New cluster at Lotus Ruam Chok

EricTh

3 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

We live near there and reports from the wife, she says 40 people infected,

too close for comfort.

regards worgeordie

Stay safe, Im going nowhere it was reported in the small tamboon I live 20 cases 

4 hours ago, jeffandgop said:

Reported two days ago...focus on food court and a gold shop as primary infection points.  It does matter to know what is going around you so you can take (additional) precautions.

Yes, there might be still people infected there who haven't shown any symptoms yet so it's better to avoid the place these few days,.

That's very close to where I live. I was planning to go to the Tesco there two days ago but was lazy and did not go. Guess I will just completely bunker down at home for a while. Thank God for Foodpanda!

Well ChipButty's link to CM City Life is a good look for worry info. 9 people at that Lotus and then those 9 people certainly have been in contact with how many oodles more. Seems this is bigger than we think. And this news is a couple of days ago as well. CM total 9 dead and 70 looking to have harsh symptoms.

And so what about the other side of the street with the Rimping store and shopping center? It is only a rock throw away and surely someone who has been to the Lotus was over in that shopping center. Yikes!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

And so what about the other side of the street with the Rimping store and shopping center? It is only a rock throw away and surely someone who has been to the Lotus was over in that shopping center. Yikes!

Probably true, but not necessarily. I live in the area and may venture over to THAT side of the street once a year, whereas I visit the other two malls almost daily. There's no need to go over there when Rimping and Tops, the gym, restaurants, fresh market, night market, and all the banks are on the other side. Lotus suits a different demographic.

4 hours ago, clokwise said:

Probably true, but not necessarily. I live in the area and may venture over to THAT side of the street once a year, whereas I visit the other two malls almost daily. There's no need to go over there when Rimping and Tops, the gym, restaurants, fresh market, night market, and all the banks are on the other side. Lotus suits a different demographic.

People crossing the road between the two almost every time I drive by. Don't you see them?

• Like 2

On 5/9/2021 at 9:02 AM, clokwise said:

This morning I saw some foreigners without their masks drinking and chit-chatting on benches outside the coffee shop in the Rimping area. 

Don't they realize that drinking inside or just outside shops are not allowed? You're supposed to buy the drinks and drink it inside your house/office under closed doors and not out in the open in crowded public places.

They were happily showing their unmasked faces just outside the Bangkok Bank sitting on benches.

I wonder why there are no police there to give them a fine for taking their masks off.

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, EricTh said:

I wonder why there are no police there to give them a fine for taking their masks off

Why no you wonder about that?  Do you really think that is a location that warrants full time police presence?

17 hours ago, EricTh said:

wonder why there are no police there to give them a fine for taking their masks off

Why did you not make a "Citizen's arrest" if it upsets you so much?

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, fangless said:

Why did you not make a "Citizen's arrest" if it upsets you so much?

Why should I make an arrest when it's the police job who are paid to do so. They have the training and manpower to handle this situation.

It doesn't 'upset' me so much like you claimed here, what I am saying is nobody is above the law. Even the Thai PM was fined for not wearing a mask in public.

I'm sure they do this almost everyday flouting the mask wearing and drinking in a crowded public place. 

There are so many people walking near them going to Rimping Mee Chok and surrounding shops everyday. There is a risk of spreading the virus.

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1