Hang Dong Westerner Makes the National News.

LomSak27

Just as I suspected, not a great time to be making a spectacle of ones Farang self, on video red-faced maskless in public. "Scaremongering" to suggest a few unfortunates might to be made example of, perhaps levied the heavy fines mooted  and threatened with certain immigration problems?  At a minimum he should be assigned community service picking up trash or volunteering at  field hospitals.

Edited by Captain Monday
  • Like 2

For those who can read a bit of Thai, you can see a lot of negative remarks from Thai regarding this foreigner.

eg. chase him out.

why let him into Thailand if he doesn't have any social manners.

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Eindhoven said:

They have a point.

All I can suggest is that people should make more of an effort to live in harmony; rather than to sow discord.

If wearing a mask helps others to feel comfortable around you; wear a mask and wear it properly. Half wearing it shows disdain. Not wearing one at all; total disrespect.

Make friends instead of enemies. Too many think that their spending money is enough to command respect.

Being nice is better.

Unfortunately, many westerners don't like to wear mask or wear them half-way to show they are actually wearing something.

I have seen a guy who took off his mask minutes after entering the shopping center.

If you sneeze with your half-way mask , the virus can still spread around.

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, EricTh said:

Unfortunately, many westerners don't like to wear mask or wear them half-way to show they are actually wearing something.

I have seen a guy who took off his mask minutes after entering the shopping center.

If you sneeze with your half-way mask , the virus can still spread around.

I live in BKK the people i see without a mask are usually low so foreigners and Thais. The MC taxis often have their mask off when sitting down. Foreigners i see a lot just walking without masks. Normal Thais (bit more educated more money) do wear masks.

Its just the lower educated idiots (i understand it for MC drivers out all day but not for foreigners who just need to walk a bit) who are without masks.

At least that is what i see in BKK may vary per province.

Edited by robblok
  • Like 1

Just now, Sticky Rice Balls said:

Congrats to this fellow...he can come to youtube for the rest of his life to brag to his friends and show the world who he really is.......here's your sign

Unluckily we can't see his face on Youtube. 

13 minutes ago, robblok said:

I live in BKK the people i see without a mask are usually low so foreigners and Thais. The MC taxis often have their mask off when sitting down. Foreigners i see a lot just walking without masks. Normal Thais (bit more educated more money) do wear masks.

Its just the lower educated idiots (i understand it for MC drivers out all day but not for foreigners who just need to walk a bit) who are without masks.

At least that is what i see in BKK may vary per province.

Not sure i have seen so much arrogance in a post before.....Low-so foreigners, lower educated idiots, you can tell all this by simply walking around ??

8 minutes ago, EricTh said:

Unluckily we can't see his face on Youtube. 

He knows....Id be freaked out if I was there online forever for acting like a d*ck.......I suppose if they showed his face he could file legal charges to take it down

8 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I'm betting the xenophobic racist Thai making the video could have found 10 Thais without masks in the same road at the same time.

they were all standing behind the videographer, slack jawed, masks on chin... ????

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bangkokhatter said:

Not sure i have seen so much arrogance in a post before.....Low-so foreigners, lower educated idiots, you can tell all this by simply walking around ??

Yes I can, only the uneducated lower part of society is disregarding the rules. Also i would say motorcycle taxi drivers are not hi so neither are food sellers. So yea i can see it. For foreigners you can see it by their behavior of not conforming to the rules. Only uneducated low so people would ignore the rules and put the spotlight on all of us.

I don't like the masks but I even wear them for the 10 minute dog walk i do in the morning with barely a person on the street. The rules are the rules and putting us in the spotlight is just stupid.

Your name implies you live in BKK. If you can't see the difference between office workers and the food sellers (dress wise) you must surely be visual impaired. You can learn a lot by the way people dress especially Thais.

The foreigner by having to know better falls under uneducated. I am not saying masks are great but these are the rules and we know that the spotlight is on us. So only dumb uneducated people would act like that.

Edited by robblok
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I by all means feel that this gentlemen has more than some attitude problems, and should obey local laws.

But I'm more concerned how fast the Facebook crowd and social media has jumped on this and condemned someone for not wearing a mask out in the open. 

Is the world really coming to this?

I'm more scared of Facebook/social media than I am of Covid.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/7/2021 at 8:37 AM, Eindhoven said:

They have a point.

All I can suggest is that people should make more of an effort to live in harmony; rather than to sow discord.

If wearing a mask helps others to feel comfortable around you; wear a mask and wear it properly. Half wearing it shows disdain. Not wearing one at all; total disrespect.

Make friends instead of enemies. Too many think that their spending money is enough to command respect.

Being nice is better.

You can’t buy respect no matter how much you “spend”...actions command respect or the lack of it

Just now, Kanada said:

You can’t buy respect no matter how much you “spend”...actions command respect or the lack of it

True

Yet in Thailand you can be totally respectful, but if you don't spend enough ... popular cultures says, get them out.