From winner to loser: Thailand’s downhill battle with COVID

webfact

This is going to be a good fictional novel...

purposely infect bad person, throw him in the market, arrest him, blame his country, attack!!!!!

i'm surprised this hasn't been done more often........99% of sheep will say, "OMG, what a horrible person!!!!  attack!!!!"

hold on, someone's at my door with free hugs.....  lol   

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

with 5 deaths per mln still far behind champions with 2500.

But this wave will last another 4-6 months, so tens of thousands can perish.

The indian mutation is responsible for 30% infections in Malaysia, so it must be already in southern thailand.

it the PBS preparing ground for yet another military coup? 

playing against this government they are preparing for the new one. And it won't be the opposition one, yet

Edited by internationalism

23 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

So then tell me how it ended up finally reaching all 77 provinces, if there was not a spread from Bangkok and it stayed in Bangkok.  I think you have finally lost the plot.  The Bangkok clusters just kept growing as people came and left and then carried it elsewhere.  The clusters are now expanding to cover other areas in Bangkok and they are way behind the curve because of a lack of testing and Random testing in Areas they have not seen cases yet, however, they are now testing on the outside of the clusters starting today from several reports I have seen and heard.

I am not saying there was no spread from Bangkok, just that it wasn’t a big spread.  Most of the new infections have remained in Bangkok.

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Danderman123 said:

I am not saying there was no spread from Bangkok, just that it wasn’t a big spread.  Most of the new infections have remained in Bangkok.

To be fair we simply don't know what the spread is or will be like.............fingers crossed it will be contained in the multitude of small Issan villages which is where most poor Bangkokiinas will have travelled for Songkran.

1 minute ago, Surelynot said:

To be fair we simply don't know what the spread is or will be like.............fingers crossed it will be contained in the multitude of small Issan villages which is where most poor Bangkokiinas will have travelled for Songkran.

Songkran was a long time ago.

We are not seeing any big wave of infections in the villages.

1 minute ago, LomSak27 said:

he Chinese government gave the order for all tourists to return, and inflow was stopped

Single biggest factor I feel........Prayut was all for allowing travel to continue unabated 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

And with the population of Bangkok actually housing over 1/6th of Thailand's population that surprises you how?  Population density is where the issues are and why testing more here is needed.

11 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I am really fed up with these bad attitude articles like "From winner to loser"

Loser? Thailand has currently 336 Covid death. Not 336 thousand. 336!

The USA has even now more Covid death per day than Thailand since the beginning of the crisis.

What do people expect? No Covid cases at all? Get real! The situation in Thailand is very good compared to many other countries, including those countries that pretend to be the first world.

Yes, Thailand is not perfect. But a lot better than many other countries and at least I am happy that I am here and not "back home".

I do agree with you that relatively speaking, Thailand is not doing badly even compare with neighbouring Malaysia who has imposed MCO for KL and JB to corral the daily infection rising cases. They registered 3,788 new infections just last Friday. Thailand infection cases has kind of remained steady but deaths are of grave concern. India is just sad. However, the government did dropped the ball when they allow Songkran travelling to proceed, didn't tightened the immigration that allowed other variants to slip in and didn't impose strict rules on clubs.  Thailand is still better but we certainly not out of the woods and need lots of self discipline to mitigate the spread. 

42 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

The scary thing is 'we' are currently battling just the UK variant.........with the Brazilian, South African and Indian variants knocking at the door.......yikes.....????

The variants don't need to knock they just slip through the cracks literally (as can be seen in Oz hotel quarantine) and I think the idea of airborne transmission is starting to catch on if you'll pardon the intentional pun there.If the virus is able to slip through the cracks of doors and aircon ducts what other cracks and gaps is the virus slipping through?Only one guess allowed.

• Haha 1

The way it looks by how they are acting is it is simply collateral damage in order to get to a point having a certain lab supplier here that saves the day. Wasn't it said just before Songkran - Que Sera Sera, Whatever Will Be Will Be? Or am I mixing up the correct saying? Anyway I like the Doris Day song. My folks used to sing it - When I was just a little boy.

Just now, internationalism said:

according Ch3 News the government urges temples to pray special sutra every day, until virus is gone.

That's how dramatic things look like from the government poit of view.

They have failed and expect worse in the near future

I wonder if they also sing Que Sera Sera as a chorus.