Non-mask wearing foreigner makes national news - sticks his middle finger up and refuses free mask

webfact

11 hours ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

Because a  mask is  not needed  whilst exercising and quite what that has to do with anything I don't   know.

Where did it says " a mask is not needed whilst exercising  "?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ventenio said:

OK.  Connect the dots.  WHO is targeted?  Which group of people are being harassed?  Why is this becoming national news?  I've seen tens of people today without masks......I don't even think of telling them anything.  Not my country, and if I tried to protect others I would be attacked.   "hey, put on your mask!!"  "Falang, now i lose face......."    then i'm in trouble.  lol

Once COVID is gone, I'm gone.

I'll let the door hit me on the way out.......

It was fun, a good experience, but enough is enough.  

Don’t expect Covid to ever be “gone”. Thanks to the C.C.P. and others, we’re probably stuck with it forever. Have to learn to live with it and get our freedom back. 
We have to get immunity. And there are only two ways.

1. Get Covid, and recover and get over it. Then you will have acquired immunity.

2. Get fully vaccinated, and then you will have immunity. 
    We could mention herd immunity. But that’s if we get enough people sick with Covid and recover, and if we also get enough people vaccinated. 
  I’ve actually heard of some people going out and intentionally trying to catch Covid and get sick and recover just to get past this thing.

That might be a good idea if you’re young and no underlying health issues. Go ahead if you like.   Something like a 99.7 % recovery rate or something.  Just stay away from others until you’re over it and not infectious anymore. 
   But better not try that if you’re 80 years old with diabetes or obesity or a heart condition. Your chances of surviving it are much, much worse. 

• Confused 2

8 minutes ago, tom223 said:

Deport him. Undesirable scum giving all falang a bad name. It's not as if wearing a mask is a big ask, is it?

It depends. In many places, there are medical exemptions for people with certain medical conditions. Like me. I had quadruple cardiac bypass surgery. CABG x 4.   Now on four daily medications. Two of which result in phlegm buildup in my lungs which I have to cough out all the time. And I require a Salbutamol (Albuterol) Bronchodilator inhaler.

Wearing a mask actually causes me more of a problem. A few minutes, okay. But the longer I keep it on, the dizzier and more short of breath I get  rebreathing some of my own exhaled hot breath. 
Yes, it is a “...big ask...” for me. And for others with certain medical conditions. 
  I ask mask pushers to please leave us alone and have some respect. 

• Confused 1

12 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

Although his behaviour is bad, there is some understanding. If Thailand treats the foreigners as unwanted, why should the foreigner than follow the rules... I believe some people think like that, but they don't understand that these exceptions gives a bad name to ALL foreigners

If you don't like how the Thai's treat you then don't go to or live in Thailand live somewhere else

3 minutes ago, Catoni said:

It depends. In many places, there are medical exemptions for people with certain medical conditions. Like me. I had quadruple cardiac bypass surgery. CABG x 4.   Now on four daily medications. Two of which result in phlegm buildup in my lungs which I have to cough out all the time. And I require a Salbutamol (Albuterol) Bronchodilator inhaler.

Wearing a mask actually causes me more of a problem. A few minutes, okay. But the longer I keep it on, the dizzier and more short of breath I get  rebreathing some of my own exhaled hot breath. 
Yes, it is a “...big ask...” for me. And for others with certain medical conditions. 
  I ask mask pushers to please leave us alone and have some respect. 

Pathetic. How would anyone know of your ailment? It's up to you to let people know; not up to the people to guess that you are special.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

43 minutes ago, Freigeist365 said:

Exactly what us expats need at the moment... Perhaps an "agent" installed by the Thai health minister to prove his point, that all of us "Farangs" are dirty, smelly and filthy subhumans?

He did say that he has had foreign friends....

5 hours ago, EricTh said:

Not wearing a helmet will only get the rider hurt but not others.

Not wearing a mask will get others hurt by infecting others.

Of course during the virus incubation period, everybody will not think they have the virus , that's how the virus can spread so fast.

