National Health Security Office Offers Compensation for Adverse Reactions to COVID-19 Vaccines

webfact

3e7d322384b109925b98fc43b3867f02_small.jpg

By Woraprat Lerpaisal

BANGKOK (NNT) - The National Health Security Office (NHSO) is offering compensation for the adverse side effects following COVID-19 inoculation, ranging from persistent illnesses to death.

NHSO secretary-general Jadej Thammatacharee said the NHSO’s board decided to adjust its payments for healthcare services associated with COVID-19 screening and treatment by including compensation for COVID-19 vaccination reactions.

In cases of death or irreversible disability, a maximum of 400,000 baht will be paid per case, while 240,000 baht will be paid for cases of less serious disabilities. As for injuries or persistent illness, the maximum compensation payment is 100,000 baht.

He said financial compensation will be paid within five days of a claim being submitted. The NHSO has set aside 11 billion baht to pay for COVID-19 screening and about 7 billion baht has been disbursed. About half of the payments went into funding COVID-19 screening services and the rest to funding the treatment of infected patients.

nnt.jpg

Two  days  ago they said  foreigners getting the vaccine would  need  to also  take  out an insurance  policy in case of  any side  effects. Doubtless this  will be a state  approved one  of my mates  companies  overpriced  vaccine at that.

So  far then reports  have stated free  vaccine for foreigners, perhaps  maybe ,maybe  not,  an administration and doctors   fee and now an insurance  to be required. Keep  it  up.

Edited by Rampant Rabbit

2 hours ago, HomeBirth said:

Sounds awesome!

Lets vaccinate ourself into death so our family gets 400k THB ????

It’s a no-brainer! 

#solidarity

Don't  laugh my Wife  has told me she want's to get covid as she  will get  500 thousand  baht from her insurance.

1 hour ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

Don't  laugh my Wife  has told me she want's to get covid as she  will get  500 thousand  baht from her insurance.

there was one policy paying 200k for positive test, I have bought one for 1050b. There were also many others paying 100k. From the beginning of May they are not available anymore, and replaced with smaller payments 50k.

There are also policies only for covid vax side effects

Edited by internationalism

5 minutes ago, internationalism said:

there was one policy paying 200k for positive test, I have bought one for 1050b. There were also many others paying 100k. From the beginning of May they are not available anymore, and replaced with smaller payments 50k.

There are also policies only for covid vax side effects

It's  not that they won't  pay out, it was her way of  thinking.

While I do plan to take a vaccine in Thailand, when more choice becomes available, the question is being raised. The vaccine producing companies seem to be wanting country government sign-ons as official partners in the vaccine usage. I suspect one of the major considerations here is protection of the companies from any immediate or long term negative health results liability.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

I was not joking.

Actually this is the only way to get any compensation for any side effects of these experimental vaccines, as the producers signed agreements that due to the “emergency nature” of the current situation they can’t be held responsible for any side effects!

Seems like Pfizer learned from the multi-million-dollar-compensations they paid in the past.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, HomeBirth said:

these experimental vaccines

Blimey how many million vaccinations do you need to see before you accept they are no longer experimental?

Will tens of millions do or are you still going to stick with the same blinkered, naïve narrative?

10 hours ago, webfact said:

He said financial compensation will be paid within five days of a claim being submitted.

Claim submittal process will probably be so onerous as to claim even more lives.

27 minutes ago, mark131v said:

Blimey how many million vaccinations do you need to see before you accept they are no longer experimental?

Will tens of millions do or are you still going to stick with the same blinkered, naïve narrative?

LOL.

Ever heard that longterm-side-effects are just visible after a long term?

It’s logically impossible to know about the long term effects right now, just impossible.

Anyway, many people especially women experienced and reported some serious reproduction issues already. And this is just in the short term.

Furthermore I am not interested in a digitalized future where I need to scan my QR-Code-Vaccine-Passport every time I enter a restaurant, a supermarket, a cinema or something else.

Maybe you enjoy when corrupt and criminal governments(not just in Thailand) track and trace you everywhere you go, I don’t.

Edited by HomeBirth
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, HomeBirth said:

LOL.

It’s logically impossible to know about the long term effects right now, just impossible.

Anyway, many people especially women experienced and reported some serious reproduction issues already. And this is just in the short term.

Furthermore I am not interested in a digitalized future where I need to scan my QR-Code-Vaccine-Passport every time I enter a restaurant, a supermarket, a cinema or something else.

Maybe you enjoy when corrupt and criminal governments(not just in Thailand) track and trace you everywhere you go, I don’t.

Blimey, what can you say?

Millions dead, millions saved, maybe it's all a hoax or big brother...

Good luck and I hope it's not too warm under that tin foil hat...

1 hour ago, mark131v said:

Blimey, what can you say?

Millions dead, millions saved, maybe it's all a hoax or big brother...

Good luck and I hope it's not too warm under that tin foil hat...

When you have no arguments, it’s always easy to use empty phrases like tin foil hat ???? 

I would argue regarding the “millions dead, millions saved” but as I was just banned until today for expressing my opinion, I will not comment any further on this. Freedom of speech is heavily censored.

Just so far:

Governments always stole our rights with the argument it would be just for our benefit. Until today it was never true, but maybe this time it’s different, huh?

7 minutes ago, HomeBirth said:

When you have no arguments, it’s always easy to use empty phrases like tin foil hat ???? 

I would argue regarding the “millions dead, millions saved” but as I was just banned until today for expressing my opinion, I will not comment any further on this. Freedom of speech is heavily censored.

Just so far:

Governments always stole our rights with the argument it would be just for our benefit. Until today it was never true, but maybe this time it’s different, huh?

Blimey, see your GP mate their are medicine's that might help though to be fair that is a massive amount of paranoia...

1 hour ago, mark131v said:

Blimey, see your GP mate their are medicine's that might help though to be fair that is a massive amount of paranoia...

Sure, maybe I am paranoid. Could be.

But you just could be ignorant as well.

7 hours ago, HomeBirth said:

LOL.

Well said, well said.  ????