Retirement visa in Thailand

I will retire from UN in July and want to apply for non O retirement visa. Can I do this in Thailand without leaving the country? I contacted an agency but they said they cannot help me. I now have a non immigrant F visa and stay permit but those will be cancelled soon. Obviously I am reluctant to travel right now. 

• Sad 1

You cannot change from a non-f to a non-o visa without leaving the country.

You should be able to apply for a one year extension based upon retirement when your current extension is canceled.

You will need 800k baht in a Thai bank for 2 months on the day you do the application or proof of 65k baht income.

• Thanks 1

There seems to be an inherent contradiction in saying on the one hand that you cannot change an non-F to a Non-o visa without leaving the country but on the other hand I am able to extend my stay  after cancellation of my stay permit by one year as retirement. Please note that my current stamp says: stay permit: permitted to stay in Thailand etc. etc. It doesnt say "extension". 

12 minutes ago, Marc Proksch said:

There seems to be an inherent contradiction in saying on the one hand that you cannot change an non-F to a Non-o visa without leaving the country but on the other hand I am able to extend my stay  after cancellation of my stay permit by one year as retirement.

Visas and a permit to stay are different. A visa only allows a entry to the country and allows you to get a permit to stay in the country. Then you can extend that stay.

13 minutes ago, Marc Proksch said:

Please note that my current stamp says: stay permit: permitted to stay in Thailand etc. etc. It doesnt say "extension".

Just different wording on the stamp done by immigration.

Mine says this. image.png.3810f328b8fd325f87c5410de1883e1a.png