Jomtien Immigration- Bank Letter Requirements

I will shortly be doing my extension based on retirement at Jomtien Immigration.

This is my first time at Jomtien following a change of address. I bank with Kasikorn.

Advice on any Jomtien-specific requirements  would be appreciated.

Also, is there any particular branch of Kasikorn that is user-friendly for issuing bank letters?

Finally, does Jomtien operate an appointment system for renewal of extensions?

Thank you.

The Kasikorn branch on beach road slightly north of Soi 5 (immigration) is good to use they know exactly what immigration require.

No appointment system as far as I know.

Edited by johng
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, johng said:

The Kasikorn branch on beach road slightly north of Soi 5 (immigration) is good to use they know exactly what immigration require.

No appointment system as far as I know.

Thank you johng. Do you know if the letter and/or passbook update have to be done o the day ?

2 hours ago, hotandsticky said:

Do you know if the letter and/or passbook update have to be done o the day ?

I'm  on extension due to marriage so might be different for retirement  ?

for me they have always wanted bank letter and updated bank book from the same day,

if I remember rightly the Kasikorn I mentioned opens at 9am

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, franckpattaya said:

Do not forget to deposit or withdraw money (100 Baht for example) before asking the letter because Jomtien immigration

asks a signed copy of every page of your book bank and the amount on your book bank must match with the amount on the letter provided by the bank.

I use to go in with copies of everything.  Sometimes they were taken, but many times given back.  Now, I just go in with just a few copies.  If they want something else, they either do it right there, or, wait for you while you go over to the copy guy.

Not sure I'd do a copy of every page of the bank book.  Just the inside page with your name and account number and the last page. 

One time, they asked for 2 copies of every page in my passport!  It was an old passport, so that was a lot of copies! 

P.S. Don't go Monday morning or the day after a holiday.  Mid week is best.  I use to go in the afternoon, but got turned away last time saying they were too busy! LOL

• Like 1

18 hours ago, hotandsticky said:

Thank you johng. Do you know if the letter and/or passbook update have to be done o the day ?

I did my marriage extension last month. Had a problem with the paperwork and had to return the following day so I enquires about the bank letter. i was told it’s valid for 3 days. 
I returned 48hrs later and the same letter and bank book update was accepted 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Jomtien will (generally) accept a bank letter and updated bank book if they were done within 3 days though I thought that was mainly if you went in on a Monday morning (or the first morning after a long weekend).
I always do my letter/book update the day before and go to Immigration first thing the next morning.

Never had a problem with that in the 9 years I've done it now.

Jomtien wants a photocopy of the first page of your bankbook (where it shows the name and account number) as well as the page(s) showing the previous and latest updates.
So they can make sure you've kept the correct amount of money in the account for the correct periods.

I have never been required to make a deposit/withdrawal on the account, but I use a "Fixed Term" account, which Jomtien has no problem with.

If you are keeping your money in a less secure Savings account and use that for your day-to-day spending, then I could see them wanting a copy of each page of your bank book, to make sure you didn't take out too much  at some point during the last year or are trying some shenanigans.

Most banks have a form letter in their system already so you should be able to get it from whichever branch you normally deal with. I've heard that some branches charge 100 baht for the letter, but I think that has to do with how much you have deposited in their bank. I've never had to pay for the letter myself.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As JOHNG said in a previous reply, except sometimes Jomtien immigration asks for a 1 year statement. Again the Kasikorn on Soi 3 know exactly what you want. I always get one whilst I’m there. Costs Thb 200 and saves the trip back if they do ask.

There is an App for making appointments. I believe it’s called Que-Q. Haven’t used it but read feedback it works well.

• Like 1

I went to Jomtien in January for a retirement extension based on income. Got the two letters from Bangkok Bank one showing 12 international transfers and one showing the balance.

I withdrew 500bt and updated the book before I went inside to get the letters.

I went to Immigration the same day and for the first time, they wanted copies of every page of my bank book showing the international transfers!!!

I asked her, if that is the case why do I need a bank letter showing the 12 international payments which is the same information as in the book.

She just looked at me with indignation as said "need both"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kerryd said:

Jomtien will (generally) accept a bank letter and updated bank book if they were done within 3 days though I thought that was mainly if you went in on a Monday morning (or the first morning after a long weekend).
I always do my letter/book update the day before and go to Immigration first thing the next morning.

Never had a problem with that in the 9 years I've done it now.

Jomtien wants a photocopy of the first page of your bankbook (where it shows the name and account number) as well as the page(s) showing the previous and latest updates.
So they can make sure you've kept the correct amount of money in the account for the correct periods.

I have never been required to make a deposit/withdrawal on the account, but I use a "Fixed Term" account, which Jomtien has no problem with.

If you are keeping your money in a less secure Savings account and use that for your day-to-day spending, then I could see them wanting a copy of each page of your bank book, to make sure you didn't take out too much  at some point during the last year or are trying some shenanigans.

Most banks have a form letter in their system already so you should be able to get it from whichever branch you normally deal with. I've heard that some branches charge 100 baht for the letter, but I think that has to do with how much you have deposited in their bank. I've never had to pay for the letter myself.

I have a fixed account also.  Just to get the book updated, I have to either deposit or take out money.  And pay 100B for the letter. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MadMuhammad said:

Chon  Buri immi Soi 5 Beach Road, Jomtien 

"She"   must like you !  ????

5 hours ago, Kerryd said:

"She"   must like you too ! ????

• Haha 1

On 5/7/2021 at 1:18 PM, hotandsticky said:

Let us know how you got on will you please? I'll be doing my first reporting at Jomtien soon ????

gday 

1. i will enter thailand on a non-o 90 days visa in june. 

2. i will apply for the marriage extension in jomtien.

3. my last marriage extension lapsed in august 2020.

4. do i need for the new marriage extension again to take a thai witness from my

neighbour hood and will immigration visit me again at home ??? 

cheers

roobaa01

3 minutes ago, roobaa01 said:

4. do i need for the new marriage extension again to take a thai witness from my

Probably since you are applying for a new extension not a extension of a existing one.

Just a friendly reminder,  don't forget to bring along with your photos with your presence taken 1. in front of your condo complex 2. in front of your condo room, 3. and inside your condo.

18 hours ago, roobaa01 said:

cheers

From my own experience at Jomtien they won't want a witness to come with you to the immigration office  but they will require you to provide one when they come to visit you at home,  witness  needs to supply  copy of ID card ,blue house book  and answer questions about you and your wife.

This year (new requirement from now on every year)

they also wanted an updated  copy of Kor Ror 2 marriage document available from the amphur office along with the other reams of paperwork and photos.

thk u @johng for yr update. one more question pops up my scb savings passbook balance thb 500k plus is used up, thus i require a new one. hence how do i make sure about the funds being in the acc. for 2 months or will the opening entry in the new bankbook be transferred from the old one.

wbr

roobaa01

2 minutes ago, roobaa01 said:

thk u @johng for yr update. one more question pops up my scb savings passbook balance thb 500k plus is used up, thus i require a new one. hence how do i make sure about the funds being in the acc. for 2 months or will the opening entry in the new bankbook be transferred from the old one.

The new bank book will show the balance on the day is issued. You will need to show both bank books when you apply.