Big victory for farangs who want fairness. Thais made to pay.

RobMuir

14 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

don't get economics, 

I think that is where we differ. Providing "free" tests doesn't mean it is free. Someone pays. The taxpayer.

No such thing as a free lunch.

14 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

try's rips her off 100 baht, and when I say try's to rips her off 100 baht I mean "try's", 

I think you mean tries.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Care to elaborate ?

Thais have to pay. Which is the point of this thread. 

You originally said on the earlier thread that it want the 500 baht, but it was the "point" of it. 

Now that the Thais are also paying for it are you more likely to go to Phuket. To take your family will cost 2000 for testing now. But it is fair right?

Nah. Less likely to go. You were just carrying on. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RobMuir said:

I think that is where we differ. Providing "free" tests doesn't mean it is free. Someone pays. The taxpayer.

No such thing as a free lunch.

I think you mean tries.

So tax payers around the world pay for everyone equally, regardless of nationality or residency, and there you have equality.

Seriously, are you clutching at straws on my spelling, you don't have to be a good speller to be smart, but we can allow those who want to big note themselves to clutch at straws all their lives by knit picking, no skin off of my nose.

Did you want to try gramma, punctuations or anything else, tells me a lot about who you are.

1 hour ago, RobMuir said:

Thais have to pay. Which is the point of this thread. 

You originally said on the earlier thread that it want the 500 baht, but it was the "point" of it. 

Now that the Thais are also paying for it are you more likely to go to Phuket. To take your family will cost 2000 for testing now. But it is fair right?

Nah. Less likely to go. You were just carrying on. 

Thanks for clarifying, regardless, the wrong has now been corrected, everyone has to pay and that is the way it should have been from the outset, not Thai's free, farangs pay.

Will I go to Phuket because I have to pay, no I won't, but my point was that Thai's have for too long gotten away with this, Thai's free, farangs pay mentality, it's wrong, period.

I had been going to Phuket since 2006, probably been there a dozen times, there is nothing good about Phuket in my opinion, outside of Patong there are nice beaches and places to go to, like Nai Harn, Kata, Karon, but it doesn't matter were you go, Thai's are desperate to rip you off, for example, if I go to buy some watermelon from a seller who is cutting it in pieces for you, will say 40 baht when he is done and handing it to you while smiling, my wife behind me tells me to give him 20 baht, no argument, silence, or going to a flee market to buy some food 200 baht, wife will says give her 100 baht because she knows the prices and they know the look, one even saying come on sister helps us out here, So what it's double for farangs, normal prices for Thai's, I mean they deserve everything they get for all of the years of ripping farangs off, it's an absolute disgrace, one would hope they learn, that is all I can say. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1