Thai-British Cooperation on COVID-19 Vaccination

webfact

18 hours ago, colinneil said:

At least the so called ambassador managed a suit and tie this time, but brown shoes with a blue suit, good gawd how standards have dropped, ambassadors used to be properly dressed, not now.

He should have worn ambassadorial full dress uniform with a cocked hat and, of course, spit and polished black shoes or riding boots. 

But sadly the pathetic brown shoes are in keeping with Britain’s lack of influence in the world today and the shameful sale of the embassy.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Retiredandhappyhere said:

A few days ago, I wrote to the British Ambassador to Thailand (Brian Davidson) pointing out the racism involved in Thailand's decision to leave expats to the end of the queue when it comes to vaccinations and requesting him to register a strong protest with the Thai Government and Health authorities.   To his credit, he immediately replied, saying that he would be doing so.

I assume that this meeting was his opportunity to raise the matter.

To be fair he would not have reported that to the media as it would have been counterproductive to make Uncle Th lose more face.  Hopefully other ambassadors are passing the same message. 

The Thai government attitude to foreign residents over vaccinations is the ugly side of the Thai smile: racism and selfishness at its worst. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Perhaps his husband said, "You're going where wearing those shoes?"

"To visit the Thai prime minister."

"Oh, that's OK then. He has no idea either."

His husband? Is he gay?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Neeranam said:
18 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Perhaps his husband said, "You're going where wearing those shoes?"

"To visit the Thai prime minister."

"Oh, that's OK then. He has no idea either."

His husband? Is he gay?

Yes. I thought I posted a link earlier. Perhaps it didn't post? I didn't check.

Here it is:  https://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/04/world/asia/us-diplomats-same-sex-marriage-causes-stir-in-china.html

18 hours ago, mark131v said:

Bloody hell, the hard of thinking are out in force today, for your information the UK strain was named after the place it was first recognised due to the Stirling work carried out in the UK at the forefront of science

Sterling.

Stirling is the town where I lived.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Grusa said:
18 hours ago, mark131v said:

Bloody hell, the hard of thinking are out in force today, for your information the UK strain was named after the place it was first recognised due to the Stirling work carried out in the UK at the forefront of science

Sterling.

Stirling is the town where I lived.

I thought Stirling was a type of moss?

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, RobMuir said:

I wonder if he thanked the British Ambassador for the B1.1.7 strain which is making up 98% of cases in Thailand currently?

Do you think Thailand thanked China for Wuhan flu.

also the B1.1.7 strain was first discovered in Britain, does not mean that is where it originated. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bluedoc said:

Do you think Thailand thanked China for Wuhan flu.

also the B1.1.7 strain was first discovered in Britain, does not mean that is where it originated. 

Just because it was first discovered in Wuhan does not mean that is where it originated.

Scientists have back traced the B117 variant now and it is beyond reasonable doubt it mutated in the UK and has now spread across the globe.

I listen to scientists and the science. 

Pretty sure cov-19 originated in Wuhan. And B117 originated in the UK. Zero credible scientific evidence to suggest either originated anywhere else.

On 5/7/2021 at 8:34 AM, colinneil said:

At least the so called ambassador managed a suit and tie this time, but brown shoes with a blue suit, good gawd how standards have dropped, ambassadors used to be properly dressed, not now.

One always wears brown shoes old chap its a very old fashioned sign of status, especially by ex army. UK army officers wear brown shoes when in uniform the erks wear black shoes.. He was probably an officer or comes from a 'reputable family' with a history of service. Translated into civilian life it means that he is superior to the common plebs.

14 hours ago, RobU said:

One always wears brown shoes old chap its a very old fashioned sign of status, especially by ex army. UK army officers wear brown shoes when in uniform the erks wear black shoes.. He was probably an officer or comes from a 'reputable family' with a history of service. Translated into civilian life it means that he is superior to the common plebs.

Never was  in the British armed forces, the nearest he got to any fighting machine was in an official capacity on board HMS Daring.

See here

https://www.gov.uk/government/people/brian-davidson#:~:text=Brian Davidson has been British Ambassador to Thailand since June 2016.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Davidson

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/7/2021 at 2:34 PM, colinneil said:

His black ones are in the cleaners

• Haha 1

On 5/7/2021 at 6:13 PM, Patanawet said:

Did Thailand thank UK for vaccinating EVERYONE in England INCLUDING ALL THAIS for free?

