Cant believe how much Ethereum is pumping at the moment.

jack71

3 weeks ago I decided to sell some bitcoin and buy Ethereum. It turned out to be a wise decision. In the last 7 days its up 27.13%. 

Is this all based on the up coming EIP1559 upgrade? 

From what I've read... the real winner will be when the Eth2 upgrade occurs where the network will scale up transactions from 15 to 100,000 transactions a second. This has got to be the real game changer for Ethereum. 

But software upgrades can have bugs/ faults and I still see this as high risk. Everyone remembers what happened with the KriptoKitties issue and the ether price tanked big time. This could easily happen again. 

I think I will try not to sell until Eth2 is live but it will be hard not to if the price goes to 10k beforehand.

What do you think?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

I have 421 Ether tokens

Wow. Thats huge. 

When I staked some on Kraken a verfication message was stated that they will be locked away until Eth2 and that theres no guarantee of its success or of the staked tokens. 

Do you see any risk in staking your ethereum? Staking all of your tokens implies you're extremely confident of getting them back one day. Do you mind if I ask who there staked with? What if you change. your mind and want to take profits? 

What do you estimate to be the price at the time of Ether2 going live?

cheers

It is pretty surreal. I got in at $800 and have been wanting to buy more on a big dip for some time, but the supposedly inevitable big pullback never seems to arrive. Will probably just end up doing a market buy since the runway still seems pretty long from here.

• Like 1

I wish I knew about Ethereum 2.0 when I bought 10 ethers "just for fun" ????

adding 22 ETH more is quite expensive now, so I'm waiting for the price to drop, but if the price won't drop until the 2.0 update then I'll have to swap some non-stakeable coins to ETH.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

I have staked all of my tokens

until Ethereum team release 2.0 update there is no "real" staking, you just gave your tokens to some exchange to play with.

12 minutes ago, fdsa said:

until Ethereum team release 2.0 update there is no "real" staking, you just gave your tokens to some exchange to play with.

I converted my ETH to ETH 2 and started sraking in April. If I loose it somehow oh well, it's all profit from other trades back in time. Here is some more information 

https://ethereum.org/en/eth2/

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, jack71 said:

Wow. Thats huge. 

When I staked some on Kraken a verfication message was stated that they will be locked away until Eth2 and that theres no guarantee of its success or of the staked tokens. 

Do you see any risk in staking your ethereum? Staking all of your tokens implies you're extremely confident of getting them back one day. Do you mind if I ask who there staked with? What if you change. your mind and want to take profits? 

What do you estimate to be the price at the time of Ether2 going live?

cheers

I bought my ETH back in October of 2018 when it was around $100 a coin.  Added as time went. Everything invested now in my crypto wallets is pure profit from cashing in and/converting other cryptos thus trading up. 

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 2

• Yes the latest crypto bullrun is doing us all great in rewards, ETH for several weeks is outperforming BTC which is good but also pushed the network fees up.
  • I have been repositioning into BSC - Binance Smart Chain as the sales from ETH to BNB has extended my rewards.
  • ETH 2.0 was to be delivered in 2015 and I believe that is why Gavin Woods left ETH project to build the DOT - Polkadot platform.
  • So it seems ETH, BSC and DOT are all in competition.... currently ETH is winning by a long shot.
  • I have been in crypto since Aug 2017, started off mining and those miners are still pumping out ETC in another crazy pump that doesn't make sense.
  • wish you all great gains during this bull run
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

I converted my ETH to ETH 2

Please correct me if Im wrong but is this technically correct? I thought there is only 1 ethereum token on the market at the moment? Or are you saying that bc you have staked the tokens then they become Eth2 tokens when Eth2 is live?

I still think its high risk for low return staking them. I don't like the idea of losing control over them

9 hours ago, fdsa said:

When are they saying that Eth2 will go live do you know?

9 hours ago, fdsa said:

I wish I knew about Ethereum 2.0 when I bought 10 ethers "just for fun" ????

adding 22 ETH more is quite expensive now, so I'm waiting for the price to drop, but if the price won't drop until the 2.0 update then I'll have to swap some non-stakeable coins to ETH.

Do you want to buy another 22 to become a validator? Why do you want to do this?

14 hours ago, expatjustice said:

There will be corrections, too.

Pumps without corrections are never healthy.

It's all in the timing.......I could let see what I do........then do the opposite............. you could be rich in no time.

21 minutes ago, jack71 said:

Please correct me if Im wrong but is this technically correct? I thought there is only 1 ethereum token on the market at the moment? Or are you saying that bc you have staked the tokens then they become Eth2 tokens when Eth2 is live?

