gun. They ignored the caretaker government run by Yingluck who were gearing up for a new democratic election, simply tore up the constitution and wrote a new one in their favour.

They promised elections and took 5 years in doing so, promised to end corruption, to reform the police.  They wrote themselves an amnesty for ALL past, present and future acts.

They promised happiness and reconciliation to the Thai people. I haven't seen much of that lately, have you?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Oxx said:

And anyway, it wasn't in Thailand.

Interesting defense.......

Thai law states that if a Thai person spends more than two years in a jail anywhere in the world they are barred from becoming an MP......Thamanat did four years....also,

Australia, if they made the request, could demand Thamanat is charged here in Thailand for the offenses committed in Australia......then he could be banned. 

Never going to happen sadly.

22 minutes ago, billd766 said:

I didn't say he was or wasn't corrupt.

What I said, if you were paying attention 

My previous post in full 

They promised elections and took 5 years in doing so, promised to end corruption, to reform the police.  They wrote themselves an amnesty for ALL past, present and future acts.

"may well have been corrupt".  Ya lost me there....

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

"may well have been corrupt".  Ya lost me there....

Ask yourself who was in power when he was deposed and then who was in power when he was convicted.

Follow that up with who was in power when Yingluck was convicted. Strangely enough both were deposed under a military coup yet both "escaped" from Thailand.

Follow that up with what is happening to Thanathorn Juangroongruangkit, who was stripped of his right to be an MP and his political party was dissolved and who is in power at the moment.

Then think about the students who were jailed without bail and try to join the dots.

12 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

The current lot started of with one of the biggest lie of all

"there will be no coup"

Of course they are not corrupt. Every one of the soldiers in the current cabinet has declared at least a few hundred million Baht, some over a billion if I'm not mistaken, and in my book declared means, what they are unable to hide.

Thai army must pay well, not?

• Like 1