Beach lockdown

RogerAwad

1 hour ago, jimn said:

No thats not allowed either. Last Monday the tide was out and I was walking along the edge of the water about 25 yards out on Dongtan beach Jomtien. The lifeguard walked over armed with his mobile and politely told us walking on the beach was not allowed. This goes against all the published rules but you cant ignore what they have told you to do.

Pattaya Beach was not taped off today, but was completely empty late morning.

20210509_110350.thumb.jpg.52242e771261179cc5c022790d0059fb.jpg

Edited by jacko45k

18 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Pattaya Beach was not taped off today, but was completely empty late morning.

20210509_110350.thumb.jpg.52242e771261179cc5c022790d0059fb.jpg

Managed to find a spot far end of Jomtien beach to sit on albeit near the walkway..............4 thai kids playing in the sea also went undisturbed..................yesterday 4pm this was

49 minutes ago, thaiflyer1 said:

Managed to find a spot far end of Jomtien beach to sit on albeit near the walkway..............4 thai kids playing in the sea also went undisturbed..................yesterday 4pm this was

I was thinking there might be more folks around by afternoon, but I had a bit of shopping to do, and the skies looked threatening. ( If we get thunderstorms, I can be trapped for  long time as I was on my m/cycle). 

To my knowledge, Na Jomtien beach has been open the whole time.  There are a couple different long-distance swimmers that train next to the north side of Ocean Marina breakwater a few days a week, no one has stopped them.

But the condo swimming pool(which I've never seen more than 2 people in), located 30m from that beach, is closed.  Lots o' COVID in unused outdoor swimming pools!

Edited by n8sail
type
  • Like 2