At 1.2% Thailand ranks sixth in ASEAN for population inoculation

webfact

ประชาชนฉีดวัคซีน-COVID-19..jpg

File photo

Thailand ranks sixth among ASEAN’s 10 member countries for COVID-19 vaccination of their population, at 1.2%, with over 1.6 million doses being administered, according to the Ministry of Higher Education, Science, Research and Innovation.

More than 1.16 million vaccinations were the first dose, while the second jab account for over 434,000 doses to date. 49.5% of all the doses administered in Thailand were to medical personnel, according to data released by the ministry yesterday (Thursday).

All ASEAN countries have inoculated at least some of their population, as follows:

1. Singapore: 2,213,888 doses (19.5% of its population), Vaccines: Pfizer and Moderna
  2. Cambodia: 2,4608,983 doses (7.7% of its population), Vaccine: Sinopharm
  3. Indonesia: 21,313,654 doses (3.9% of its population), Vaccine: Sinovac
  4. Malaysia: 1,624,272 doses (2.5% of its population) Pfizer and Sinovac
  5. Laos 345,818 doses (2.3% of its population) Vaccine: Sinopharm
  6. Thailand: 1,601,838 doses (1.2% of its population), Vaccines: Sinovac and AstraZeneca
  7. Brunei: 10,715 doses (1.2% of its population) Vaccine: AstraZeneca
  8. Myanmar: 1,040,000 doses (1% of its population) Vaccine: AstraZeneca
  9. Philippines: 2,129,185 doses (1% of its population) Vaccines: Sinovac and AstraZeneca
  10. Vietnam: 585,539 doses (0.3% of its population) Vaccine: AstraZeneca

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/at-1-2-thailand-ranks-sixth-in-asean-for-population-inoculation/

Logo-top-.png

• Like 1

14 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

I'm thinking the same as Australia, New Zealand and Thailand. Cases were all very low so vaccinations were not a priority as the rest of the World needed the limited supply more? 

Result is that countries that achieved the most success in preventing the virus are now amongst the least vaccinated countries in the World...

That's it. Impressive though it is -- and probably the right thing to do-- the issue being, when things open up, unless you are totally vaccinated, these places are going to hurt for a long time.

9 minutes ago, simon43 said:

Well, the stats are wrong for Laos.  I had an AZ jab last week and others have received Sinopharm and/or Sputnik V, according to their age/medical status.

I just read an article that said Thailand was behind Laos, Cambodia and Myanmar....

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

Lots of 'half empty' posters here. I would rather be in Thailand than any other country at the moment. 

But that's changing rapidly.  The US is doing a great job with the jabs.  Places are opening up.  But domestic travel is going bonkers...tough time to travel there.

And in the US, easy to get a jab.  And then not have to worry about ending up in an ICU with a tube jammed down your throat.  That's a constant concern here.  Sucks.

• Like 1

On 5/7/2021 at 2:12 PM, Sheryl said:

inexcusable. Not even in the top half.

With the sole-source AZ manufacturer for the whole of ASEAN sitting in their own country at that. 

17 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

I get the feeling Thailand's position will drop lower when the other countries that ordered vaccines first get their deliveries sooner

Definitely, the ones who signed up and paid for the COVAX program.  There will be delays with the India waves.

17 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

I just read an article that said Thailand was behind Laos, Cambodia and Myanmar....

Agree with your post Jeffr2, it's not long ago when some report was published that Myanmar had vaccinated over 6% of its population despite all the troubles, 

Thailand the Hub  of low vaccination... 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

The Hub of "excuses".

10 minutes ago, Soikhaonoiken said:

Thailand the Hub  of low vaccination... 

Soon to be positively spun as "The Hub of the one percenters!"

• Haha 1

Numbers, numbers, numbers. True or not true. The illusion of fact, supported by data from dubious sources, increases my mistrust of the numbers flying across the screen. If it's on the internet, it must be true. ????????????

• Haha 1