Non-mask wearing foreigner makes national news - sticks his middle finger up and refuses free mask

webfact

1 minute ago, holy cow cm said:

I am the one Yorkshire is trying to be funny about and taking an uneducated rude pot shot at. He or she probably doesn't live in CM as well. My subject and posting was just about exercising and what is the general consensus up here by the ones who do exercise. Judging now by the foreigner in Hang Dong making the news, it looks like we need to be extra careful if we are exercising. He is not creating any Thai love for us..

Let me  see if I can  find the link to a Thai paper which I posted two days  ago clearly stating except when exercising, the mask must be carried with you but for exercicing it's ok to remove it. I  checked the chiang mai forum no mention of exercising just the same wear  a mask outside  comments which as far asi can see is incorrect IF  you are exercising.

HERE'S the  link: states   Provincial officials have mandated mask-wearing in public spaces in nearly all circumstances, with the exception of eating, drinking, or exercising. The mask mandate is now in place in 63 of the 77 Thai provinces

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/thai-courts-getting-tough-on-face-mask-violations?__cf_chl_captcha_tk__=8817668e11d6d8638b5cb27b653ad05d50a249ed-1620278143-0-AQIEkIOXENSe3ZWMZc8TO8gbn6ThG3ODWclqrTBq_I-uPz4Z2DspZcF8_26jCnTapWWZJMkdgnxMq6Lq42XutSLW5ZNZUeDABjzOn_LYuoHsAnwnmyAeFRypysJtlcpk8qV5uJ7LnB77EMPypg_twVCRbXiHZ55oqgOgWIRCTfWSZQ6RBpli7r_zb1ny3usI4jFR4f9Sp7pQ9kSy7BKUjRDEz1yt0wHJa4vDM6VlhW4zqxgKjn6a5xq-UKeOlSdAt_YJ9X4pv3IPn5cc5EqsqtZp_zOI1GZTzg5ISuWqVwcPwwyViaXhzXgKwBu6JkPdvfAr0HPcpUaejgQ7TyNj-y9VI-BTcwoKdv5bgPsLEElxLsgZJHVOaVFQX020Fto8_b7Z8hLpz-5HPsm7HZPBteC-QNJ6TlN6DCsqw0jJxtYcbQFW-Nz9uq3ywQWfa0alZnnSUA993o5W2Oio5gxB1w0StXhEDFZaowgro2cNZL8rFmhXLOczNORhZdQgsW8PNTHsYmVAZA6BMgAVEuVsx0y7DntjNySqSqrUCzbjbls8p9bdb_FG0dso_nUjsdwjZFhmDs5xxaxyI1XjeFhj5hRrud-63JJ6XSqeTlzQAZg-0BXtMQkKUsI8HIZ0VhUN5ewzCx66U29ucqDeV-DyZhsaae2Iw3EBvliXHmTdQgOP0nmaThs50gvTUktNDoXJCQ

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tonray said:

Just what we need for the image of foreigners in Thailand...oh brother. hit him with 6000 baht fine...if he transgresses again....throw him out

Surprised no Thai hit with a baseball bat he deserves it 

• Confused 1

37 minutes ago, MasterBaker said:

i just passed 6 motorbike taxi guys, none of the was wearing and none of them made a national news, i guess you know why

I  just  passed 12  construction workers doing the road, no masks at  all not even under the chin, zilch.

5 minutes ago, Rampant Rabbit said:
44 minutes ago, MasterBaker said:

i just passed 6 motorbike taxi guys, none of the was wearing and none of them made a national news, i guess you know why

I  just  passed 12  construction workers doing the road, no masks at  all not even under the chin, zilch.

OK.  Connect the dots.  WHO is targeted?  Which group of people are being harassed?  Why is this becoming national news?  I've seen tens of people today without masks......I don't even think of telling them anything.  Not my country, and if I tried to protect others I would be attacked.   "hey, put on your mask!!"  "Falang, now i lose face......."    then i'm in trouble.  lol

Once COVID is gone, I'm gone.

