More Sinovac Vaccine Doses Arrive in Thailand

snoop1130

04พค64-รับวัคซีนsinovac-1.jpg

SAMUT PRAKAN, May 6 (TNA) – One million more doses of COVID-19 vaccine from Sinovac were delivered to Thailand this morning.

Dr Withoon Danwiboon, managing director of the Government Pharmaceutical Organization, accepted the vaccine doses at a customs free warehouse zone of Suvarnabhumi airport. The doses were delivered on an airplane of Air China Airline and were in six refrigerated containers that kept storage temperatures at 2-8 degrees Celsius to maintain the quality of the vaccine.

Full Story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-690683

tnalogo.jpg

-- © Copyright TNA 2021-05-06

• Sad 3

2 hours ago, WHansen said:

I know there is a massive distrust of this vaccine, myself included, but for those in the most at risk catagories, again,myself included as a type 1 diabetic of 35 years, the other options are nearly non existent.

Although i would be very reluctant, i think i would agree to take the vaccine rather than hide away awaiting a more prefered/trusted vaccine that will become available at some point but who knows when.

A tough choice for those who are in the high risk groups for sure.

Since you are in a high risk category, any vaccine is better than none since they all prevent hospitalization and death.

• Like 2

Sinovac, Astra Zeneca? I am having a laugh..

Look at what is happening in the Seychelles, which is the exact model they dream of for Phuket and Chiang  Mai. 

Thailand the hub of burst bubbles.

• Like 2

"A tough choice for those who are in the high risk groups for sure."

"On paper, one of Sinovac's main advantages is that it can be stored in a standard refrigerator at 2-8 degrees Celsius, like the Oxford vaccine, which is made from a genetically engineered virus that causes the common cold in chimpanzees."

Source: BBC

ARE WE NOT MEN? WE ARE DEVO!

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Would love to see a non-regime influenced poll conducted. 

I bet the "Would you take the Sinovac vaccine" question would poll 90% No.

Its all relative, if the poll asked vulnerable people if they would prefer an "immediate" sinovac dose or an undetermined wait for another vaccine.  If I was a front line medical worker or my neighbours were dropping dead, with no other choice, I would jump on a sinovac vaccine.

Thailand isnt getting sinovac to vaccinate the broader population (that will be AZ vaccine), they are getting it as a stop gap measure to respond immediately to outbreaks. 

• Like 2

this is what they are giving to the doctors/nurses in hospitals, our daughter is training to be a doctor and has just been sent to get her first shot, seems they are using the cheapest,  most unreliable vaccine on their front line medical staff

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Peterw42 said:

Its all relative, if the poll asked vulnerable people if they would prefer an "immediate" sinovac dose or an undetermined wait for another vaccine.  If I was a front line medical worker or my neighbours were dropping dead, with no other choice, I would jump on a sinovac vaccine.

Thailand isnt getting sinovac to vaccinate the broader population (that will be AZ vaccine), they are getting it as a stop gap measure to respond immediately to outbreaks. 

In reality, you don't get to chose your vaccine. Those registered for vaccination will be injected with the most suitable option available and currently Sinovac is the most used jab in Thailand and for all front-line, medical and immigration workers. Better get use to this.

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, seajae said:

this is what they are giving to the doctors/nurses in hospitals, our daughter is training to be a doctor and has just been sent to get her first shot, seems they are using the cheapest,  most unreliable vaccine on their front line medical staff

But then your daughter doesn't even have a uniform! She is only training to be a doctor, (of which you should be immensely proud)!

The very best of luck to her.

You mean the vaccine that no one wants. Its so bad they have to donate to Thailand. Without a doubt the worst vaccine on the planet. I would not give it to my dog. Doctors and nurses at the Hospital I go to in Udon (AEK) dont want it. That should tell you enough when Healthcare workers dont want it. I will either pay 3000 THB and get Moderna here or get it in USA in November and pay nothing . What ever comes first 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, trainman34014 said:

Duterte just sent it all back to China...who has provided it free !

China donated 2 or 3 million doses to Thailand also. China didn't charge anyone for spreading Covid 19 either, why should they charge us for the worst vaccine on the market . LOL

• Like 1

Just now, club said:

China donated 2 or 3 million doses to Thailand also. China didn't charge anyone for spreading Covid 19 either, why should they charge us for the worst vaccine on the market . LOL

I imagine the deal was they wanted data in return.......see if it is safe to use in China.

16 minutes ago, trainman34014 said:

Duterte just sent it all back to China...who has provided it free !

That was Sinopharm not Sinovac vaccine. Sinopharm has yet to be approved in Philippines. Still Duterte got the Sinopharm jab. Strange.  

• Confused 1