Moroccan man on overstay nabbed at Suvarnabhumi airport

webfact

22 hours ago, darksidedog said:

I really find stories like this objectionable. Given he was eligible for the visa amnesty it hardly seems like crime of the century, yet here we are with a press conference, listing names of loads of officers who in truth did close to nothing. Being arrested in the airport suggests he was trying to leave, so they got him by luck, not hard work, but they want praises all round anyway. I don't know anywhere else where simply doing your job justifies such publicity.

If they could get the Sa-Mart BMW onto that 4th floor - they would!  ????

• Haha 2

On 5/8/2021 at 1:39 AM, ukrules said:

This is a concerning development.

Based on what I'm reading here the guy was attempting to leave the country while on overstay.

The check in / departures area is on the 4th floor.

So he want to the check in desk and was arrested at some point between there and immigration.

This suggests to me that they're now hunting for overstayers who are on their way out of the country at the only real way out - the airport.

I wonder how much reward they pay to the staff on the check in desks for alerting them prior to entering the immigration area where the penalty for any overstay is just a fine?

I also wonder which airline he was using.

Something doesn't add up about this story, the airline check in staff will look at your passport and immigration will look at the passport, that's it.

I don't buy it.  The report does not indicate he was trying to leave, had a valid eTicket, or B 20,000 baht on hand to pay his overstay fine Maybe just another grifter hanging around the airport with the old lost my wallet scam?  

And of course right now any non worker at the airport is on the 4th floor. Foreigners stick out anybody on the arrival level is immediately whisked away to ASQ, no hanging around visit the food court or convenience store. Lets congratulate security force for a job well done. Why was he there, to send off another person perhaps engaged in some illicit activity? Anybody on overstay with half a brain trying to leave knows to go immediately to exit processing to avoid being nabbed. 

Llanfair­pwllgwyngyll­gogery­chwyrn­drobwll­llan­tysilio­gogo­goch

On 5/9/2021 at 8:21 AM, brianthainess said:

llanfairpwilgwyngill Cymru

but after trying to pronounce the short-form for eight minutes gave up ????