Come on people put your mobile phone - Down

Agree literally. Not helped by app developers either. Was in HK a few years ago where literally everybody walked, sat or moved with a mobile phone open in front of them. The most downloaded app there??? A video that played in a small 1.5cm square screen on your phone so that you could see what was in front of you whilst playing your game, lest you fall in a pothole etc etc (which a few still managed to do). And probably used whilst driving as well ????

• Like 2

It's a video addiction that will be more effective than a drug to enslave people.  Everyone has a smart phone which tracks where and when they go anyplace and now people are so enraptured by what they see on the phone/internet it becomes more like something out of 1984.

Imagine what this place will be like in 20 years when the young generation who are addicted to their phones finally get empowered to lead society and make the rules. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, movsrus said:

Imagine what this place will be like in 20 years when the young generation who are addicted to their phones finally get empowered to lead society and make the rules.

Thamanat will probably be in charge by then........imagine who else might be in his cabinet????

• Like 1

My daughter has five phones she is almost seven. The aunties keep giving the things to her and I just keep removing the battery.

When she can use one she reverts to Zombie mode. I hate the things.

I have a half smart phone but no internet on it.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Of course and its evident everywhere. What I find disturbing is the very young age this starts, from as young as 5 ! In my observations, far too much "screentime" is permitted and the devices are used as pacifiers to kids.

They should outlaw this for children.

Knock yourself out trying to enforce that legislation.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, actonion said:

My Thai wife's use of the mobile phone is the main reason for arguments in our house, she  uses it  99% of the time she is awake..... while she is: cooking ,  on the toilet,  in the shower, when her face is not stuck in the screen  the volume is turned up so that she  can hear whats happening from a distance

7a4f71b8b9ea74464cc2d52936613702.jpg

• Like 1