Thailand reports 2,044 new coronavirus cases, 27 new deaths

webfact

4 minutes ago, Swimfan said:

Show me accurate testing daily testing data and how long they are taking to turn around the tests. I have heard up to 4 days. 
given the lack of transparent data any so called positivity rate is just a stab in the dark 

Detailed testing data was posted here earlier, showing testing results in Klong Toey. Some tests were incomplete 2 days after samples were taken. 

Positivity rate was 4%.

4 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

Yep...that looks contained to me...........

Screen Shot 2564-05-08 at 08.28.04.jpg

Didn’t India think they had their second wave contained and then it took of like wildfire thence becoming the third wave 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Detailed testing data was posted here earlier, showing testing results in Klong Toey. Some tests were incomplete 2 days after samples were taken. 

Positivity rate was 4%.

How can you say 4% maybe 50% of the test were still incomplete. You don’t know. 
you are just stabbing in the dark

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Maybe you try to provide information and/or analysis for the readers here, rather than simply trying to opine on every one of my posts. 

I am trying to explain why the current wave seems to be contained, and why the number of cases reported daily don't seem to be indicative of a catastrophe.  The Doomsayers alternate between claiming the epidemic is going out of control to saying that the authorities are lucky because the heat is stopping the epidemic. 

But no analysis of the situation, just assertions. Worthless to the readers here. 

I'm just seeing where you get your information that 5% positiviy rate denote flat growth as its a rather bizarre assertion and misleading. However now I can see you do not have any evidence for it.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

I guess my background in statistical analysis is causing me to write about the numbers in a way you don't understand. 

Let me explain it a different way: if the daily numbers fluctuate in a range, but the average remains the same, that's a random with no growth. 

If there is fluctuation, but the average increases, then that's also a random walk, with growth. It means the positivity rate is increasing. 

If the daily numbers go up every day, so that the average increases, that's an indication of a positivity rate above 5% and is real bad news. 

My , now you are claiming what your background is even more suggests your posts are totally absurd as recognised by many here, and if your background was even partly true your posts would have had a sound technical argument to support them, which they have not. Any way enough of your make believe stories. If there was a file for fairytales you would be in it  as there is not you are now on ignore

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

I think some make the same misinterpretation that India made - interpreting the absence of large numbers as a sign that all is well.  I see from news that the India variant is described as "break out" that can infect people previously infected with the initial wuhan version of virus and this is why it can spread so fast.  I am not surprised because we see this with other virus like cold and flu which can infect people repeatedly.

Thailand is at same  stage India was before explosion, except India was producing 2 million vaccine doses a day, and sadly Thailand  manufactures nothing. India has already vaccinated 200 million+ so there is potential  positive change in future. If Thailand does not get moving on vaccination pronto before big wave hits, then we will see devastation.

Edited by Patong2021