Thailand reports 2,419 new coronavirus cases, 19 new deaths

webfact

1 minute ago, edwardandtubs said:

23 April? And he only said the situation would stabilise, which it does indeed appear to have done.

If thats what you think fine, I'm not going to argue with your opinion, mine is very different however.

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40000664

The Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA) will provide free Covid-19 testing to people in professions at high risk of infection, and who are not covered by the social security system, from May 5-31 at the Bangkok Youth Centre (Thai -Japan) in Din Daeng district, Governor Aswin Kwanmuang said on Saturday.

Edited by onthedarkside
formatting
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:
11 minutes ago, edwardandtubs said:

The fact that self referrals remain in a plateau at about 2,000 cases a day is good news though. Maybe the two to three week prediction will turn out accurate after all.

He made that prediction 3 weeks ago.

No. It was two weeks ago.

Curb your enthusiasm.

2 minutes ago, edwardandtubs said:

23 April not being 3 weeks ago isn't an opinion but a fact.

Apologies my mistake, 2 weeks ago. He's a week left then, lets all have faith in Anutin, he's always come up with the good before so I expect only the same results this time around, even though he's no experience of dealing with the UK variant.

Today's government televised COVID update briefing in English language. Not a whole lot new in it today.

05-08-21i.jpg.922bf0879adca471f226764e0bb2c5e5.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/nbtworld/videos/4020932694641987/

And the daily presentation charts from the Ministry of Public Health's prior Thai language briefing:

https://www.facebook.com/informationcovid19/posts/321092789509052

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

On or about April 23, some posters here were predicting 10,000 new cases a day or more. 

They were predicting mass infections in the provinces caused by Songkran travel. 

They were wrong, but that doesn't stop them from making more bad predictions. 

Not sure if they were wrong, maybe those 10.000 only didn't make it to the hospital on their own, because the selective testing that is been done here will never reveal 10K new infections, even if the reality is a multiple of that.

12 minutes ago, Dogmatix said:

Not a good sign that nearly 80% are were self-reported cases.  That means that people are mainly presenting with mild to severe symptoms and very few coming from contact tracing. That seems to imply that more aggressive testing would reveal more cases by an order of magnitude.

3 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

On or about April 23, some posters here were predicting 10,000 new cases a day or more. 

They were predicting mass infections in the provinces caused by Songkran travel. 

I've not seen posters predicting that but I have seen the CCSA predicting larger numbers. In fact Sopon Iamsirithaworn, deputy director-general of the Department of Disease Control (DDC) mentioned the figure of over 28,000 people a day was a possibility without appropriate measures.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Dogmatix said:

Not a good sign that nearly 80% are were self-reported cases.  That means that people are mainly presenting with mild to severe symptoms and very few coming from contact tracing. That seems to imply that more aggressive testing would reveal more cases by an order of magnitude.

And then you would get another surge in numbers and all the Thai bashers would rejoice and say, "Yea, though I walk through the valley of Thai incompetence, I will fear no evil, etc., etc..!"

2 minutes ago, Susco said:

Not sure if they were wrong, maybe those 10.000 only didn't make it to the hospital on their own, because the selective testing that is been done here will never reveal 10K new infections, even if the reality is a multiple of that.

So, infected people can't go to the hospital? 

7 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Apologies my mistake, 2 weeks ago. He's a week left then, lets all have faith in Anutin, he's always come up with the good before so I expect only the same results this time around, even though he's no experience of dealing with the UK variant.

And the most unlikely "Give Anutin the benefit of the doubt" post of the day award goes to...

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Post a link to the posts to show what your indicating is correct.  If not then it never happened and your blowing smoke again and trolling, while trying to bait people again.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Rocking Robert said:

After looking at the deaths in the UK 127000plus with the same population as Thailand with 382. I have to say Thailand is doing a great job. So let’s let them continue doing a good job of keeping us safe 

Things are clearly going on outside of anyone's control. The percentage of the elderly population in care homes is one factor, obesity is another. I don't think the British obsession with insulating every building to save energy helped them. Most Thai buildings by contrast are very well ventilated, even if a result of poor workmanship rather than design.

Edited by edwardandtubs
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Dogmatix said:

...as there was no reason to believe that guests would be more infectious than members or staff...

This whole, flawed premise is the basis for a lot of grief and not just in hi-so nightclubs either.

1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

Oh, so it was BEFORE the current hi-so infused third wave.

I reckon given the national Covid figures last March, he had every right to pat himself on the back, no? You should post a groveling apology to Anutin "Lucky" Charnvirakul for such a baseless bash, especially after admitting your earlier error on the date he gave the interview.

Your love of Anutin may be misplaced, NanLaew.

Because he sure as hell doesn't love you! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, edwardandtubs said:

Many posters were predicting cases to rise exponentially. They didn't.

Saying they would rise exponentially was not saying 10k cases a day like the other poster was going on an on about.  Post links from the posts is what I asked of him to prove his assertations.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Today's latest COVID case numbers broken down province by province:

Prachuap Khiri Khan rose from 27 to 100 in the past day, probably due at least in part to the canning factory outbreak there.

But Chanthaburi province only increased from 25 to 27, so the reported gem traders cases may not yet have been included in today's tally.

05-08-21p.jpg.f9a0af93fb9c41f0123f24eb0d061b9b.jpg

And yesrerday's province tally by comparison:

05-07-21z.jpg.a5d80c0c163841148d9ec2cb475505a6.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/nbtworld/posts/10158002128987050

Not sure all of the Prachuap Kiri Khan pineapple factory cases have been counted either, as there seems to be 12 missing from a report made earlier.  Of course it would be interesting to know if they were migrant labor or Thai workers and what the plan was for the factory.  Those prior cases in factories that they sealed up with the workers inside never seemed to have been given the time of day after the initial reports, so what can we believe.

2 minutes ago, edwardandtubs said:

Many posters were predicting cases to rise exponentially. They didn't.

Perhaps they were listening to the CCSA announcement and taking the experts view?

Its not over yet and none of us know how this is going to play out yet.

• Like 2

Amazing Thailand !

Just yesterday, the Authorities said they would be ramping up mass testing to 3000 per Day in Bangkok. ( should be 250,000 but thats a different topic )

And today we have an approximate 25 % jump in positives just at the very though of the new testing.

These must be results from tests taken at least 2 or 3 Days ago, so when the actual testing of 3000 takes place there should be a huge increase in the positives.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

I've not seen posters predicting that but I have seen the CCSA predicting larger numbers. In fact Sopon Iamsirithaworn, deputy director-general of the Department of Disease Control (DDC) mentioned the figure of over 28,000 people a day was a possibility without appropriate measures.

"The period after Songkran is a critical time to control the outbreak, if not we could see 10,000 to 20,000 cases per day," Senior health official, Opas Karnkawinpong, said, urging people to work from home for two weeks after the holidays.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asia/thailand-daily-record-new-covid-19-cases-biggest-rise-14619306

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1