Thailand expects up to 20 million doses of Pfizer vaccine from July

webfact

19 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Meh.

Still no agreement with Pfizer so these words are useless. Actually worse than useless as they are confusing.

More details by dep-govt spokesperson 
@ttraisuree
: She says 
@pfizer
 will deliver their #COVID19 vaccine “in Q4/21” (Anutin said “Q3 or Q4”) and they’ll only seek authorization with 
@fdathai
 once a deal has been reached and will talk only with the govt, private sector later.

He needs to keep quiet until he has some real news.

This from USA news on MSN

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/pfizer-lifts-covid-19-vaccine-production-targets-for-2021-2022/ar-BB1guf6l?li=BBnb7Kz

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/pfizer-seeks-full-fda-approval-for-covid-19-vaccine-beyond-current-emergency-use/ar-BB1gsMS7

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, riclag said:

Good news ! There is hope ! Worst case scenario ,it will come during the fourth quarter !

Sinavac isn't a option for my family, especially when it comes to travel !

Absolutely can’t travel with inferior Chinese vaccine

1 hour ago, elgenon said:

Like the purchase of millions of SinoVac and AstraZenaca? Gosh I think Thais will be over vaxxed. 555

I take it you are saying they will be oversupplied, in that case they can start giving them to the Soi dogs, nothing wasted.

20 hours ago, Surelynot said:

That really is a totally unacceptable statement......so unprofessional.

10 to 20 million......????

Second half of the year......????

Nothing like leaving your options open.

Remind us, how reliable has the AZ delivery schedule been.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, xtof2 said:

"Pfizer is coming," health minister Anutin Charnvirankul posted on his Facebook page.... and

"I am leaving".

Oh no, sorry, I am just dreaming 

So is Christmas!

Christmas is coming. The goose is getting fat
Please put a 1,000 baht in a nut in’s hat.
If you haven’t got a 1,000 baht, a 500 note will do.
If you haven’t got a 500 note, then get out of the country to get your vaccine, you dirty farang!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, mackayae said:

Pfizer Inc.’s chief executive said that low- and middle-income countries had opted not to order the company’s Covid-19 shot,
“We reached out to all nations asking them to place orders so we could allocate doses for them,” Chief Executive Officer Albert Bourla said in a letter addressed to Pfizer employees. “In reality, the high-income countries reserved most of the doses. I became personally concerned with that and I reached out to many heads of middle/low-income countries by letter, phone and even text to urge them to reserve doses because the supply was limited.”

With an economy 20% based on tourism and the country needing to be vaccinated before it could re-open to tourists, Thailand should have been first in line.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Surelynot said:

That really is a totally unacceptable statement......so unprofessional.

10 to 20 million......????

Second half of the year......????

Nothing like leaving your options open.

We already have sinovac. What’s your problem??

• Haha 1

I suggest the next headline should be: Thailand Covid free

Because eventually there won't be any Covid cases anymore. Will it happen anytime soon? No. But the headline would look nice and eventually, maybe in 10 years, it might happen.

On the other hand maybe whoever put this article here should next time think twice about confusing and misleading headlines. 

• Like 1

Just now, ShindenGo said:

We already have sinovac. What’s your problem??

One it is not widely approved, many nations are not approving it...why?

Two do we have anywhere near 140 million doses?

Sinovac is being given to Thailand as an experiment whilst China uses Sinopharm for its own people.....

• Thanks 1

Sinovac is being given to Thailand as an experiment whilst China uses Sinopharm for its own people.....

Now why am we not surprised Chinas Guinee pigs  But one shot get one free more like it

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, sandyf said:

Remind us, how reliable has the AZ delivery schedule been.

Starting June 7th, right on schedule, according to one of my Thai friends who has an appointment and confirmed that it would be AZ, not Sinovac.

• Thanks 1

"Thailand expects 10-20 million doses of Pfizer vaccine"...yeah, and if I am living in LOS as an expat under the circumstances, I would expect getting kicked to to curb no matter how many doses of vaccine they get. The best solution for expats in LOS ???Maintain a strong natural immune system as best as you can; i.e. eat right, take vitamin and mineral supplements, exercise/don't  be FAT, and get good rest. Bottom line expats; YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN. And if you expect the same or special treatment as a Thai national, then wake up/grow up and accept this reality or move back to your home country.