Thailand aims for wider tourism reopening from October

webfact

I do understand all the complaining , but lets be honest , most countries also changed up their minds multiple times in last 1.5y . Talking about weekly changes were not uncommon at all . Thailand does not have different behavior , and all is relative to the numbers .

They now said it already a few times , and based on vaccination scheme , for Thailand and for many of the potential tourists visiting , then this is a timeline which can be met . No , not everything will be normal , but closer to normal then it is today .

Still figuring out what and how they want if you do not want to stay longer then needed in these destinations . Would there be a test after 7d , and you are free to travel all over Thailand ?? Or you are just free to travel after the 7d in the "sandbox"  , no test ?

who the heck in a normal state of mind that has been vaccinated would come/go to a country that has not yet vaccinated it's own residents, why would anybody take such risk.... Ohhh I know, because it's Thailand  555

I am just totally amazed by this annoouncement.  Even 20 million doses covers less than 30% of the indigenous population.  What are they going to say to the other 60% of Thais?  You have not been vaccination so you cannot travel around your Country?  In addition, Thailand has shown through this third phase of infections that they are having serious problems containing the virus.  Not only that, they keep changing the rules regarding what Tourists need to do to visit the Country.  I have to wonder whether the Government has cross party discussions or if it is one Politician making these new rules and getting it so, so wrong!

25 minutes ago, Amused said:

Thai are so short sighted.

They should be more intune with development, not stuck in the past.

Many individuals cannot afford a holiday especially to place such as Thailand which has now an increasingly bad reputation, is far too expensive, very racist, unjust and generally impolite, filthy and polluted.

Other governments are prohibiting travel overseas and now that Thailand is finally being honest regarding infections, which has been very active in Thailand since last March, travel there is likely to be restricted even more.

Over two years ago, long before covid struck and under a different user name, I predicted the Thai tourist bubbe would burst.

Thai cannot see that the actions and restrictions they imposs on foreigners who are their life-line is not acceptable anymore.

Why would anyone want to visit or live in such a place? not unless they have family or dependants which is understandable, is beyond me...

What?  Many individuals can afford holidays and millions do every year.  Thailand is #1 on the list for many European countries, and the US.

Sour grapes sounds like to me.

9 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

If they say from October all you need is your UK vaccination card and nothing else I'll be back to the wife and daughter asap. I just fear whatever hoops they get rid of, they'll add a dozen more more awkward ones

3 million baht extra insurance for example, even if you have one.... probably from a single supplier, why not? After all, if you have a foot, you may as well shoot it...

Edited by eddie61

9 hours ago, ukrules said:

So what,  this is the list of places people from the UK are allowed to travel to :

• Portugal
  • Israel
  • Singapore
  • Australia
  • New Zealand
  • Brunei
  • Iceland
  • Gibraltar
  • Falkland Islands
  • Faroe Islands
  • South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands
  • St Helena, Tristan de Cunha, Ascension Island

Source : https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-57026936

If it's not on this list then you are not going there.

If they don't let them in then they will either go elsewhere or stay home. Not a big deal.

It is very notable that Spain is not on this list.

BRUNEI is the safest of them all as no COVID19 cases since last reported local case on 6th May 2020.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Amused said:

Many individuals cannot afford a holiday especially to place such as Thailand which has now an increasingly bad reputation, is far too expensive, very racist, unjust and generally impolite, filthy and polluted

Over two years ago, long before covid struck and under a different user name, I predicted the Thai tourist bubbe would burst.

What was your case 2 years ago that the bubble would burst ? And regarding the 'increasenly bad reputation Thailand has' : Another poster has just stated that Thailand is a very popular destination with Europeans . So how do you respond to that challenge ?

10 minutes ago, mickymouse1 said:

Any incentive for us to go to Thailand? 

If yes, what is it ?

OK............... get ready for the Dollhouse photos 

9 hours ago, ezzra said:

You can lump this article together with the one saying that the PM 'vow' to vaccinate 70% of the population by year's end, same chances, same credence...

How are they going Vaccinate 70% of the population in one day on December 31st 

God so many people are endlessly stupid. 

You could have 90% of the world's population vaccinated tomorrow and tourism still would not be back in any significant way for a year or two. 

Incredible they can't understand it.

This is a multi year recovery from the time the globe has it under control. 

No time soon 

• Like 1

Guest Harm Hendrik Reitsma
10 hours ago, Flying Saucage said:

Europe makes quite a good progress with its vaccination campaigns, and it will open soon for vaccinated tourists without any restrictions.

Why?

Because on the one hand it becomes more and more clear that vaccinated people pose very little risk anymore for others. Numbers from Israel that the risk to infect others is reduce for more than 90%. So far, this seems to be the case even for the mutants.

On the other hand, these countries understand how important tourism is for their economy and also for the freedom of their people.

It's a good decision if Thailand does the same. Thailand people need the income from tourism. And vaccinated people neither pose a risk to Thais as high as unvaccinated locals pose a risk among each other, nor do infected people pose a relevant risk for vaccinated tourists anymore.

A rare case of a logical decision in Thailand, if this decision really will be made.

IT is obvious that you don't follow updates news, difficult, because much mainstream media are using CENSORSHIP and look the way of Covid.

But now IT is known that people with a jab Will be infective to other people, this have to Maintain the measures. Outraged people and protestors can not stop this terrible fact. So do not be happy het, IT Will take longer and even kans are killing people, one brand a bit more than others.

So look IT up and take care, be safe!

