Senior virologist says Thailand needs all makes of vaccine to be administered rapidly

snoop1130

10 minutes ago, WHansen said:

I Know he gets criticised a lot on T.V and everyone would like to choose an alternative to the Chinese and to some extent the AZ vaccine, but, if the less favoured and trusted vaccines save lives and reduce the spread of Covid, enabling everyone to start returning to a less restrictive life again.....start jabbing people with whatever can be aquired now and quickly.

He is making noise and will hopefully add more pressure on the government to look at alternatives to the 'cash cow' Siam Bioscience that everyone is hoping will make them

even richer.

Written after a couple of beers so excuse the grammer and spelling.

Well I answered you after 2 liters of beautiful red wine

6 minutes ago, rabas said:

Dr. Yong is highly respected world wide. But, now he's addressing our local dinosaurs with simple medical information that even they can understand, except maybe Anutin the health minister.

From the same article:

"If, however, there were more severe cases, like Grade 4 and upward, the efficacy of the Sinovac vaccine would be higher, even up to 100% for Grade 7 severe cases, he said."

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Thailand’s well-known and respected virologist Dr. Yong Poovorawan said today (Thursday) that Thailand needs all brands of COVID-19 vaccines it can procure, to inoculate people as quickly as possible.

While the illustrious leader has a monopoly in place with a certain in-house manufacturer.

11 hours ago, placeholder said:

From the same article:

"If, however, there were more severe cases, like Grade 4 and upward, the efficacy of the Sinovac vaccine would be higher, even up to 100% for Grade 7 severe cases, he said."

So is 7 the highest and worst grade.?

Which grade is the most common in Thailand. 

Okay, true.

But, why did this junta hugger not tell this his junta buddies six months ago already? Why did he never complain about the monopoly game of the government? Why did he never complain about not joining COVAX and why did he never complain about blocking private sourcing of the vaccines?

Answer: He always has been nothing but a junta hugger. This even has been more important for him than his reputation as a scientist.

20210413_235940.jpg

16 hours ago, rott said:

So is 7 the highest and worst grade.?

Which grade is the most common in Thailand. 

Since most cases of covid don't lead to hospitalization and/or death, I don't see the relevance of the question. The world wouldn't be experiencing a crisis if Covid-19 wasn't resulting in significant excess mortality. If a vaccine can sharply reduce that number, that's what counts. Especially given that vaccines that reduce mortality and hospitalization at an even higher rate, currently are in short supply in the world market.

The shop is open, but nobody is manning the desk. That sums up Thailand right now. Either nobody is in charge, or the people in charge are dropping the ball, to an extraordinary degree. The vaccination drive is a great example of this. They were behind the curve, even before they got out of the gate. 

Anutin and Prayuth are so far in over their heads, it boggles even an average mind. 

Yes, Dr. Yong is correct, leveling as much criticism at this administration is the way to go, and calling it like it is, never hurt anyone, unless their skin was too thin to handle it.

The students are right. The dinosaurs need to be shown the door. Their time is up. Their usefulness is in the past. They have betrayed the people. The way forward is without them. Goodbye Prayuth, Phiphat, Anutin, and all the other retrogrades. See ya!

• Like 1

Each time there is a variant, a vaccine will be administered.

Are you ready for an annual or six-monthly shot for the rest of your life? You will be in a state of continuous therapy.

3 hours ago, placeholder said:

Since most cases of covid don't lead to hospitalization and/or death, I don't see the relevance of the question. The world wouldn't be experiencing a crisis if Covid-19 wasn't resulting in significant excess mortality. If a vaccine can sharply reduce that number, that's what counts. Especially given that vaccines that reduce mortality and hospitalization at an even higher rate, currently are in short supply in the world market.

I was unaware of the existence of different grades until a recent post mentioned grade 4 and grade 7, hence my curiosity. 

Of course I now realise that I was in error for posting something that you do not see the relevance of. I do not know if I will ever be able to live with myself.