Nowhere near "everyone" has been vaccinated in the UK.   

Has it been officially confirmed that foreigners in Thailand will not get the vaccination free of charge?    Not speculation, not hearsay, but definitive confirmation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Has it been officially confirmed that foreigners in Thailand will not get the vaccination free of charge?    Not speculation, not hearsay, but definitive confirmation.

Not quite true. British staff at the Embassy together with all British staff at the British Council were confirmed last week as having had the vaccination.  It was of no cost to the individuals whom were lucky to have received it, unlike the rest of us Brits.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Excel said:
1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Not quite true. British staff at the Embassy together with all British staff at the British Council were confirmed last week as having had the vaccination.  It was of no cost to the individuals whom were lucky to have received it, unlike the rest of us Brits.

What exactly is "not quite true"?

Nowhere near everyone has been vaccinated in the UK is a fact.    The second part of my comment was a question, how can that be "not quite true"?   It has not been officially confirmed by anyone that foreigners will have to pay when their turn comes.   That is also a fact.

I made no comment about Embassy staff and what happened there is irrelevant to my point about vaccinations in the UK.

• Confused 1

Wait till we start charging thais 300 baht for tourism revenue on entry ????

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Nowhere near everyone has been vaccinated in the UK is a fact.    The second part of my comment was a question, how can that be "not quite true"?   It has not been officially confirmed by anyone that foreigners will have to pay when their turn comes.   That is also a fact.

I made no comment about Embassy staff and what happened there is irrelevant to my point about vaccinations in the UK.

Oh dear another attempting to deny what they wrote and dislike being pulled up about it.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/7/2021 at 2:26 PM, RobMuir said:

I wonder if he thanked the British Ambassador for the B1.1.7 strain which is making up 98% of cases in Thailand currently?

Probably  as  much as  he  thanked the Chinese for the original.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

People vaccinated

First dose total

35,188,981Value: 35188981 — Abstract information: Total number of people who have received the first dose of COVID-19 vaccine, reported up to Friday, 7 May 2021.
Click for additional details.

Second dose total

17,214,436Value: 17214436 — Abstract information: Total number of people who have received the second dose of COVID-19 vaccine, reported up to Friday, 7 May 2021.

Vaccinations given

Total

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

People vaccinated

First dose total

35,188,981Value: 35188981 — Abstract information: Total number of people who have received the first dose of COVID-19 vaccine, reported up to Friday, 7 May 2021.

Second dose total

17,214,436Value: 17214436 — Abstract information: Total number of people who have received the second dose of COVID-19 vaccine, reported up to Friday, 7 May 2021.

Vaccinations given

Total

"Vaccinations given"

My comment related to the number of people vaccinated , not the number of physical vaccinations!    You don't add together the first and second dose numbers, they're the same people!   If I get the first dose, I'm one person, when I get the second dose I'm still that one person, I don't become two people.

If 17,214,436 people have had the second dose, that means that 17,214,436 people have been fully vaccinated out of a population of 68,000,000, i.e. nowhere near "everyone" as Patanawet claimed in his post.   Just as I said.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Excel said:
2 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Expand  

Oh dear another attempting to deny what they wrote and dislike being pulled up about it.

This what Patanawet posted..."Did Thailand thank UK for vaccinating EVERYONE in England INCLUDING ALL THAIS for free?"

I responded to Patanawet that "the UK has not vaccinated anywhere near everyone".  That is accurate and not a denial of anything.  I am quite happy to be pulled up if I am wrong but, in this case, I am not.

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"Vaccinations given"

My comment related to the number of people vaccinated , not the number of physical vaccinations!    You don't add together the first and second dose numbers, they're the same people!   If I get the first dose, I'm one person, when I get the second dose I'm still that one person, I don't become two people.

If 17,214,436 people have had the second dose, that means that 17,214,436 people have been fully vaccinated out of a population of 68,000,000, i.e. nowhere near "everyone" as Patanawet claimed in his post.   Just as I said.

I haven't said  anything I just posted up the info for ALL to see, stop  making assumptions.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1