Greetings

1 minute ago, Harm Hendrik Reitsma said:

IT is obvious that you don't follow updates news, difficult, because much mainstream media are using CENSORSHIP and look the way of Covid.

But now IT is known that people with a jab Will be infective to other people, this have to Maintain the measures. Outraged people and protestors can not stop this terrible fact. So do not be happy het, IT Will take longer and even kans are killing people, one brand a bit more than others.

So look IT up and take care, be safe!

Greetings

Censorship?  Come on.

So uplifting to read such news releases BUT with current Covid growing instead of slowing down, i do not see it happening.

I will also say, Thailand opening up is not the only obstacle for possible tourists. It all depends on their home country policy.

If they have to quarantine upon return, i doubt they would be in any rush to go on any holiday.

It has also been said, that vaccinated people can still get Covid and can still pass on Covid, difference is vaccinated people get mild symptoms. 

12 hours ago, ukrules said:

Mark my words, this is simply not going to happen but even if they do attempt it in one way or another then we have what they're now calling 'green lists'.

The UK released its first green list today, it's short and only contains a handful of countries.

Portugal and Israel are the notable destinations.

I think that some of the European Destinations have been left off that list.

Notably, Spain, Cyprus, and Greece ( for now )

The UK is the first Country to have a " Watch List " of potentially hazardous destinations.

Not because of  the Tourists contracting the Virus if they have been Inoculated, but because of the risks they pose when they return from their Holiday, potentially they could be carriers of Covid, and could start another mass outbreak.

Thailand has a lot of hard work and mass vaccinations to undertake before they will be allowed onto any list such as this, by any Country, and any thoughts of Tourists arriving from these Countries with Lists should be immediately added to the Dream Bucket .

China has already signaled their intentions over allowing their Citizens to vacation in Thailand also

• Like 2

11 hours ago, ukrules said:

So what,  this is the list of places people from the UK are allowed to travel to :

• Portugal
  • Israel
  • Singapore
  • Australia
  • New Zealand
  • Brunei
  • Iceland
  • Gibraltar
  • Falkland Islands
  • Faroe Islands
  • South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands
  • St Helena, Tristan de Cunha, Ascension Island

Source : https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-57026936

If it's not on this list then you are not going there.

If they don't let them in then they will either go elsewhere or stay home. Not a big deal.

It is very notable that Spain is not on this list.

I am looking forward to eating my sandwiches on South Georgia - great place for a holiday ????

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, alyx said:

Well, sorry but...this list does not make sense at all: once on the old Continent one can go everywhere it pleases one depending of the rules applied by the neighbouring countries. There is no way to check the trip

The list is in force regardless, if the country is not on the list then there will be ZERO tourists flying out there from the UK.

I guess they're not too worried about a few 'edge cases' - it's the mass tourism that they're concerned about.

I remember one of the first mutations which popped up last summer entered the UK from Spain, it was traced back to a local farm in an area near to some tourist town.

If people are vaccinated then it's a non issue anyway - the vaccines work against every single version of the virus, some with a little bit of reduced efficacy but they still work and very well.

5 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Thank you. Instead of helping the millions affected by the enormous betrayal of the administration, they continue with the empty promises. And a promise with nothing to back it up is boring, useless, trite, fraudulent, deceptive, malicious, unscrupulous, unprincipled, unfair, shady, untrustworthy, traitorous, two faced, villainous, wily, cunning, crafty, and bent. That describes the army, the tourism authority, and this administration. 

For several seconds I thought you were talking about Boris Johnson's government !

7 hours ago, sandyf said:

Jan 8th 2021, 67,000 infected in one day in the UK, which has about the same size population.

What adjective do you think would be appropriate?

What adjective would be appropriate?  I tell you what is appropriated is what does Thailand has anything to do with the U.K. in this topic!  Sure it is the Virus but it is all RELATIVE and the rate of Thailand since December of the spread regardless of the population has zero relevance ZERO! 

When a thread comes up comparing Thailand and UK, I'll let you know!????

32 minutes ago, NeoDinosaw said:

I am looking forward to eating my sandwiches on South Georgia - great place for a holiday ????

better avoid (potential) dangerous place,  it's too close to Vlad....  555

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Mavideol said:

who the heck in a normal state of mind that has been vaccinated would come/go to a country that has not yet vaccinated it's own residents, why would anybody take such risk.... Ohhh I know, because it's Thailand  555

Its quite funny observation. Difference between westerners and russians.

On russian forums people cant wait to go to Thailand. Like eff with that, are u gonna live forever? We are going! Sangsom! Forced herd immunity!

Here folks are all careful. Everyone need a jab. Maybe 2025, maybe never.

Hopefully reality somewhere in a middle.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, desert dueller said:

And for who, if you could enlighten us, please? Thai Airways staff? An airline that is bankrupt. Hotel staff? No guests here. Who else?

Here in Pattaya, many working in Hospitals are getting the Sino, I know a few who work at private hospital on Soi 4 getting it, majority if not all front line at Banglamung Hospital has gotten the Sino. BPH, our family physcian has gotten the AZ.

Contracted government workers on motorbikes came through out neighborhood a few weeks ago to sign and ask me and my wife whether we wanted the Sino we decline and said would wait for the Pfizer, Moderna or J&J or even the AZ. I heard from locals many have been ask to be given the Sino but have decline.

To late October if you want to save whats left of the economy. Philippines already open. Land in Manilla and go straight to 5 Islands Boracay.. Cebe etc. No quarantine. Vietnam next and then its goodbye and goodnight..