Experience at CW on 5/5/2021

Was your work permit alone accepted as proof of income for any of the previous years extensions ?

For Extension of Non-Imm O based on Marriage the requirement has always been to prove 400,000 baht, seasoned for 2 months.

Immigration require the Bank Book updated that day showing no drop in funds below 400,000 baht for the past 2 months at least. A letter from the Bank (statement of funds) updated to at least the day before. 

The rules are clear.

You need 400,000 baht seasoned in a Thai account for 2 months at least (if applying based on marriage).

Or, you need 400,000 baht in a Thai account on the day (if applying based on a parent of a Thai child).

If you are struggling to meet the requirements maybe an agent can help ?

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

To answer some of the questions.

Yes, I have used income from work permit for the last 8 years. They have always accepted it in the past.

We never had enough in savings to meet the 400k in bank option. I know that is way easier.

Had to sink all savings into our company to stay afloat and keep the WP active. We are in the events business. So, since early 2020, nothing.

3 hours ago, EvilDrSomkid said:

Yes, I have used income from work permit for the last 8 years. They have always accepted it in the past.

We never had enough in savings to meet the 400k in bank option. I know that is way easier.

Had to sink all savings into our company to stay afloat and keep the WP active. We are in the events business. So, since early 2020, nothing.

While we have our own company we have found it far easier not to apply for my annual visa through the company/ work permit but via support Thai wife 400k.

Long shot maybe worth considering, but could you and the wife apply for a short term bank loan to get the 400k, apply and get visa extension, then pay back bank plus the interest?

4 hours ago, EvilDrSomkid said:

Another option would be to use an agent to get a 1 year Non-O Volunteer visa. They charge 40-50k THB. 

Either that or find someone (the bank) to lend you 400k til you get the extension. 

Or in the worst worst case scenario apply 60 days COVID extensions, until you figure out another way.

10 hours ago, OJAS said:

Have you considered the possibility of applying for permanent residency status and/or Thai citizenship in the longer term?

Well, yeah. I have seriously thought about applying for citizenship. My country finally allows dual citizenship. But if they reject my 10th application, I have a snowballs chance for that. I have read about the process for citizenship. They ask any question they want, come and dig into the smallest detail. Getting an extension of stay is a cakewalk compared to that. Besides that, my wife is so angry she is about to go nuclear on them. Told her to chill, but you know. I'm not chill about it this time either.

Like I said, this year is not like before. Oh, your business went down the drain? We don't care. I understand they have to follow orders, but come on. All those tourist people that got stuck because of lockdowns? They got lots of understanding. Us that have been here for a long time and done all they can to be legal? Nah. Go and die.

No matter whether you are right or wrong, that IO should show some respect and mind her manners when speaking to you, if she showed that attitude to me, I would retaliate in the same manner she showed me.

What I am saying here is not just talk, I have proved that on two occasions so far. Don't be afraid to stick up for yourself, but also, never be abusive to them.

Although a small minority of IOs can have a hostile attitude towards people, I don't think any of them will actually be abusive towards anyone.

Edited by possum1931

20 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

No matter whether you are right or wrong, that IO should show some respect and mind her manners when speaking to you, if she showed that attitude to me, I would retaliate in the same manner she showed me.

What I am saying here is not just talk, I have proved that on two occasions so far. Don't be afraid to stick up for yourself, but also, never be abusive to them.

Although a small minority of IOs can have a hostile attitude towards people, I don't think any of them will actually be abusive towards anyone.

It was false politeness she showed. Luckily she was not the one who directly handled our case, but she was walking around in the morning looking at everybody's paperwork.

She uses a shrill and penetrating voice that is just slightly louder than necessary. She does not speak like to her colleagues.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EvilDrSomkid said:

It was false politeness she showed. Luckily she was not the one who directly handled our case, but she was walking around in the morning looking at everybody's paperwork.

She uses a shrill and penetrating voice that is just slightly louder than necessary. She does not speak like to her colleagues.

There's a similar lady at MTT. Looks and talks like a bulldog barking orders. Treats everyone like schoolchildren.

Over 40 years plus I've never had a problem with Thai immigration concerning a number of different visa categories and related extensions. It appears from this thread that may be about to change....

Just get yourself a good immigration Visa agent, that's what they are pushing you towards.

I went through this same circus for 2 years, they kept moving the goalposts documentation requirements ever visit; it was just so stressful and soul destroying for my wife.

Now I use a creditable visa agent and it's like water off a duck's back each year now.

Has anybody else had such an experience at CW recently?
I will have to go there in less than 2 month to get a 1 year extension on a NON O visa based on having a child (not married) and monthly income with WP.
This is the first time I am going this route. Is there any clear information which documents exactly are required in this case?
They gave me  list at CW detailing requirements but I tend to think that they will ask for other items not listed.

What exactly was wrong/missing with your application? In the end did they accept it? If so, I'd say you're in the clear. I did this last year and I'm about to do it again based on income. I'm not looking forward to it in the slightest.

On 5/10/2021 at 4:45 PM, chakeeoyen said:

What exactly was wrong/missing with your application? In the end did they accept it? If so, I'd say you're in the clear. I did this last year and I'm about to do it again based on income. I'm not looking forward to it in the slightest.

Number of Thai employees. It was no issue last year. They did accept the application.

• 4 weeks later...