I fear that I smell an expat vaccine access loophole in the making

Jingthing

19 minutes ago, Led Lolly Yellow Lolly said:

See my comment here

The authorities will ultimately give up wasting their time on their silly games and doctors will just act on medical need i.e. everyone will be vaccinated for free. Those trying identify exemptions' are in the tiny minority, most officials (and the public) recognise the pan of pandemic.

So you're optimistic. I'm not feeling that at the moment.

• Like 2

As usual there are and will always be variations and localised interpretations. This as always fuels speculation.

Those with Yellow/Blue tabien baan will have no issue with residency proof. Those with Pink ID cards same, as would those with long term rental agreements. All of the above verify residency etc to Immigration, so its reasonable to assume they would/could apply those same rules.

Being "legally here" and being classed as "resident" are not necessarily the same. You can bs legally here on a 30 day stamp, but in that event you are unlikely to have any of the afore-mentioned items.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

People don't come to Thailand for vaccine tourism. Setting up any barriers to people that are here to get access is just wrong.

What "barriers" have been established ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

What "barriers" have been established ?

I suspect we are going to have to prove legal residence and it's my strong suspicion at this point in time that their rules are probably going to explode many expats that shouldn't be excluded. We shall see.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

None.

Sorry that you don't understand my concern. They are clearly going to limit this to legal residents yet we don't know what the definition of legal resident is or what documents they will require.

Concern my mention of the proposal for an group embassy site where it was specifically mentioned that UNDEFINED documents would be needed from either our embassies or provincial public health authorities. That makes no sense! Again our passports show whether we are here legally or not.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I suspect we are going to have to prove legal residence and it's my strong suspicion at this point in time that their rules are probably going to explode many expats that shouldn't be excluded. We shall see.

Just as many currently do under the various visa extensions. The items listed previously cover most scenarios. Those here legitimately I woukd suggest will have no issue.

Perhaps you are looking for problems where none currently exist, and until they do, its really quite pointless, IMHO.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1