Non-mask wearing foreigner makes national news - sticks his middle finger up and refuses free mask

webfact

30 minutes ago, natway09 said:

I have forgotten to stick my mask on & would cop a 6,000Bht fine

Also would be grateful when someone gave me a mask

When asked to wear a mask & the middle finger is given time to spend a bit of time in 

to chill out in the slammer witha 30,000 Bht fine

The guy is a goose or unbalanced, Thailand needs neither

yeah Thailand has plenty in government ????

Rule 1: For all foreign people...this is not your country

there are other rules but remember this one first.

When you're dead, you don't know you're dead, the pain is felt by others. Same when you're stupid.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Eindhoven said:

Okay, I admit that I thought that he might have been an American. ☺️

German with an expired visa. Surprised, as I would expect them to be sticklers to rules.

The Chinese media are already on to it.

Kraut, and don't come back..

6 hours ago, tonray said:

Just what we need for the image of foreigners in Thailand...oh brother. hit him with 6000 baht fine...if he transgresses again....throw him out

Yeah not smart but did you see the people riding their scooter without helmets getting pulled over?  No.  Double standards.

Throw that ( fill in the blank______) out of the country...no hesitation. It is hard enough for farang here without <deleted> like this from some jerk. It is time for some other farang to give this disrespectful idiot a good old fashion butt whooping. Farang need to step up and do some self-policing. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bobydog said:

Yeah not smart but did you see the people riding their scooter without helmets getting pulled over?  No.  Double standards.

How does riding without a helmet risk spreading disease ?

• Haha 2

i can’t understand if they are looking for someone then why blur out the face ,?

the other night on channel 34 they were looking gor a missing woman but put up a photo of her with blacked out eyes - what’s the point - 

but the serious side to this is the blatant disrespect of this guy to break the rules & laws of another country rules effects every one of us , it’s one thing if you forget , but to be offered a mask and refuse thus going against rules of law deserves a fine...  and visa check 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, lanng khao said:

German with an expired visa. Surprised, as I would expect them to be sticklers to rules.

The Chinese media are already on to it.

OMG... German!!!!!!

I was sure German!!!!

and on overstay.....................OMG  OMG  OMG.... this will send falang back 10-years

or to the stone age......................  i can't go out anymore......  OMG OMG..   

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3

The punishment for such a transgression is to surround him with 12 infected people, cough on him for 1 minute, put him in quarantine until he develops Covid and then deny him treatment. 

1 hour ago, Eindhoven said:

How I post it doesn't  really  matter , what does is that people  understand that not wearing a  mask whislt exercising is  permitted, many don't seem to know this  at  all.

3 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Fortunately the vast majority of Thai’s are not the idiots some on this forum like to state. I’m sure you will be treated with equal respect and indifference Thai’s treat each other on a daily basis, particularly when you comply with the expected social norms and mores. 

The issue with news such as this is that some official somewhere will start believing then can prevent such behaviour with policy, usually a knee-jerk policy, i.e. Banning Farang's at the Market or something equally dumb which will garner outrage but is ultimately borne of such news.

People who behave like these arrogant selfish idiots definitely can make life difficult for others of similar appearance, but it is fortunate that the vast majority of Thai’s are still extremely forgiving. 

Maybe that will happen then we got those idiot foreigners who don't wish to conform to blame for it not the Thais.

We are foreigners we don't ge the same leeway as Thais. In BKK I see more foreigners without masks then Thais. The Thais that i see without masks are those of the lower social standing. Motorcycle taxi guys (understandable out all day having to wear a mask will drive anyone mad). Not sure why foreigners who in general don't have to be out all day can't just wear a mask for a short time.

I hate the masks and it keeps me from going out too much. But even for a short walk with the dog on empty streets i wear a mask. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Gold Star said:

I don't pay them to have sex with me.

I pay them to leave.

so you pay them, no sex, and then they leave...

this meets your criteria. you should be happy, you paid them to leave.....

bro, i gotta sell you a bridge!!!!!

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Bobydog said:

Why double standards, police can police one thing not an other its all about priorities. The priorities might be wrong but its not double standards. 

Anyway i see people getting fined for no helmet often in BKK. 

2 minutes ago, Ventenio said:

OMG... German!!!!!!

I was sure German!!!!

and on overstay.....................OMG  OMG  OMG.... this will send falang back 10-years

or to the stone age......................  i can't go out anymore......  OMG OMG..   

How did you manage to quote my post with someone else's name to it?? That takes some skill...for no good reason. 

6 hours ago, tonray said:

Just what we need for the image of foreigners in Thailand...oh brother. hit him with 6000 baht fine...if he transgresses again....throw him out

no. Hit him with 20k straight away, and if he refuses to pay then deport him

4 minutes ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

How I post it doesn't  really  matter , what does is that people  understand that not wearing a  mask whislt exercising is  permitted, many don't seem to know this  at  all.

Yes, it does. No one needs to click on unnecessary Tracking links because you cannot be bothered to post a link without them.

Smoking is permitted. But that doesn't mean that we should all go out and blow smoke in each others faces. Wear a mask in populated areas rather than being a pedant.

Just now, Eindhoven said:

Yes, it does. No one needs to click on unnecessary Tracking links because you cannot be bothered to post a link without them.

Smoking is permitted. But that doesn't mean that we should all go out and blow smoke in each others faces. Wear a mask in populated areas rather than being a pedant.

No ones  discussing populated areas except you, it's  about many saying you MUST wear a  mask even when exercising which simply  isn't  true. As for the other  comment....whose being  pedantic.

Obviously disgusting behaviour and no way for any decent person to act. There are rules in place to deal with this so just give him a 6k fine

Why the majority here are amping up the penalties one can only assume is due to his nationality.

Do those wanting extreme punishment also believe that rule should apply for Thai's, as I stopped counting at 30 Thai's yesterday in Surat not wearing masks including the moron who was telling everyone to sign in at the door at Central festival. Apparantly if you are Thai, masks dont matter but signing in a book does

Everyone should wear masks as covid does not care where you are from. Those who don't should all be treated with the same loathing

Just now, Rampant Rabbit said:

No ones  discussing populated areas except you, it's  about many saying you MUST wear a  mask even when exercising which simply  isn't  true. As for the other  comment....whose being  pedantic.

If I am discussing it, then someone is discussing it. Not unlike your obsession with exercising...which is of course complete nonsense. As anyone out for a walk can say that they are exercising and therefore don't need to wear a mask. 

They don't even appear to have masks with them for when they stop exercising; so stop making up silly excuses for them.

Just childish stupidity on their part.

Just now, Eindhoven said:

If I am discussing it, then someone is discussing it. Not unlike your obsession with exercising...which is of course complete nonsense. As anyone out for a walk can say that they are exercising and therefore don't need to wear a mask. 

They don't even appear to have masks with them for when they stop exercising; so stop making up silly excuses for them.

Just childish stupidity on their part.

I  am making no excuses for anyone, I am clearly  pointing out the rules for mask wearing, keep  banging on if  youl  like  i'll  leave you to it.