Changing a Tourist Visa to a non immigration O visa in Bangkok

Hi there,

Apologies if the topic has been addressed, but I could not find the specific info I was looking for on this forum.

I am currently in Bangkok on a Tourist visa. I am renting an apartment with my Thai wife & son in BK and looking to stay long term .

I approached a visa agent about arranging the change in visa from Tourist to non immigration O (marriage visa) here in BK. I have all the necessary documents including the Thai bank account with the funds. They quoted 45,000 baht which seems ridiculous for what Im thinking will be a straightforward application. As Im here in BK and have time, should I just do go to the immigration office and apply for it myself? If the price was more like in the  15,000 baht range I would be tempted just to save the hassle, but 40k no way.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

You are correct that the agent's quoted price was ridiculous, even for Bangkok. Doing it yourself will involve some effort. The 90-day Non O visa costs 2,000 baht. It will be taken under consideration, and will require at least two visits to Chaengwattana. You wife will need to be with you for the first of these visits. Near the end of the 90-day stay from the Non O visa, you apply for the one-year extension (1,900 baht) which should usually go smoothly, but again will involve two immigration office visits and an under consideration period. You wife will need to be with you for the application for the extension. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Todoroki said:

Thanks. Yeah I figured it was doable. I guess I'll give it a try and if I run into trouble I will go through an agent. Can anyone recomend a local one that does not charge an arm and a leg?

You will not need an agent .

Pretty straightforward to do yourself.

Immigration will help you.

• Like 1