Phuket to open vaccine registration for expats

snoop1130

1620276130_1-org.jpg

Pracha Asawathira PhD, an academic with the Ministry of Digital Economy and Society, delivered the news during a two-hour live broadcast yesterday evening (May 5). Image: Screenshot / Official COVID-19 Information Center Phuket

PHUKET:-- Foreigners working in Phuket will be able to register to receive the state COVID vaccination through the ‘Phuket Must Win’ web portal from next Tuesday (May 11), Pracha Asawathira PhD, an academic with the Ministry of Digital Economy and Society, has confirmed.

The news was delivered during a two-hour live online broadcast last night (May 5).

“The registration for expats will open on May 11,” Mr Pracha said, before handing over to Worapol Ungtrakul to explain the details.

Mr Worapol is a member of the Phuket Tourist Association who is part of the task force assigned to oversee the operation of the ‘Phuket Must Win’ web portal (www.ภูเก็ตต้องชนะ.com). 

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-to-open-vaccine-registration-for-expats-79914.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2021-05-06

2 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Pracha Asawathira PhD, an academic with the Ministry of Digital Economy

It must be a stipulation that when his name is mentioned he must have his qualification published, insecurity I guess

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, zzzzz said:

.......Foreigners working in Phuket...........

and those NOT working but married and or retired
WAIT

yes, coz they are not necessarily in contact with co-workers, customers or visitors

• Like 1

Come on, out with it, you know you want it..., just say farang pay something for the vaccine....! ????

A Thai in Phuket has only one thing in mind when he wakes up every day, how to get some money out of a farang... lol

So maybe it's for the best, it will certainly speed up the operation and make it efficient, you know how they put their back to it when there is "Baht" insentive....!????

Hell with a few baht tip you can even jump the queue, and with some extra get your jab in the comfort of your sofa at home...., you know we were all vaccinated by now if there was some money to be made by Thais, as they say money talks, .... you know the rest...

Why wasting time authorities , just do it...! 

Edited by Agusts
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

It must be a stipulation that when his name is mentioned he must have his qualification published, insecurity I guess

Nothing wrong with putting your post nominals after your name, it shows your educational credentials and affiliation of professional bodies, it takes a long time to get a Phd as you are aware.

When I was employed and had to hand out my business cards, I personally chose not to have my post nominals on my business cards, otherwise I would have to change my business cards to pamphlets of which I wouldn't be able to put in my suit pocket ????

9 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Nothing wrong with putting your post nominals after your name, it shows your educational credentials and affiliation of professional bodies, it takes a long time to get a Phd as you are aware.

When I was employed and had to hand out my business cards, I personally chose not to have my post nominals on my business cards, otherwise I would have to change my business cards to pamphlets of which I wouldn't be able to put in my suit pocket ????

I've got post nominals too but never used them. The only time they were added to my name was in staff profiles on a company website to display the qualifications of their management.

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

This is nothing, I had a friend who had a PhD in maths, used to put Doctor in front of his name - very confusing...! Even when somebody called and said is this David so and so, he would say, no, it's Doctor David so and so.... lol , very proud of his education....????

Just now, Agusts said:

This is nothing, I had a friend who had a PhD in maths, used to put Doctor in front of his name - very confusing...! Even when somebody called and said is this David so and so, he would say, no, it's Doctor David so and so.... lol , very proud of his education....????

Yep, I know a Thai guy here who has  PhD in Business Administration. He always used Doctor and I always used that title when speaking to him before I found out what the qualification was for....lol