I'll let the door hit me on the way out.......

It was fun, a good experience, but enough is enough.  

• Like 1

Let's hope the make an example of him and he won't be so quick to dismiss the Covid rules in the future!

If the hit him with a fine, it will stop his behaviour.

He is just playing into the hands of the anti foreigner brigade and making life difficult for other foreign residents who get tarred with the same brush from a public with the common sense of a herd of buffalo.

Edited by Scouse123
  • Like 2

Just what we need for the image of foreigners in Thailand...oh brother. hit him with 6000 baht fine...if he transgresses again....throw him out

It really does not matter one jot if this Moron is fined or not.

if he gets fined, thats good, but there are so many Foreigners and Thais who are there to replace him.

And no amount of fines against this Guy will alter the perception that many Thais have of Foreigners, or the attitude they will demonstrate at every possible opportunity given to them by these kind of people.

5 minutes ago, scotsdude said:

Take him into a corner and give him a good hiding.... Break his arms and legs then dislocate his jaw.... And cut his balls off for good measure....

Teach him a small lesson.....

Wow,

Great idea and which charm school did you attend?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Kaopad999 said:

"A Norwegian man brutally assaulted a young Thai woman by kicking her severely, twice in the legs, after she mistakenly walked away with his shopping trolley in Ubon Ratchathani" 

Wow what a piece of <deleted>! 

A 30k fine is nothing, The guy should have been deported for doing this .

To be fair, she did steal his trolley.  The "mistakenly" bit depends on whether you believe it was a mistake.

Her story is a bit convoluted. Thought it was her mother's shopping etc

4 hours ago, Kaopad999 said:

What a selfish individual. Hope he is fined & made to make a public apology for his dangerous behavior. 

Put him in the Bangkok Hilton for a week, add a 20,000 fine and then send him on his way back to where he came from, i.e. his home country.

I am not wanting to come across as being pi$$ weak of course, however I believe the punishment is worthy for this piece of $hit.

When you know everything is a scam and are surrounded by idiots, the only sensible course of action is blending with the idiots around. Otherwise you are another idiot like our "hero" here. He deserves a fine for being such an IDIOT.

The whole nine would seem to be in order here. 6K for the fine, 14K for being a bleeding moron. And ejection should be compulsory. This guy's on tape.

3 hours ago, Ventenio said:

YES!!!  Let's go a step further.  Hate the falang.

Fine 100,000 baht.  Deport family.  If mental issues, put in gulag.  No food for 3 weeks.  No water, 10 months!!!!  

If from xxxxx country, deport all from that country!!!!!

Put him in a cell with 10,000 people who hate him!!!

all for not wearing a mask.  

imagine if he slept with a prostitute, which is ILLEGAL!!!!

lol

Some people, certain posters on TV, need to grow up!

• Like 2

He dosent represent the majority of foreigners in Thailand 

I feel very very fortunate to be able to stay in this beautiful country w my Thai family!

arrest him

fine him and then send him back from whence he came ASAP! 
black list those actions! 

I don’t understand why the police are still trying to find him. There’s a photo of a policeman appearing to film the guy there and then. Maybe he didn’t want to arrest him in case he got violent, but he could follow him surely.

I couldn't agree more, but I would go further. Fine him the maximum 20000 and deport him immediately, but don't forget to give the arrogant c**t  a couple of smacks in the mouth as well. Farang's like him give us all a bad reputation.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

Although his behaviour is bad, there is some understanding. If Thailand treats the foreigners as unwanted, why should the foreigner than follow the rules... I believe some people think like that, but they don't understand that these exceptions gives a bad name to ALL foreigners

"Although his behaviour is bad, there is some understanding.".  You are of course having a joke.  Personaly, I believe he has deliberately disrespected the laws of Thailand and should be deported forthwith.