Can you refuse a lazada delivered to you at door?

problemfarang

Can i reject the box, parcel etc. i ordered from lazada if its broken or else?

Example; you ordered a mirror with a cash on delivery option, when they come to your door, you check it and then see its broken or likewise.. Delivery guys see that too because you do that in front of them. Can you reject it and give back to lazada courier? And do no payment at all.. or if yes, do i have to pay for the delivery only which is like 20-30 baht?

When i searched google i saw yes i can on some forms but they are really old ones like from 2016.. so i was wondering if something changed.

thanks?

Just now, CharlieH said:

You can refuse the delivery, yes, but you cannot inspect its contents etc, at that point you have accepted the delivery and have to go through the claim/ return/refund procedure.

thanks. So this or that way i have to take the item and check at home and if its broken need to do refund thing. Because there is no way i cannot know its ok or not without open and look inside. Its something electronic. its a dash cam mirror, i really scare it will broken or else.. 

thanks

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, problemfarang said:

thanks. So this or that way i have to take the item and check at home and if its broken need to do refund thing. Because there is no way i cannot know its ok or not without open and look inside. Its something electronic. its a dash cam mirror, i really scare it will broken or else.. 

thanks

I ordered a dashcam mirror for 700 baht from a seller who's initials began with TTBSS.

At that price it was a lot cheaper than other sellers but it had plenty of good reviews so I took the chance.

Upon unpacking , the item was not the same as the one advertised , included no rear cam and everything was in Chinese with no language option. It then broke within 5 minutes of being turned on so no picture at all. I complained but was ignored.

I then downloaded a free app onto my smartphone ( Autoboy Blackbok ) and this works perfectly and cost nothing since I already had a clamp to attached it to my windscreen and plug my phone into the cigarette lighter for power.

• Like 1
  • Confused 5

1 minute ago, Crossy said:

If the package is obviously damaged (been run over or something) then just reject it as damaged.

The drivers don't want to wait whilst you inspect the contents, they have way too many drops to do.

If you're worried then have someone video you opening the package so it's obvious it was damaged on arrival, you can upload that with your return / refund request.

The Lazada return / refund process actually works pretty well.

thanks

15 minutes ago, problemfarang said:

thanks

The delivery boy only does delivery and he doesn't represent the seller. If you find anything wrong with the product, you can ask for refund from seller.

Whether it's caused by the delivery boy or by the seller, the seller will investigate.

There are many intermediate stops in the delivery process. Some of these products even come from China.

Edited by EricTh

3 minutes ago, Denim said:

I ordered a dashcam mirror for 700 baht from a seller who's initials began with TTBSS.

At that price it was a lot cheaper than other sellers but it had plenty of good reviews so I took the chance.

Upon unpacking , the item was not the same as the one advertised , included no rear cam and everything was in Chinese with no language option. It then broke within 5 minutes of being turned on so no picture at all. I complained but was ignored.

I then downloaded a free app onto my smartphone ( Autoboy Blackbok ) and this works perfectly and cost nothing since I already had a clamp to attached it to my windscreen and plug my phone into the cigarette lighter for power.

i ordered this one: EKLEVA 12 Inch Touch Car DVR 2K 1440P Mirror Dash Cam Auto Recorder Dual Lens 1080P Waterproof Rear Camera Car Video Recorder RearView Mirror Registrar Super Night Vision

its 4000 baht. But funny part is i cannot find this mirror on EKLEVA official website... they have similar ones but all with android. mine is not. and there is no Specification Model: CMC46-LEFT 

well they are on the way and will be here in 2 hours.. we will see.. i ordered lot things from china all kinda stuff, never had any problem so far.

Edited by problemfarang

4 minutes ago, Denim said:

How long ago was this?

Did you go through the (largely automated) return process?

I've returned a few things and got my Kerry return label immediately.

• Like 1

Just now, EricTh said:

The delivery boy only does delivery and he doesn't represent the seller. If you find anything wrong with the product, you can ask for refund from seller.

Whether it's caused by the delivery boy or by the seller, the seller will investigate.

There are many intermediate stops in the delivery process. Some of these products even come from China.

yep mine is from china. took a week

5 minutes ago, EricTh said:

The delivery boy don't even know what is inside the box.

True, and often things are packed deliberately to conceal what the actual item is, example a mobile phone sent in a shoe size box.

Very late, or change of mind, is the usual refusal of delivery. Obvious damage, crushed box etc as mentioned above.

But once it changes hands, its then procedure as outlined above.

