Prayut: 70% of population will be vaccinated by year end

webfact

" by end of 2021" 

Further proof farang won't get a jab by mid 2022 wich is a more realistic target for end of full vaccinations for the Thais first 

If you need to travel OS do it now before the airlines globally will activate no jab no fly in July this year IMO 

6 hours ago, impulse said:

As reluctant as I'd be to take Sinovac, I'd be even more reluctant to take the Thai made AZ.  They're under so much pressure to put something out that there's no telling what they may stoop to.

It's made under license...you don't think AZ has vetted the production process...it's their name (and reputation) on the vial. Another ignorant anti-Thais/Thailand post.

Edited by Pattaya Spotter
  • Sad 2

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Much rests on whether Siam BioScience can come through with the 61 million doses that are due to start becoming available next month. 

And what options does the supreme, invincible, almighty, COVID Czar have when Siam Bioscience fails to deliver?

(asking for a friend)

Edited by Hayduke

29 minutes ago, Trujillo said:

The only place he could have gotten this figure of 70 percent was from the only other big thinker with that grand vision who said it first --  US President Harr...Biden. 

Like exceeding 100 m vaccination goal within 100 days. Damn he even double that. How dare he had such grand vision. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, madmen said:

" by end of 2021" 

Further proof farang won't get a jab by mid 2022 wich is a more realistic target for end of full vaccinations for the Thais first 

If you need to travel OS do it now before the airlines globally will activate no jab no fly in July this year IMO 

There is tons of time if you go by the Muslim calendar, it is now only 1442

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, impulse said:

As reluctant as I'd be to take Sinovac, I'd be even more reluctant to take the Thai made AZ.  They're under so much pressure to put something out that there's no telling what they may stoop to.

Interesting comment and I wonder too how things are progressing over at Siam Bioscience. Seems to be a complete news blackout. The government has put all its money on one horse pretty much. Heaven help us all if it falls!

• Like 1

He totally screw up the response to the pandemic then makes feel good predication that he'll disavow when they aren't met.  The Covid Czar is in Damage Control.

Edited by connda
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, bradiston said:

Interesting comment and I wonder too how things are progressing over at Siam Bioscience. Seems to be a complete news blackout. 

There are reports of tanks full of clean seawater from Jomtien Beach being brought over there, and then being transfered into small vials...

Go wonder what they are doing...

• Like 1

Has anyone seen how many doses of AstraZeneca made by Siam Bioscience are slated to be sent to other countries in the region ?  AZ was setting up this company to supply regional needs, not just for Thailand.

41 minutes ago, Searat7 said:

Has anyone seen how many doses of AstraZeneca made by Siam Bioscience are slated to be sent to other countries in the region ?  AZ was setting up this company to supply regional needs, not just for Thailand.

News articles quote they will make 200million per year and Thailand will get 26million.

The remainder will be exported.

I know that math is not his stronger point and that everything coming out of his mouth is B.S , but would anybody like me want to hear from his own mouth how he got to that 70% and exactly how many people he thinks are living in this country , now that would be a real laugh wouldn't it . 

• Like 1

"Like exceeding 100 m vaccination goal within 100 days. Damn he even double that. How dare he had such grand vision."

The program was on target to hit that in May anyway. Vision to use the vaccine program that President Trump managed to produce in record time, yes, quite a visionary.

That's called, "I bake the bread but you want to eat it. ..."

A vaccine that Biden forgot was even injected into his own arm when he said, "It’s one thing to have the vaccine, which we didn’t have when we came into office...."

Americans know, regardless of political stripes, that the current ability to not only get a vaccine, but to have multiple choices of which kind they want, is not due to the current administration. 

As for Thailand, I honestly don't see vaccinations happening even in the double digits any time soon. And putting the shoe on the other foot, how likely are people who are somewhat fearful going to come to Thailand for holiday when they know that vaccinated people in Thailand are scarcer than hen's teeth?

10 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

I think setting aggressive goals, and then doing everything in your power, and with a singular focus of the entire "government" and military, is called for right now.

However jabbering on about unreasonable goals, and doing very little to work towards those, is more in line with the regime leader.

50 million fully vaccinated by year end sounds like it came from TAT.

Stop talking, make a plan, communicate the plan, execute the plan.

Thank goodness he never had to defend the Kingdom.

The plan is as stated before to start a vaccine roll out in June. First groups to be receiving  have been decided and it has been explained publicly.  

The U.S. has a pretty aggressive vaccination campaign.  I'm sure there was a lot of planning of the rollout the last 6 months of 2020.  It's taken appx. 5 months to get this far.  Israel and the UK are doing well , as are a few others.  Has anyone here been following the rollout planning in Thailand?  (Delivery, storage, administering shots ...) 

U.S. CDC numbers:

image.png.6dba624e8b672c58ca53746c1c393edc.png

From Our World in Data:

image.png.0b81d23918b9f0618d1863648a066b31.png

17 hours ago, ezzra said:

OK I'm first to response and my response is: Fat chance, hog wash, rubbish and a pipe dream, empty statement that were all to before...

Yup he’s full of horse shazer he needs to get the people vaccinated ASAP what a absolutely divvy needs to learn from the uk a country that does not fick about!!!!!!

When over 50% of the population believe Pad Krapao will prevent COVID then it is quite plausable that many will believe that this government will have 70% o the people vaccinated.

Anyone who has lived in Thailand long enough should know that this has around zero chance of happening for a multitude of reasons.