Come on people put your mobile phone - Down

4 hours ago, Brierley said:

To be able to ride a Honda Click in traffic whilst texting and carrying a small dog, requires a lot of skill, so does riding into the back of a stationary truck or bus without flinching....I think they should ban trucks and buses from parking on main roads, that would solve the problem.

See it all the time, what is the old saying ?

“No sense no feeling”

• Like 1

I think thailand will be the first country to have the same phone that was in the new total recall movie ,one that is implanted into the users hand .

Im constantly telling my wife to contact a hospital to get her phone sewn into her hand  ! ????

• Like 1

Full Time monitoring their Inboxes; for Responses/Likes - for their Food Photos... 

at our wedding, the same was prevalent everywhere

- weeks/month later we found our wedding photos were not up to par... and then began the pleading (online) for anyone who was there;  who'd actually taken photos of US and not all of themselves with their 'here is me here' shots  (Facebook was our first hint of what to expect of our request)

• Like 2

I would imagine there are quite a few “other halves” who complain that their foreign husband/partners spend too much time looking at TV. which is why they do the same on their telephones. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

These phones laptops ipads etc. Are the reason why children are much smarter then we where at their age . Welcome to the future . 

Wow, that got me thinking.

My first reaction was related to my son, who is, like you say, smarter than his father ????.

But then, he had and still has a father. I coached him about the use of smartphones, and how it could become either good or bad. Second year at University and I can no longer coach him on many subjects. So you are right, in this instance.

But then, just ask anything worthwhile knowing to a kid or young adult in Thailand. They do not know. They are clueless. They have not learnt anything in the general knowledge.

General knowledge is available mainly in the English language. Translation exists of course. People whose primary language is other than English, do learn English, to have access to more knowledge. French, German, are a few examples. Thais also, Check with a doctor, a notary, a lawyer, very knowledgeable, but also know the English language as well.

Facebook will not give you access to higher knowledge. It will not.

• Like 1

Totally agree with the issues raised here, it seems people have become phone addicts, are they crazy? There is more to life than just scrolling thru an endless series of rants, news, pictures of friends eating lunch, etc. Yes I have a smart phone but switch off most apps, dont use internet, I use it to make and receive PHONE calls. !

When I sit in the BTS (train) and read the newspaper people stare at me, so I bring out my smart phone just to let people know I have one then put it back in my backpack again. Are we a fading breed? 

• Like 2

People I personally know who seem to be the most fulfilled in their life seem to be the ones that rarely post on facebook . To me it seems that vast numbers of these phone zombies are constantly trying to convince every one else that they are having such a great time and have a great life but in reality they are really not. 

????

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Brierley said:

To be able to ride a Honda Click in traffic whilst texting and carrying a small dog, requires a lot of skill, so does riding into the back of a stationary truck or bus without flinching....I think they should ban trucks and buses from parking on main roads, that would solve the problem.

Better still, ban cars, trucks,  buses, pedestrians and lamposts, plus the odd ambulatory tree, from the roads altogether. Then stand back and watch it make no difference whatsoever!

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, actonion said:

My Thai wife's use of the mobile phone is the main reason for arguments in our house, she  uses it  99% of the time she is awake..... while she is: cooking ,  on the toilet,  in the shower, when her face is not stuck in the screen  the volume is turned up so that she  can hear whats happening from a distance

Mine same same, after taking pics of her food to post sits eating watching you tube. First thing in the morning last thing at night. Her niece came to stay, she sat eating not just looking at her phone, she also had her laptop on the table, at least it keeps them quiet.

1 hour ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

These phones laptops ipads etc. Are the reason why children are much smarter then we where at their age . Welcome to the future . 

being 'smarter' isn't really that they know more, but now have an easier path to finding the answers they seek... 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, kennw said:

Totally agree with the issues raised here, it seems people have become phone addicts, are they crazy? There is more to life than just scrolling thru an endless series of rants, news, pictures of friends eating lunch, etc. Yes I have a smart phone but switch off most apps, dont use internet, I use it to make and receive PHONE calls. !

When I sit in the BTS (train) and read the newspaper people stare at me, so I bring out my smart phone just to let people know I have one then put it back in my backpack again. Are we a fading breed? 

I still prefer them over the people who need to drink alcohol every day i think that addiction is worse. But it depends a bit about how much use. When people visit we talk and look at the phone as long as both are done its ok. I recently heard a friend complain about an other friend who brought his ipad over and only watched tv while he was visiting. I would get anoyed by that too.

But looking at the phone a bit and talking not a problem. Neither is drinking some beer but all with in limits.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tifino said:

being 'smarter' isn't really that they know more, but now have an easier path to finding the answers they seek... 

They who know how to use computers and mobiles well have an advantage in this world. Fact.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, robblok said:

They who know how to use computers and mobiles well have an advantage in this world. Fact.

yes, they have now gained the powers of hindsight 

Just now, tifino said:

yes, they have now gained the powers of hindsight 

If you look who are missing out its those who can't use a phone well. Look at all the stuff the Thai goverment does for those with a phone they all have to register get welfare and stuff. So not being able to use one is a severe handicap. Also all the info and stuff online is great. I would not call it hindsight I would call it an advancement.

Problems begin when people are addicted too much that it overtakes all other stuff. 

• Like 1

last year i switched the internet off for 6 months
didnt use my phone or PC
as i knew what was going to be plastered everywhere, cough cough

next time you throw a party, just start disconnecting random devices from your wifi,
most people will stop looking at their phone so much if using phone credit,
not everyone buys a package these days when most of the time at home or work where there is wifi

10 hours ago, tomgreen said:

Is there any one else here that just like myself can’t understand the need to constantly have your face buried in your mobile phone .

I understand why they do it, a quick hit of dopamine, but I also think it is very bad for them.  It must cause long-term negative health problems, both mental and physical.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ronaldo0 said:

I think thailand will be the first country to have the same phone that was in the new total recall movie ,one that is implanted into the users hand .

Im constantly telling my wife to contact a hospital to get her phone sewn into her hand  ! ????

Why in the hand and not in the head?

If it would be in the head then people could at least use both hands, i.e. driving.