Thai-British Cooperation on COVID-19 Vaccination

webfact

tna.jpg

BANGKOK, May 7 (TNA) – Thailand and the United Kingdom confirmed cooperation on COVID-19 control and investment at bilateral and multilateral levels.

Both countries expressed the stance during a meeting of Prime Minister and Defence Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha and Brian John Davidson, outgoing British ambassador to Thailand.

They exchanged useful views on mutual economic opportunities, especially those to rehabilitate economies after the COVID-19 crisis.

Full story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-691614

tnalogo.jpg
  • Like 1

is ambassador asking for vax for expats done in the embassy?

or prayuth asking for a large donation to the vax program, similar what the australian government gave a few days ago? Or vax donation, as china did with 500k sinovac, which will be partly distributed to brits?

Edited by internationalism
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, RotBenz8888 said:

Love that Ikea furniture. 

But nicely painted.

In a society obsessed with status, appearances are the epistemological underpinning.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Some say that there are pictures of the Ambassador hilarious with tears of laughter when reporting to his colleagues Uncle Tu's views on economic opportunities !

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Thought only women sat with heir ankles crossed, hands like that, channeling Lady Di ?

Yet another pose for the cameras with probably sod all actually achieved.

Ha ha ha! Funny you should say that.

31 minutes ago, RobMuir said:

I wonder if he thanked the British Ambassador for the B1.1.7 strain which is making up 98% of cases in Thailand currently?

I would expect so, they've done nothing but kiss Chinas ass since the virus emerged.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, internationalism said:

is ambassador asking for vax for expats done in the embassy?

or prayuth asking for a large donation to the vax program, similar what the australian government gave a few days ago? Or vax donation, as china did with 500k sinovac, which will be partly distributed to brits?

The 3 million Ozzie donated already carved up and property portfolios topped up. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, ukrules said:
43 minutes ago, RobMuir said:

I wonder if he thanked the British Ambassador for the B1.1.7 strain which is making up 98% of cases in Thailand currently?

I would expect so, they've done nothing but kiss Chinas ass since the virus emerged.

A bit odd to see the phrase 'British Ambassador' and 'kiss Chinas ass' together here.

48 minutes ago, mark131v said:

Bloody hell, the hard of thinking are out in force today, for your information the UK strain was named after the place it was first recognised due to the Stirling work carried out in the UK at the forefront of science

#thickasfu...

In the UK it is known as the "Kent Strain"

The scientists did a good job back tracing it to there and it is now beyond any reasonable doubt that it mutated there in September of 2020.

You wouldn't be from the UK by any chance would you?

So on the day I went to a private hospital , Bangkok Christian ' and it was taking registration for covid vaccine  but I was told that Government says private hospitals cannot let foreigners register yet ! Mr Davison needs to get his out out his ass and speak some home truths!  Unbelievable meeting 

17 minutes ago, mark131v said:

Kent isn't that the closest English county to mainland Europe excluding the Channel Islands? 

I realised that the B117 variant was highly contagious.

But I didn't realise that it could jump across the sea like that.

You had better go and let your scientists know. 

• Confused 3
  • Sad 2

18 minutes ago, mark131v said:

Aaahh, I see I am conversing with an expert on virology so will have to bow to your knowledge but as a layman it does appear to have managed to jump across many oceans all the way from China...

Yes.

So the Kent B117 strain didn't originate in the UK?

But you are sure the original originated in China?

Being a bit selective I see. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, RobMuir said:

Yes.

Everybody  knows it came from Farangland just ask any Thais, ask any Chinese and it came from frozen food.

6 minutes ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

Everybody  knows it came from Farangland just ask any Thais, ask any Chinese and it came from frozen food.

It is widely reported as the "UK strain" in Thai news daily.

The Thais are really struggling with it now. 

More than twice as many have died from B117 in the last six weeks than the previous 15 months.

Still not even close to the horrific numbers that came out of the UK from it.

Let's hope it fades soon.

10 minutes ago, RobMuir said:

Yes.

Not selective at all it is common knowledge that Covid 19 originated in China and most consensus is that the pandemic started in Wuhan specifically the wet market, there you go...

Where Did the Covid-19 Coronavirus Come From? Wuhan? Bats? Food Market? - Bloomberg

Where did covid-19 come from? | The Economist

• Like 1