4 minutes ago, problemfarang said:

yep mine is from china. took a week

I've ordered a few things like USB hub and camera selfie stick from Lazada. All came without any problems. 

Some of these products came from China.

if you are afraid of refund issues, it is best to buy from local shops.

But I find local shops can also be quite irresponsible when it comes to refund.

The battery I bought has a problem and Powerbuy refused to refund back to me and instead asked me to send back via mail.

Edited by EricTh
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Crossy said:

How long ago was this?

Did you go through the (largely automated) return process?

I've returned a few things and got my Kerry return label immediately.

About 2 years ago.

I didn't bother returning as it didn't cost much so I stripped it down myself looking for a loose connection. I reassembled it , and it worked for a day or 2 then died again so I just junked it. Don't need one now as I use my smartphone.

This was the only time I have received a defective item from Lazada. My other 50 or so items have been good but nowadays I shy away from electrical goods.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, problemfarang said:

im pretty sure there will be no problem but just wanted to know... thanks a lot guys.

Out of all the hundreds of products I have bought online, none have arrived broken. Packing I have found to be very well done. Least of my worries.

• Like 1

A year or so back the wife at my request ordered an electric (battery) grass trimmer via Lazada, cash on delivery. Something around 2,500 baht I think. A week or so later she gets a call from the gent that does the local deliveries. We order a lot online and he knows us (and our two Labs that always bark at him). He tells the wife he has delivered several of these items and all have had battery problems and been returned. (Don't ask me how he knows.) Asks if she still want to accept and pay for the item or reject it. She had a quick word with me and told him we would reject. We never saw it, nor signed any paperwork. But didn't waste our money either.

On things that have been delivered we once ordered four salt and pepper grinders with glass cases. Arrived without any protective packing and in a large plastic envelope. Two made it unbroken but both of those have subsequently died in operation. The great majority of items we buy online is okay.

I have only returned one item to Lazada which was a couple of years ago.

The item wasn’t as described and the instructions were in Chinese.

The process was easy, a prepaid postage label was downloaded and I was quickly credited with the purchase price.

20 hours ago, Denim said:

There are a number of similar apps most also have a paid option. However the picture quality is not as good as if you just use your phone on video.

Your phone might get a bit warm so if you can blow the air con on to it.

I actually keep one of those dashboard clamps in the car incase my dash cam fails when I am out…

Associated with Lazada but not the subject of this thread, a couple of times the delivery boys have reported (seen on the package tracking) that we were unable to take delivery when in fact they hadn't bothered to try. I guess on their app they don't have an option of 'Couldn't be bothered to deliver' to tick. Easier to do things the Thai way and always blame someone else.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jobsworth said:

So why then can Aliexpress take 3 months or more?

dont know. but tbh all of my lazada orders from chine arrives in 2 weeks max. Never seen 3 weeks. Actually im thinking now and this car rear mirror with cam and all arrived in 10 days. 

3 hours ago, BoganInParasite said:

A year or so back the wife at my request ordered an electric (battery) grass trimmer via Lazada, cash on delivery. Something around 2,500 baht I think. A week or so later she gets a call from the gent that does the local deliveries. We order a lot online and he knows us (and our two Labs that always bark at him). He tells the wife he has delivered several of these items and all have had battery problems and been returned. (Don't ask me how he knows.) Asks if she still want to accept and pay for the item or reject it. She had a quick word with me and told him we would reject. We never saw it, nor signed any paperwork. But didn't waste our money either.

On things that have been delivered we once ordered four salt and pepper grinders with glass cases. Arrived without any protective packing and in a large plastic envelope. Two made it unbroken but both of those have subsequently died in operation. The great majority of items we buy online is okay.

delivery people dont and cannot know whats inside. Yes, many things goes x-ray but i think at the station so delivery ppl cannot see it. Unless, someone from the office tells them whats inside its another thing. In your case probably the guy who x-rayed it told him its a fragile and to be careful, if he knows you good as you said maybe he asked whats inside just because of your friendship and warned you. Although its still strange one lol 

23 hours ago, EricTh said:

Most come from China.

31 minutes ago, problemfarang said:

delivery people dont and cannot know whats inside. Yes, many things goes x-ray but i think at the station so delivery ppl cannot see it. Unless, someone from the office tells them whats inside its another thing. In your case probably the guy who x-rayed it told him its a fragile and to be careful, if he knows you good as you said maybe he asked whats inside just because of your friendship and warned you. Although its still strange one lol 

Well aren't you a know it all. On a COD delivery there is accompanying documentation telling you what is being delivered and the funds to be collected. Suggest you engage a brain gear before typing anything next time son.

• Like 2