Jump to content
Thai Visa Forum

Travel agents warned not to advertise “Vaccine Tours”


Recommended Posts

E43C474B-A365-4F00-84BC-17E0C08B447D.jpg

 

Thai tourism authorities have warned travel agents not to use the term “vaccine tour” in their advertisements, even though such tour programs are allowed, and urged them to list all the details of their tours for their customers’ information, to avoid misunderstandings.

 

Director-General of the Department of Tourism, Anan Wongbenjarat, said Wednesday that tour operators cannot use the word “vaccine” as a marketing tool and advised them to use the words “health tour” instead.

 

He said details, particularly the vaccination process, must be provided and that it is necessary to make clear to customers that travel insurance will not cover health conditions and allergic reactions related to vaccines received.

 

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/travel-agents-warned-not-to-advertise-vaccine-tours/

 

Logo-top-.png
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

They use to advertise tours with "happy ending" they can still do it and call it "healthy ending" No?...

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

A post with a link to an unapproved social media site has been removed:

 

18) Social Media content is acceptable in most social forums. However, in factual areas such as news, current affairs and health topics, it cannot be used unless it is from a credible news media source or government agency, and must include a weblink to the original source.

 

A post with a disallowed reference to the current government has been removed. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Scott said:

The mayor of New York City, Bill de Blasio, was on television and said that tourists visiting the city could get a vaccine.   They will even be offering the vaccine in Times Square. 

Careful!

This will surely be listed here as false news and access to it blocked pronto.

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

the government has monopoly on vax program and tries to censor use of language.

Tourist insurance is required for visa, but thai insurers also offer separate covid vax side effects policies.

 

Thailand had a chance to become hub of vax, if they only ordered them on time the last year. Some travellers would come , even with quarantine, to avoid covid waves in their own countries and have a choice of different vax in thailand.

Edited by internationalism
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, webfact said:

Thai tourism authorities have warned travel agents not to use the term “vaccine tour” in their advertisements, even though such tour programs are allowed, and urged them to list all the details of their tours for their customers’ information, to avoid misunderstandings.

So what word should they use instead of vaccine?

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, 1duckyboy said:

"Vaccine Tours" gives the Thai leaders a tremendous loss of face.

Arrogance does not acknowledge loss of face....

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, internationalism said:

the government has monopoly on vax program and tries to censor use of language.

Tourist insurance is required for visa, but thai insurers also offer separate covid vax side effects policies.

 

Thailand had a chance to become hub of vax, if they only ordered them on time the last year. Some travellers would come , even with quarantine, to avoid covid waves in their own countries and have a choice of different vax in thailand.

 

This would have required some planning ahead and logistics. 2 things Thais are not well known for. And foreigners don't get a WP for that 😉

 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, webfact said:

Thai tourism authorities have warned travel agents not to use the term “vaccine tour” in their advertisements, even though such tour programs are allowed, and urged them to list all the details of their tours for their customers’ information, to avoid misunderstandings.

 

Director-General of the Department of Tourism, Anan Wongbenjarat, said Wednesday that tour operators cannot use the word “vaccine” as a marketing tool and advised them to use the words “health tour” instead.

Anyone using the term "vaccine tour" will be whipped with a handful of wet Bami Noodles and publicly shamed!!!  You've been warned!

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Scott said:

The mayor of New York City, Bill de Blasio, was on television and said that tourists visiting the city could get a vaccine.   They will even be offering the vaccine in Times Square.  

 

 

 

I watched his presser, this seems to be an "idea" at this point.

 

And are tourists supposed to hang around for 3 or 4 weeks for the second dose?

 

Start spreading the news
I'm leaving today
I want to be a part of it

 

 

Yes, quite a few states seem to not require a residency test. Some even waive a citizenship test.

 

 

 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...