Beach lockdown

RogerAwad

Beach lockdown.  Up until two days ago I was exercising and swimming In the Dongtan Beach area.  I was informed by a lifeguard that I can no longer do so.  Does anyone know when this lockdown on the beaches is scheduled to lift.  Thank you

There is no info on that... the original 'lockdown' was cited for 2 weeks and that will be reviewed around 15th May. Considering infections remain high I expect it will be extended.....

Exercising on the Beach was supposed to be okay. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, nightfox said:

Swimming in that water especially with all the flood water run offs is risky enough without Covid.

I expect it is far better these days without all the tourist sewage..... 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, TaaSaparot said:

During the last lockdown they actually taped off the beach, which they have not done this time ... yet.

Walking the beach is okay, but swimming in the sea i seemingly high risk ... go figure.

No it's not, It's not taped off and you can take your chances but I witnessed much blowing of whistles, hand waving and eventual removal by the lifeguards the other day for anyone walking on either  Pattaya and the main Jomtien beach . Dongtan was off the radar until now it seems. 5 yards off the sand on the walkways is okay.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kinyara said:

but I witnessed much blowing of whistles, hand waving and eventual removal by the lifeguards the other day

It makes you wonder why they can't simply keep people from congregating on the beach but allow them to swim alone? Too much effort, or too much discretion, perhaps?

Two days ago, Pattaya News had a story about how the Pattaya police were fed up with people gathering in groups on the beach after dark. And what was the result of these thinly veiled threats? A blanket ban on using the beach or sea for exercise, apparently. Not a single "guilty party" got fined or hauled off to Soi 9, instead people who simply wanted to try and keep fit are no longer allowed to do so. If people can't see how ridiculous this situation is they need to take off their rose-tinted glasses and see the city for what it is, a den of corruption run by dishonest and incompetent politicians and policed by a force that would be locked up in its own cells if there was a jot of honesty in this place. 

The beach closure a year ago was annoying enough, and lasted around a month, but with the daily case load running at around 2,000 a day and showing no sign of abating, I seriously wonder of the beaches will reopen this year? 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

They know that viruses love the heat and UV rays, which help them multiply.

As a matter of fact, there are so many viruses congregating to the beach that one can see them, like a cloud...a terrifying sight...

Closing the beach until year end will ensure that it is perfectly clean when millions of international tourists will invade Thailand, starting January 1st 2022...or is it 2032?

Edited by Brunolem
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, TaaSaparot said:

During the last lockdown they actually taped off the beach, which they have not done this time ... yet.

Walking the beach is okay, but swimming in the sea i seemingly high risk ... go figure.

well there's claims it can be detected in open sewerage...

so it is a double whammy problem ☠️????

• Haha 1

Just now, redwood1 said:

Sir your understanding of the virus is amazing....Most people just don't get this virus.......You are correct give this virus open air and sunshine and it breeds like rabbits....A swim at the beach or in a pool is nothing short of Russian Roulette......The virus also loves massages and bars especially dancing in bars, dancing in a bar is digging your on grave...

But on the other hand the virus simple hats shopping.....Grocery stores markets malls, the virus simply can't stand these places so people are safe there.....Same goes for the Sky Train and buses, these place the virus finds a bore so your safe there too....... 

Necessity vs not necessity.

While I disagree that going to the quiet beach is harmless its not necessary. 

Going to a massage or bar is also completely unnecessary. 

Going on the skytrain, grocery store and shopping for food is a necessity.

Going to ‘other shops’ in the mall not a necessity.

There is a grey area which IMO the beach falls into. But a beer bar or pub is certainly well outside of the grey area when isolation is of key importance. 

Thus: there is clearly no need to lockdown the beach, they could remain open and the police could simply do their job and stop people from ‘congregating in groups’..... 

But some of the idiots who would go there, would congregate, would drink and party and have thus spoiled it .

The laws have to exist because of the lowest common denominator. 

• Like 1

On 5/7/2021 at 3:52 PM, Guderian said:

Totally ridiculous, but sadly not unexpected given the muppets running the show here.

Well I suppose you could move to India mate. Or maybe you will also have a superior attitude there too.......

On 5/7/2021 at 9:29 PM, TaaSaparot said:

No thats not allowed either. Last Monday the tide was out and I was walking along the edge of the water about 25 yards out on Dongtan beach Jomtien. The lifeguard walked over armed with his mobile and politely told us walking on the beach was not allowed. This goes against all the published rules but you cant ignore what they have told you to do.