Can’t stop the virus.  Only slow it down and delay the inevitable. 
  We get the virus and recover and get immunity that way, or we get vaccinated. 
    Anybody who thinks we can stop it, needs to sit down and think some more. If government tells you we need to wear masks to stop the virus, they are lying to you. 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Every Thai on my timeline: no mask doing whatever they please

One farrang guy: no mask front page of the biggest national news 

yet some of you guys still think that sucking up to them is gonna save you in the long run ????

4 minutes ago, Eindhoven said:

Pathetic. How would anyone know of your ailment? It's up to you to let people know; not up to the people to guess that you are special.

Hey...great idea. I’ll get a big sign I can wear when I go out without a mask. It’ll light up stating I have a medical exemption so everyone can see me coming down the street and will know of my ailment. 
   Gee.....why didn’t I think of that before?  
Or would just a megaphone be enough..... “Here I come everyone, I have a medical exemption. Listen everyone, I have a valid medical reason for not wearing a mask”. Nice and loud. 
   Would that do?  
Pathetic..... so you think that since you’re still nice and healthy ....everyone else must be also.  So you’re going to be a little tyrant and get in their face... “PUT ON YOUR MASK!  POLICE.... POLICE....HE’S NOT WEARING A MASK” 
 So you’re so special. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

13 hours ago, Ventenio said:

Bad FALANG news, again!!!!!!!!!

I think we will see BAD Falang every day now........ONLY BAD.

The tide has turned falangs..........we have already turned on ourselves.  Falangs hate falangs.  Thai hate falangs.   

Now time Falang you go home!!!!!!!!  lol

a. Don't you think this guy deserves being called out for his bad behavior?

b. Blame him for the farang-caused part of the anti-farang sentiment. No point complaining about that behavior of some Thais, when one guy pulled a stunt like this and justified it.

My advice to you is jai yen yen, stick with the good people you meet & don't take the mean ones personal.

1 hour ago, daftdada said:

"common sense" dictates a mask is not needed while exercising.

... bacterial pneumonia anyone?

Been there done that 5 trips to the hospital for intravenous injections to clear it up 

22 minutes ago, Mr Dome said:

a. Don't you think this guy deserves being called out for his bad behavior?

b. Blame him for the farang-caused part of the anti-farang sentiment. No point complaining about that behavior of some Thais, when one guy pulled a stunt like this and justified it.

a. pretty much every Thai is doing anything they want while not wearing a mask why have they singled out this guy to put on the front page of the largest national newspaper if there is no racism involved?

b. how do we cause the anti-farang sentiment? basically what you are saying is that a few people act like idiots and that we should all accept persecution because of their actions? we don't tar them all with the same brush, why are you justifying them doing it to us? 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

What a complete knob head this ignorant foreigner is.

He is a guest in Thailand and his attitude is to act like a prize <deleted> by his behaviour.

Double his fine and if he still refuses to wear a mask ..... boot his <deleted> out of Thailand.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, tonray said:

Just what we need for the image of foreigners in Thailand...oh brother. hit him with 6000 baht fine...if he transgresses again....throw him out

I would just deport him and blacklist him.  I would not even bother giving him a second chance since he is obviously not even trying to abide by regulations.

13 hours ago, Ventenio said:

I have Thailand ELITE Visa, do you?

I've also invested over 30 million in the economy.

I thank you for wanting me deported!!!!  This is step 1, falang deport falang.  

enjoy you day!!!! thanks for being positive during this time!!! lol

Ohhh....same me..!

Do you have the Mercedes EQS as well?????

????????

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Well thanks to this fella eh, for causing us even more grief from the locals. You really have to be seriously stupid to think you can wander about without a mask in the current environment. Yes, find him, fine him and beat some sense into him at the same time please.

"for causing us EVEN MORE GRIEF from the locals." kindly share with me what "grief" you are currently experiencing from "the locals" bc i dont know what you mean.

• Confused 1

22 hours ago, tonray said:

Just what we need for the image of foreigners in Thailand...oh brother. hit him with 6000 baht fine...if he transgresses again....throw him out

His attitude is a reflection on how Thailand looks at us wanting to be vaccinated same as the Thai people. I have never gone outside my room without wearing my mask correctly, but I agree with his attitude towards Thailand 100% ????

22 hours ago, tonray said:

• Sad 3