I still think its high risk for low return staking them. I don't like the idea of losing control over them

https://ethereum.org/en/eth2/

https://forkast.news/ethereum-2-0-eth2-beacon-chain-launch/

To stake the ETH you need to convert it to ETH2.  Yes you loose control over being able to cash it out, but you become part of the chain itself.  A 6% return on the amount I staked is a good return when you think about it, and the ETH/ETH2 can increase that return as it makes more gains.  I have been a HODler for most of the cryptos I have.  I cashed out some bitcoin to help my daughter buy a house and used some for myself while keeping my portfolio going with converting some to other cryptos.  I cashed out all of my Litecoin and converted it to ETH in 2020 after it started to go back up.  When the SEC filed suit against ripple, I converted those 1600 coins to ETH as well. Still waiting on the Spark Airdrop to occur....lol

Whatever happens I will never complain as I am already way ahead in the game, and my regular stock portfolio keeps on moving upwards, but at only a 7 to 8 % annual return instead of a 700 to 1300% increase as the crypto market has.

In all things be safe and never invest more than you can afford to loose, just like investing in a relationship.  Always be prepared to walk away and start again.

Edited by ThailandRyan

11 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

I converted my ETH to ETH 2 and started sraking in April. If I loose it somehow oh well, it's all profit from other trades back in time. Here is some more information 

my bad, I thought staking will start only when ETH2.0 goes live. However it is really possible to stake ETH "1.0" already, but with some limitations:

You won't be able to withdraw your stake until future upgrades are deployed. Withdraws will be available in a miner upgrade following the merge of mainnet with the Beacon Chain. More on the merge

2 hours ago, jack71 said:

I thought there is only 1 ethereum token on the market at the moment?

one "true" Ethereum / ETH, one "also true" Ethereum Classic / ETC, a fresh chinese fake "Ethereum BEP2", and a multitude of obvious scam coins "ETG ETX ETZ IETH" etc.

Do you want to buy another 22 to become a validator? Why do you want to do this?

yes, because I do not want to join a pool i.e. give my tokens to someone.

When are they saying that Eth2 will go live do you know?

no one knows for sure, but developers expect it "somewhere around 2022"

Edited by fdsa

Sold out back around $730/$740 and then again another batch at $178.  Oh well.  If we could know the future this would all be boring.   Interesting that even Eth classic and BCH is looking somewhat parabolic.  

18 hours ago, expatjustice said:

Pumps without corrections are never healthy.

Pumps from 10,000 to 60,000 are SUPER healthy if you sell...........the best type of health.  

i tried to ask Bitcoin, "Bro, are you sick???"  But then after you get super, super, super rich...

do you really care if they are sick?  lol

1 hour ago, Ventenio said:

Pumps from 10,000 to 60,000 are SUPER healthy if you sell...........the best type of health.  

i tried to ask Bitcoin, "Bro, are you sick???"  But then after you get super, super, super rich...

do you really care if they are sick?  lol

Yes but BTC did a hell lot of corrections from 10,000 to 60,000. Even at this exact moment BTC is still in a correction which started 2 weeks ago. So yes, in the case of Bitcoin it's a perfectly healthy pump. And it's not the end of it either. We will see it at 100K very soon.

18 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

It is because of many different things that Ether is climbing.  One reason that has been hinted at are the NFT's being sold, as well as the upgrade, and then the fact that many have gone ahead and staked their Ether to become validators and make some money, while some on certain exchanges will earn a modest 6% to whatever % amount of money in interest.  Then there are those that have placed hedged bets upon it reaching 8k by June 25th, while others have put in hard stops at 5k and 10k.  There is also the adoption of Ethereum by banks, CC's and businesses as part of the DEFI decentralization.  Gas prices for use of the system is also dropping, and their is the potential for what they call a flippening.  Ethereum could skyrocket even higher.  I have 421 Ether tokens, and I bought in when they were very cheap, so for me the sky is the limit........I have staked all of my tokens, and will continue to HODEL, maybe become a billionaire or loose it all.

https://www.buybitcoinworldwide.com/flippening/

https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/04/investing/ethereum-bitcoin-cryptocurrencies/index.html 

Good on you. I thought seriously about buying $5,000 worth in 2015, when it was between $0.65 and $1.00. Oh well.

5 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Good on you. I thought seriously about buying $5,000 worth in 2015, when it was between $0.65 and $1.00. Oh well.

I was in the same boat but instead chose lite coin, which I did invest in and it went from $3 to a high of $420, then down to a low of $35.  Took a loss on that one, as I bought more when it hit the mid$100's, but thankfully the BTC I had purchased propped up those losses and then gave me more.  If I had not had the money, which I deemed disposable and could afford to loose, then I probably would have never gotten into cryptos.  I can thank my dear old granddad and his will for leaving myself and the other grandkids a tidy sum.  Half I put into stocks, the other half into cryptos.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1