What are the current restrictions for UK nationals returning home?

Currently, where does Thailand fit in the current traffic light system for UK citizens returning home? With the UK embassy providing no help, guidance or advice, let alone any provision for vaccination of its nationals, where do we go to for support?

Valid topic, as i'm sure that the embassy staff, they workers and their families have been already vaccinated thank you very much, as for the rest of the Brits in Thailand, that is remain to be seen...

• Thanks 1

@condobrit001The new rules were only published by HMG last night: 

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/government-confirms-traffic-light-list-ahead-of-cautious-return-to-international-travel

Thailand is currently on the Amber List from 17 May, which means if travelling to the UK you must complete the pre flight requirements and on arrival in the UK quarantine at home or in the place you are staying for 10 days, and take a COVID-19 test on or before day 2 and on or after day 8.

Different, more stringent, rules apply if you're transiting in a Red Zone country, like the UAE, Qatar or Turkey, including the fact that you can only enter the UK from a Red Zone Country if you are a British or Irish National, or you have residence rights in the UK, and there may not be any direct flights to the UK from Red Zone transit points.

Don't forget that these restrictions can and do change, though usually some notice is given.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

*Deleted post edited out*

I'm glad to hear that all staff employed at the UK Embassy have been vaccinated, as a responsible employer I would have expected nothing less.

I'm pretty sure that our Ambassador couldn't demand that the British Government organise vaccines for those of us that choose to live in Thailand, or indeed anywhere overseas.  

• Like 2

Troll post reported and removed along with replies.   Keep it civil or face a suspension.  

If you have a question, feel free to post.  If you wish to whine, whinge or rant go elsewhere or face a suspension.  

• Like 1

OK I can understand entry to UK conditions, but what is the situation here in Thailand?

I live in Phayao, and normally would book a flight and the travel Chiang Rai to  BKK and fly out.

Am I allowed to drive Phayao to Chiang Rai, and then fly to BKK?

I could probably get a Covid test at local hospital, but if not, am I allowed to stay in BKK for 1-2 night to get a test there?

Different hospitals and clinics/hospitals offer different tests and fit to fly signature from a doctor.  So can we have it precise . What exact requirements regarding paperwork for a UK passport holder when returning to UK please!

2 hours ago, pixelaoffy said:

Different hospitals and clinics/hospitals offer different tests and fit to fly signature from a doctor.  So can we have it precise . What exact requirements regarding paperwork for a UK passport holder when returning to UK please!

Can't make it any more precise than this link, I think:-

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/red-amber-and-green-list-rules-for-entering-england#amber-list

Edited by OJAS