Foreign residents WILL be included in COVID-19 vaccination program: CCSA

1194 you have a good point this is not coming from the farang haters (the general and his mate Anutin) and they are including all immergents millions of them from all over and glad to say these two people are losing their grip on full power the big major problem is China government now even the general could see a black lash if he is not very careful the claws are out

20 hours ago, jonclark said:

After the mass hysteria and rants yesterday in a different thread about foreigners being excluded (which was never actually said,) it is nice to see that common sense has prevailed.

I have several large helpings of humble pie???

Monday: Foreigners can register

Wednesday: Foreigners cannot register

Thursday: Foreigners can register

Friday: ????

Saturday: ????

Next week: ????

Next month: ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

The vaccines have all been approved under emergency orders.  Several will be getting full FDA approval from the US shortly.  Millions and millions have been jabbed with no serious consequences.  Especially if compared to the deaths by the virus.

It's our only way out of this mess.  We're all in this together.

Pfizer and moderna havent ben approved for thailand as yet, even under emergency orders.

That has been widely publicized.

Edited by Peterw42
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Expatriates could seek documents from their embassies, the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration or provincial health offices to prove their long stay in the country

Don't we all have that already from immigration? It's called a visa or extension of stay ????

• Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Pfizer and moderna havent ben approved for thailand as yet, even under emergency orders.

That has been widely publicized.

Agreed!  But IMHO, I don't care about the Thai FDA.  I care about the US or European agencies.  If they approve the jabs, then they are probably pretty good.  Thailand isn't doing testing here, just going through paperwork before importing.  Potentially causing huge delays with these desperately needed jabs.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Don't we all have that already from immigration? It's called a visa or extension of stay ????

I think these "documents" are one of those things we will just need to wait and see what they mean. There are people here on Covid stays that might not be interpreted as "long term." Who knows? Personally, I think this statement did not reverse the "Thais first" statement Anutin put out. It could take a long time for the farang app to be developed, put in place, and then actually complete the registration. By that time, it might well have already been "Thais first."

• Like 2

Foreign residents WILL be included in COVID-19 vaccination program: CCSA 

Madam digger must have been talking to the Right person that was able to make the Registration for me   8th of June.

So far from what I have been reading in the News is that Not many people know what's going on .

Lucky that there's a person down here in the Local hospital Knows More than the rest of Thailand.

Farang will be included in the national mass inoculation program...EXCEPT if farang fails to bathe, wears dirty clothes or displeases any local or national Thai official in the eyes of such Thai official. 

As per my post yesterday in another newsletter, I successfully registered at my community health clinic this morning. Having a pink ID card was a prerequisite though. My wife will receive a phone call advising when to attend either the clinic or our village community centre for the first jab.

21 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Will this get reversed tomorrow?

Of course it will. Left hand does not know what right hand is or was doing. Sorry my head was up my <deleted> at the time.

Edited by bstafford214
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TigerandDog said:

As per my post yesterday in another newsletter, I successfully registered at my community health clinic this morning. Having a pink ID card was a prerequisite though. My wife will receive a phone call advising when to attend either the clinic or our village community centre for the first jab.

5555 -  Probably next year, don't sit by the phone. - 5555

• Sad 1

32 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Guess we will all need a new COR or as it is truly called a Residence Certificate...

Again.... Foreigners.  FOREIGNERS WHO ARE ACTUALLY RESIDENT'S?  Visiting tourists? WORK Permit, property owners or whom exactly? 

Anyone who has a Thai Drivers license ????

Stop saying Foreigners, as none of us know what that actually means....  could be migrant workers from Burma or could mean non Asians or Asians, but not Thais.... only thais? 

There is no US and THEM.   You either pay taxes and own rent/ property or you dont. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pokerface1 said:

Why not arrange for a nurse with a needle to give us a jab when we have to report to the immigration office. Then stamp the passport vaccination done and recorded it's that simple

But that makes too much sense. The use of common sense will never happen in Thailand, even my Thai wife agrees.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, pokerface1 said:

Why not arrange for a nurse with a needle to give us a jab when we have to report to the immigration office. Then stamp the passport vaccination done and recorded it's that simple

"a needle", just one? I know funds are tight but ... 

My last extension needed three trips to immigration, does that mean I get three jabs?

Trouble is of course, that many of us only visit immigration once a year to do our extensions, 90 days done online.

• Like 2

What a crock of s***t, they choo and change at the drop of a hat. This latest of supposedly going to let us farangs have the vaccine is another turn. I will check with the local private hospital and see if they can help with some truth about it. I will pay for the vaccine, the government here are for me trying to save face in saying that it will be available for us, and possibly to stop any backlash against them for being totally racist. This is exactly what they are Racist to anyone else other than Thai nationals. I think that they may find that a lot of people who are expats and others who eventually get the vaccine just say f*** all it and do one back to where they are originally from. Which may leave a <deleted> storm of broken relationships and marriages and broken up families and step families and the possibility of unpaid debt. My friend said to me "the land of smiles" ha only if you are a Thai.

2 minutes ago, Crossy said:

"a needle", just one? I know funds are tight but ... 

My last extension needed three trips to immigration, does that mean I get three jabs?

Trouble is of course, that many of us only visit immigration once a year to do our extensions, 90 days done online.

But still more of us in Bangkok go to Chaengwattana than some building in Bangrak that they are proposing. I do my 90 day by mail but I wouldn't mind going to immigration for a 90 day and a shot (or second shot) even though it costs me 1000 baht for a round trip by taxi to go there.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Bradmeister said:

Again.... Foreigners.  FOREIGNERS WHO ARE ACTUALLY RESIDENT'S?  Visiting tourists? WORK Permit, property owners or whom exactly? 

Anyone who has a Thai Drivers license ????

Stop saying Foreigners, as none of us know what that actually means....  could be migrant workers from Burma or could mean non Asians or Asians, but not Thais.... only thais? 

There is no US and THEM.   You either pay taxes and own rent/ property or you dont. 

I don’t see what paying taxes and renting or owning property has to do with it. However I totally agree with you that the words foreigner and thai should not appear in the definition of who should be vaccinated first. Over 60 is over 60 and we are all humans who the virus uses in exactly the same way.

21 hours ago, Sheryl said:

I don't know about tomorrow but I can pretty well guarantee there will be not one but several more contradictory statements within the next few week.

What hospitals will think they are supposed to do, when expats with appointments show up next month, is anyone's guess.

The answer to this question is easy!  They will insist on a $100 fee for a second class person!