“Nobody is safe until everyone is safe” – all people in Thailand eligible for COVID-19 vaccine

snoop1130

vaccine-for-both-Thais-and-foreigners-in-Thailand.jpg

Bangkok, 07 May, 2021 – The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) is pleased to reiterate the assurance from the Ministry of Public Health (MOPH) that all people in Thailand, including foreigners regardless of nationality, are eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine.

According to Dr. Opas Kankawinpong, Director-General of the MOPH Disease Control Department, the government’s policy is to achieve herd immunity of about 70% of the population – or 50 million people, based on estimates of 67 million Thais and 3 million foreign residents.

“Nobody is safe until everyone is safe,” said Dr. Opas. “Vaccines will be provided for anybody living in Thailand, whether they be Thai or foreigners, if they want the vaccine, they can get it. Rest assured that Thailand’s mass vaccination programme will follow the international practices of public health.”

The government plans to obtain 100 million doses by the end of this year, sufficient to vaccinate 50 million people with two doses each. More vaccination centres will be open, in addition to the services provided at public and private hospitals, in time for the country’s mass vaccination rollout, which is scheduled to begin in June.

Thailand ordered 61 million doses of the AstraZeneca vaccine to be locally produced and delivered between June and December. From Sinovac, Thailand received 2.5 million doses between late February and April and will receive 3.5 million more doses this month. From other suppliers, the government plans to obtain 37 million doses to be delivered within this year.

The government expects the nationwide vaccine rollout to complete within four to seven months, or between September and December 2021.

The mass vaccination programme for anybody living in Thailand will allow the country to reopen safety to international tourists.

Phuket will be the first to lift quarantine for vaccinated foreign tourists from July onwards, followed by Krabi, Phang Nga, Surat Thani (Ko Samui), Chon Buri (Pattaya) and Chiang Mai from October.

This means 70% of the population in these areas, including residents, workers in tourism-related businesses, and migrant workers, must be vaccinated to safely achieve herd immunity against COVID-19 before the reopening timeline.

Source: https://www.tatnews.org/2021/05/nobody-is-safe-until-everyone-is-safe-all-people-in-thailand-eligible-for-covid-19-vaccine/

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

The government plans to obtain 100 million doses by the end of this year,

So, I don't see much happening a far as an open country until next year.

Who will come with infections of the locals causing shutdowns, closures and nothing to do?

They say July.  Does not make sense...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

So, I don't see much happening a far as an open country until next year.

Who will come with infections of the locals causing shutdowns, closures and nothing to do?

They say July.  Does not make sense...

Can add 6 months to those dates in the real world. 

40 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

Phuket will be the first to lift quarantine for vaccinated foreign tourists from July onwards,

what happen to local visitors like people coming from nearby provinces (Phang Nga,  Krabi, Ranong, people that were/are in Phi Phi, Lanta, etc.,) how will they screen, that is going to be fun to watch  ????????????

Edited by Mavideol

45 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

Thailand ordered 61 million doses of the AstraZeneca vaccine to be locally produced and delivered between June and December.

Even Az has had problems to manufacture they own vaccine. How Thailand think they haddle it like in good movie! And if start to come more problems (like blood clot's) what is they back up plan? Yes they dont have one! Only what they can do is shoot Chinese vaccine to all especially in farang's arms!

Edited by 2 is 1
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, zzzzz said:

Phuket has apx 460,000 registered Thai's, another 75,000 migrants, another 40,000 Farnags

to get 70% they need  805,000 doses,

so far in like a month have given shots to about 90,000

7 weeks will July 1st>> 
will they make it??

TAT doesn't use calculations the same way we do, they have special calculators made in China and the result/end is always what they estimated, thus by July 1st you should expect to see a post,  from them/TAT,  claiming that Phuket has reached herd immunity ????????????

now the foreign ministry gave their view in this ever twisting story.

The Thai government will provide Covid-19 vaccines for foreigners living and working in Thailand by June, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs said on Friday."

tomorrow will they deny everything?

https://www.thaienquirer.com/27237/vaccines-to-be-extended-to-resident-foreigners-from-june/

Edited by internationalism
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

TAT doesn't use calculations the same way we do, they have special calculators made in China and the result/end is always what they estimated, thus by July 1st you should expect to see a post,  from them/TAT,  claiming that Phuket has reached herd immunity ????????????

The Chinese calculators have an internal multiplication loop, known as the coefficient of exaggeration.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I am starting to suspect that each little government department operates its own agenda.

Hence we get conflicting information about many things but particularly over covid and vaccines.

If I had to guess it seems if a department head dislikes foreigners we get one message.

If a department head recognizes the need for or indeed likes foreigners we get another.

Unfortunately for us it would appear the guy in charge of health in Thailand does not like us.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Swiss1960 said:

First of all, a statement from TAT about vaccination is absolutely worthless, even within CCSA, they flip-flop about dates, vaccine availability, foreigners and vaccines and nothing is granted until it has been done (DONE, not promised, not even in writing...)

Second, the daily flip-flop-messages about opening or not, restrictions by province, district, city and sometimes even single sois are so confusing, that I really think, most messages are not worth the storage, they must be safed on...

Try this:

47 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

I am starting to suspect that each little government department operates its own agenda.

Hence we get conflicting information about many things but particularly over covid and vaccines.

If I had to guess it seems if a department head dislikes foreigners we get one message.

If a department head recognizes the need for or indeed likes foreigners we get another.

Unfortunately for us it would appear the guy in charge of health in Thailand does not like us.

You can chalk a lot of the confusion and uncertainty up to a dubious and/or misinterpreted recent report in the BKK Post, that then got repeated and echoed elsewhere, including here.

If you listen to what the government has been publicly saying all along back to February, they've consistently and repeatedly said foreign nationals living in Thailand would be included in their government vaccination program... However, it's only been in the past couple days that we're beginning to get many specifics of just how/when that is supposed to happen.

But I'd agree, it would be easy for someone just skimming the recent ThaiVisa headlines to have any entirely opposite understanding.

AZ seems to be the only other option in June right now besides the dreaded china one !   I'm (sixty eight ) and have a appointment  for  June 24 to get examined and vaccinated by one of the village doctors up here in Sakon Nakhon  !

I told my wife to call the village head today,so she visited the doctor he recommended. The doc said make the appointment and see what happens for choices  on what vaccines are being given!

I will decline the China vac if that's all they have !

My wife's family said they are scared to  take the china one!

Good luck with getting the country vaccinated if thats the only choice !

14 hours ago, Mavideol said:

They will claim that 90 million Thais were vaccinated on Phuket alone...

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

“Nobody is safe until everyone is safe,” said Dr. Opas. “Vaccines will be provided for anybody living in Thailand, whether they be Thai or foreigners, if they want the vaccine, they can get it. Rest assured that Thailand’s mass vaccination programme will follow the international practices of public health.

Well we're all here and waiting... and waiting, and waiting, and waiting !!!!

At the moment we're all still in the "nobody is safe bit" !!!

• Like 1