Jump to content
Thai Visa Forum

Moroccan man on overstay nabbed at Suvarnabhumi airport


Recommended Posts

Looking at the first pic. he has his mask round his eyes not lower , not a good start.

Bottom pic shows 3 Dark Lords.   Why am I looking anyway ?   Anything away from sinovac/pfizer/moderna and astra la visa baby gets a look.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Ventenio said:

{snipped}

this morning I went outside for an hour..... old lady asking me "where you from?"  another lady, "Where you from?"   I spoke Thai and told them a town only 10 kms away.  I think they got confused and that was it...

 

on the lookout for falangs!!!!!!!!!!  i'm sure today there will be another BAD falang story

Careful, there could be a BMW hot on your heels within only days...

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

I really find stories like this objectionable. Given he was eligible for the visa amnesty it hardly seems like crime of the century, yet here we are with a press conference, listing names of loads of officers who in truth did close to nothing. Being arrested in the airport suggests he was trying to leave, so they got him by luck, not hard work, but they want praises all round anyway. I don't know anywhere else where simply doing your job justifies such publicity.

I wouldn't worry too much mate.

 

It is hardly a feature story on the Naew Na website.

There are tens of stories in front of it with much more interesting news about Thailand. A Morrocan on overstay is hardly a big deal but the police are required to enforce the law and the publicity reminds everyone that the law is enforced.

 

If you check the link of this article on the site there isn't a single post in the comments section. Nobody cares.

 

And this isn't reported anywhere else. Probably the Naew Na owners are friends with someone at Immigration. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Ventenio said:

150 days and this guy gets FULL MEDIA COVERAGE.

Hardly.

Naew Na and re reported on this forum.

 

Nowhere else.

 

Reported on Naew Na that obviously has a connection with the IO.

 

And here on Thaivisa for obvious reasons.

Link to post
Share on other sites

At these times even such a small catch is worth big news.

Immigration must be desperate for such stories to show to their superiors.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ventenio said:

150 days and this guy gets FULL MEDIA COVERAGE.  Wow.  could you imagine if America did this will the undocumented workers?  There might be 10 million.  I'm sure millions on "overstay."  

 

nabbed at the airport....was he trying to pay the 20,000 and leave?  He was on the 4th floor, so maybe living in the airport?  

 

Should have done the gofundme, got the 20,000 baht (not much money) and got out ...

 

this morning I went outside for an hour..... old lady asking me "where you from?"  another lady, "Where you from?"   I spoke Thai and told them a town only 10 kms away.  I think they got confused and that was it...

 

on the lookout for falangs!!!!!!!!!!  i'm sure today there will be another BAD falang story

Your third paragraph.  I get a lot of that but it can be fun.  ' Where you flom ?'

" That house over there through the trees "  

' No no where you flom before ?'

" Oh before ...I lived in Hua Hin "      and so on.

I did get once " I am from England "  then came ' Is that the UK or GB ?'

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, toofarnorth said:

Your third paragraph.  I get a lot of that but it can be fun.  ' Where you flom ?'

" That house over there through the trees "  

' No no where you flom before ?'

" Oh before ...I lived in Hua Hin "      and so on.

I did get once " I am from England "  then came ' Is that the UK or GB ?'

To which the answer is, "Yes."

Link to post
Share on other sites

Did the smart BMW fly in for a photo op? I'm really only interested in stories about the fabulous smart BMW.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

For heaven's sake. Huge media over 1 overstayer. They must spend more time in the media than doing any police work

I thought that was police work - p.w.  a.k.a. publicity work.

Link to post
Share on other sites

"The media said he was on 150 day overstay and made no attempt to explain the obvious discrepancy that a year contains 365 days, notes Thaivisa"

 

Seriously, Thaivisa? He fell under the Covid amnesty that has been discussed on this very site countless times. Overstay is counted from the end of that amnesty.

 

What I'm much more interested in: What was he doing at the airport? Trying to leave the country or not?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Classic Ray said:

Are they so frightened of attack that they need 3 SWAT Ninjas to protect them at a press conference?

They must be scared of their own shadows.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, webfact said:

 

He had come into Thailand on 5th March 2020 with permission to stay until May 3rd last year

 

but got lost on the way to Marrakech ..

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Snip ..  I don't know anywhere else where simply doing your job justifies such publicity.

You haven't watched US live press conferences at the scene of incidents .  They spend half an hour congratulating other government employees or their own employees on how great a job they are doing or did.  Then each new speaker ads new people they'd like to thank or commend.  If there's a politician involved if it's even worse.  It gets left out if they run the info later because no one wants to see that part of it, but it isn't just in Thailand.

  • Confused 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, webfact said:

The chief gave details of the arrest of a 29 year old Moroccan man who was arrested on the fourth floor of Suvarnabhumi airport in Bangkok and found to be on overstay.

 

This is a concerning development.

 

Based on what I'm reading here the guy was attempting to leave the country while on overstay.

 

The check in / departures area is on the 4th floor.

 

So he want to the check in desk and was arrested at some point between there and immigration.

 

This suggests to me that they're now hunting for overstayers who are on their way out of the country at the only real way out - the airport.

 

I wonder how much reward they pay to the staff on the check in desks for alerting them prior to entering the immigration area where the penalty for any overstay is just a fine?

 

I also wonder which airline he was using.

 

Something doesn't add up about this story, the airline check in staff will look at your passport and immigration will look at the passport, that's it.

 

Edited by ukrules
Link to post
Share on other sites

Should have just took the 20 grand and flirted him off, if thats what he was trying to do,

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, darksidedog said:

I really find stories like this objectionable. Given he was eligible for the visa amnesty it hardly seems like crime of the century, yet here we are with a press conference, listing names of loads of officers who in truth did close to nothing. Being arrested in the airport suggests he was trying to leave, so they got him by luck, not hard work, but they want praises all round anyway. I don't know anywhere else where simply doing your job justifies such publicity.

 

 

And look at the three clowns standing in the rear of the photo, you would think they had entered a burning building, arrested Osama Bin Laden and captured Gaddaffi and Saddam Hussein in the same afternoon.

 

Dozy pillocks!

 

Unbelievable what will the attention seekers do next for a headline?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, RobMuir said:

I wouldn't worry too much mate.

 

It is hardly a feature story on the Naew Na website.

There are tens of stories in front of it with much more interesting news about Thailand. A Morrocan on overstay is hardly a big deal but the police are required to enforce the law and the publicity reminds everyone that the law is enforced.

 

If you check the link of this article on the site there isn't a single post in the comments section. Nobody cares.

 

And this isn't reported anywhere else. Probably the Naew Na owners are friends with someone at Immigration. 

 

If the RTP and Immigration would work in Europe they would find probably more than a million of these north Africans on some kind of overstay, probably receiving welfare as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

 

Just think yourself lucky you don't come from Wales .. as that is even harder to explain ..

Or even harder to say; If you come from llanfairpwilgwyngill Cymru 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...