Thapae Walking Street -- ONE WAY

Trujillo

Thapae Walking Street road, aka Rachadamnoen Street, is now one way

Thanks the gods that someone in government is a genius. Don't you hate streets that go both ways? I know I sure do.

Why on earth someone would want to come down the same street they just went up is beyond me. 

And parking in the middle of the road? Brilliant! 

And what is that sliver of road to the left, you ask? A BIKE PATH, of course. And yes, it's only one lane too, so up you go with your bicycle (built for two, I hope) and then have your private van awaiting you at the far end to pick you up and take you to our private helipad and back to Sardinia. 

Hopefully, this is just the beginning of bright ideas. Anyone have any guesses what's next? 

404147069_Taepaionewaystreet.thumb.jpg.69fc3fcec5a8e4e605481b109afcb557.jpg

• Haha 2

When I rode up the street today, there already was a truck parked, blocking the bike lane.

This works very well right now, as it's almost deserted. But God help us if it's still in place when tourists are back. It will be total chaos.

• Like 1

I thought they were spaces to keep your distance from filthy diseased covid grandpas....

Thai selling moo ping in one space---empty space with gal holding sanitizer-covid grandpa in next space hitting on the sanitizer gal :)--space---fruit shake lady

• Confused 1

• 1 month later...