Latest reports about COVID 19 extensions at Chaeng Wattana.

Hello,

My Covid 19 extension is about to expire, originally entering on a tourist visa, and I just wanted to clarify and update for everyone, including me, what the requirements are at the moment in Bangkok. I used to do my extension on Ko Samui which went without any hassles or need to provide documents. Just the filled out forms (application for extension of stay, COVID affadavit), a photo, copies of my passport and the 1900 Baht, that was it. No TM 30 or other special forms required. Smooth sailing. 

I tried to read through this forum and got bits and pieces of information, some contradicting. So I would just want to have a clear picture about  whats going on and what is required at Chaeng Wattana immigration for a COVID 19 extension for 60 more days. Would really appreciate, and I am sure anyone else who has to go to CW if someone could share their knowledge and experience. Has someone just done this and can share what the current state is? Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards,

AusDieMaus

6 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

OP, pretty sure the 60 day covid extension is done at Muang Thong Thani.

Not at CW. Someone can correct if I'm in error.

For those on tourist visa entries the 60 day covid 19 extensions are done at Chaeng Wattana now.

Announcement is here: https://bangkokimmigration.com/2021/04/02/งานขออยู่ต่อประเภทท่อง/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, AusDieMaus said:

Thank you for the clarification Ubonjoe. How about the required documents. Some say TM30 is required and some say it is not. Has anyone done the COVID extension recently and can clarify? Thank you.

You will need a completed TM7 form. Copies of your passport photo page, visa, entry stamp, extension stamp and TM6 departure card. And the completed affidavit.

They will want proof of a TM30 report being done since you moved to Bangkok.

43 minutes ago, AusDieMaus said:

Ok, is this absolutely sure that they will want the TM30 or does it depend on the IO, because I was never required to provide this form before, also when I lived in BKK. 

A TM30 report is required if you change the address immigration has in their records. 

Bangkok has been wanting them for a while now.

8 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

For those on tourist visa entries the 60 day covid 19 extensions are done at Chaeng Wattana now.

Announcement is here: https://bangkokimmigration.com/2021/04/02/งานขออยู่ต่อประเภทท่อง/

This is all K counter?

The picture in the link specifies TR-60 and STV. 

Does this also include 'visa on arrival'?

1 hour ago, ratchetcrank said:

Does this also include 'visa on arrival'?

I assume you do not actually mean visa on arrival, but mean visa exempt entry. If you really did mean visa on arrival, please post again to confirm this.

Extensions for those who entered visa exempt are still processed at MTT.

17 hours ago, AusDieMaus said:

Thank you for the clarification Ubonjoe. How about the required documents. Some say TM30 is required and some say it is not. Has anyone done the COVID extension recently and can clarify? Thank you.

I went this last Thursday and I got specifically asked for the TM30, luckily I went prepared and brought it. I also brought with me an airline cancelation ticket that shows that indeed my flight was cancelled and while this was not specifically asked, they kept the paper with the affidavit stating the reason.

34 minutes ago, cpillow said:

I went this last Thursday and I got specifically asked for the TM30, luckily I went prepared and brought it. I also brought with me an airline cancelation ticket that shows that indeed my flight was cancelled and while this was not specifically asked, they kept the paper with the affidavit stating the reason.

When you say you were asked for the TM30 and you brought it, do you mean your "90 day reporting receipt,"or is it something else?

6 minutes ago, kidneyw said:

When you say you were asked for the TM30 and you brought it, do you mean your "90 day reporting receipt,"or is it something else?

He may of had the receipt for a TM30 form submittal or a completed TM30 for to submit.

It has nothing to do with 90 day reporting.

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

He may of had the receipt for a TM30 form submittal or a completed TM30 for to submit.

It has nothing to do with 90 day reporting.

Ubonjoe, I never received any receipt when I submitted my TM30 form in person, seven months ago at CW (Went with my daughter, who I stay with). Does this mean I have to re-submit online, in order to get the necessary paperwork?

8 minutes ago, kidneyw said:

Ubonjoe, I never received any receipt when I submitted my TM30 form in person, seven months ago at CW (Went with my daughter, who I stay with). Does this mean I have to re-submit online, in order to get the necessary paperwork?

You will not need to do a new TM30 report unless you have changed your address since you did the previous one.

You should of gotten a receipt for the TM30 report when you did. It would be the slip that is at the bottom of the TM30 form.

16 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You will not need to do a new TM30 report unless you have changed your address since you did the previous one.

You should of gotten a receipt for the TM30 report when you did. It would be the slip that is at the bottom of the TM30 form.

Do not have this receipt. Don't know what happened. Also have not changed address.

When I go next week, and they ask for this, do I just explain this and say I should be in the computer?

Or will it be a case of trying to get another TM30 receipt, then getting into another queue to do my 60 day covid extension?

23 minutes ago, kidneyw said:

When I go next week, and they ask for this, do I just explain this and say I should be in the computer?

They should see that you using the same address as the one you did before.

The can verify the report was done by checking their online records.

2 hours ago, cpillow said:

At Jomtien they staple it into your passport at the back.

2 hours ago, kidneyw said:

I mean the TM30 receipt, the one that states your address, this is unrelated to your 90 day reporting (TM47)

21 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

A TM30 report is required if you change the address immigration has in their records. 

Bangkok has been wanting them for a while now.

Ubonjoe, you never cease to amaze me with you patience.

On 5/6/2021 at 5:53 PM, DrJack54 said:

OP, pretty sure the 60 day covid extension is done at Muang Thong Thani.

Not at CW. Someone can correct if I'm in error. You may wish to download affidavit. Link below

https://forum.thaivisa.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=727659 229.8 kB · 310 downloads

There are also special cases where a person entered on a non immigration o visa, for them the covid extension is applied for at CW.

Edited by fondue zoo