Is the Banglamung sorting office open again?

Guderian

I read that it had been closed due to a Covid outbreak, and I haven't received any mail for over a week. A parcel from the UK has just arrived in Bangkok and should be delivered here early next week, but I'm wondering if the local sorting office is open or not? If it's not, will Thai Post deliver the parcel from the Sri Racha or Chonburi sorting offices, or just let it pile up with all the other mail stuck in Banglamung?

45 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I saw a couple of postal workers out on their bikes loaded up with bags on Wednesday, when I was out, which suggests they are working.

That sounds positive, thanks. Normally, I'd see a postie around our village most days, but not once this last week.

8 minutes ago, Guderian said:

That sounds positive, thanks. Normally, I'd see a postie around our village most days, but not once this last week.

They aren't getting round very often that is for sure... I would often hear them coming up my cul-de-sac in the past, as there are 2 other homes and mine. I didn't get mail for a couple of weeks and have not seen them in my street since 

• Like 1

Had a delivery for 1st time in 2/3 weeks yesterday. A dozen or more local mail. I stay East Pattaya (Khao Noi). The mail delivery has been good over the last few years, after a lengthy period of hit and miss.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ivor bigun said:

Been checking my ems from uk ,22 april left uk ,nothing since .

That doesn't sound very promising. Mine was posted in the UK on April 30th and arrived at the Sri Racha sorting office this morning. From there it usually goes back up to Chonburi (why?), then comes down to Banglamung. I'm hopeful for a Wednesday delivery.

On 5/10/2021 at 4:30 PM, Guderian said:

That doesn't sound very promising. Mine was posted in the UK on April 30th and arrived at the Sri Racha sorting office this morning. From there it usually goes back up to Chonburi (why?), then comes down to Banglamung. I'm hopeful for a Wednesday delivery.

Just checked ems,its arrived in Bangkok,one hell of a long flight took nearly a month,came by carrior pidgin i reckon????

• Haha 1