Thai-British Cooperation on COVID-19 Vaccination

webfact

On 5/7/2021 at 3:55 PM, RobMuir said:

In the UK it is known as the "Kent Strain"

The scientists did a good job back tracing it to there and it is now beyond any reasonable doubt that it mutated there in September of 2020.

There's absolutely no evidence that the strain originated in Kent, only that it was first identified there.

As stated in the article linked to below:

"It is not even clear that it originated in the UK; it might simply have been spotted here first, because Britain’s viral gene sequencing efforts are relatively advanced."

Variant B117: What we know

If you have any source providing evidence that contradicts the above, and proves it originated in Kent, perhaps you'd like to present that to us.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/7/2021 at 7:01 PM, RobMuir said:

Not sure but the vaccines came too late for the 46 Thai nationals who died from Covid in the UK in part due to people refusing to wear a mask or socially isolate.

As opposed to not a single UK expat or tourist dying in Thailand.

Untrue - there's at least one expat (a UK national) who died of Covid, in Hua Hin just over a week ago.

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1215573-elderly-british-expat-dies-of-covid-19-in-hua-hin/

There may be others but I haven't been reading the reports in detail every day.

Edited by GroveHillWanderer

On 5/7/2021 at 2:34 PM, colinneil said:

At least the so called ambassador managed a suit and tie this time, but brown shoes with a blue suit, good gawd how standards have dropped, ambassadors used to be properly dressed, not now.

Good observation.  Maybe they are John Lobbs's which run about 75,000 b a pair.  ????

• Like 1

11 hours ago, soalbundy said:

Which would account for his poor dress taste but at least he didn't wear chequered trousers with a Hawaiiern shirt.

Or a feather boa.

11 hours ago, soalbundy said:

Edited by roo860
  • Haha 1

On 5/8/2021 at 3:59 PM, RobU said:

One always wears brown shoes old chap its a very old fashioned sign of status, especially by ex army. UK army officers wear brown shoes when in uniform the erks wear black shoes.. He was probably an officer or comes from a 'reputable family' with a history of service. Translated into civilian life it means that he is superior to the common plebs.

Depends on your Regiment - mine wore black shoes, Scottish regiments wear black brogues, the RAF wear black (with plastic soles, I suppose they go well with those extraordinary polyester zip up bomber jackets they affect - remarkable!)

Brown (suede) shoes are acceptable with light coloured suits or slacks and sports jackets. Otherwise black, always , especially if you are going to wear a blue suit - otherwise you may well be mistaken for a postman!

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

Depends on your Regiment - mine wore black shoes, Scottish regiments wear black brogues, the RAF wear black (with plastic soles, I suppose they go well with those extraordinary polyester zip up bomber jackets they affect - remarkable!)

Brown (suede) shoes are acceptable with light coloured suits or slacks and sports jackets. Otherwise black, always , especially if you are going to wear a blue suit - otherwise you may well be mistaken for a postman!

I agree it is mainly the senior regiments where officers wear brown shoes. I have known ex army officers who affect brown shoes with everything because that is what they wore in their regiment

On 5/7/2021 at 8:34 AM, colinneil said:

At least the so called ambassador managed a suit and tie this time, but brown shoes with a blue suit, good gawd how standards have dropped, ambassadors used to be properly dressed, not now.

Brown in town, preposterous!!! 

21 hours ago, Rampant Rabbit said:
21 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"Vaccinations given"

My comment related to the number of people vaccinated , not the number of physical vaccinations!    You don't add together the first and second dose numbers, they're the same people!   If I get the first dose, I'm one person, when I get the second dose I'm still that one person, I don't become two people.

If 17,214,436 people have had the second dose, that means that 17,214,436 people have been fully vaccinated out of a population of 68,000,000, i.e. nowhere near "everyone" as Patanawet claimed in his post.   Just as I said.

Expand  

I haven't said  anything I just posted up the info for ALL to see, stop  making assumptions.

You posted a comment with false totaled figures under your name which kind of suggests that my presumption, not assumption, that you were in agreement with the statistics was reasonable.  

21 hours ago, Rampant Rabbit said:
21 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"Vaccinations given"

My comment related to the number of people vaccinated , not the number of physical vaccinations!    You don't add together the first and second dose numbers, they're the same people!   If I get the first dose, I'm one person, when I get the second dose I'm still that one person, I don't become two people.

If 17,214,436 people have had the second dose, that means that 17,214,436 people have been fully vaccinated out of a population of 68,000,000, i.e. nowhere near "everyone" as Patanawet claimed in his post.   Just as I said.

Expand  

I haven't said  anything I just posted up the info for ALL to see, stop  making assumptions.

Without reading it properly first, perhaps you should not blindly assume that what you post under your name is accurate.

2 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

You posted a comment with false totaled figures under your name which kind of suggests that my presumption, not assumption, that you were in agreement with the statistics was reasonable.  

Whatever  you say, you seem to be obsessed  by those  figures.  Sure  seems  like you  have a bee  in your  bonnet over them.

Edited by Rampant Rabbit
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Rampant Rabbit said:
3 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Whatever  you say, you seem to be obsessed  by those  figures.  Sure  seems  like you  have a bee  in your  bonnet over them.

Well, as you brought up the inaccurate statistics, not me, perhaps the bee's in your bonnet as all I'm doing is responding to the  comments you initiated!

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Sad 1