July 1 is still on: Phuket Governor

webfact

1 minute ago, stuarty said:

The quote referred to is not about the sandbox (from July in Phuket, with no quarantine for vaccinated tourists). It is about the arrangements proposed from Q2 i.e. from April to July.  Originally vaccinated tourists could do a reduced 7 days ASQ quarantine but this has now changed back to 14 days for all, from early May.

?? This thread is about Phuket. My questions are about Phuket. 

I doubt there will be any tourism.  In the past, the people who would come for rainy season were mostly Indians and Middle Easterners. I doubt, Thailand will be welcoming Indians or Iranians and I don't think the Gulf Arabs are interested. The  hard core Australian tourists won't come because they would have to go through the quarantine process on return.  Europeans will be enjoying summer in safety of the EU.  So who do the Thais think will come?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, madmen said:

?? This thread is about Phuket. My questions are about Phuket. 

The 7 days ASQ for vaccinated as mentioned by Xylophone above applied throughout Thailand starting from 1 April, but is now superseded by 14 days, vaccinated or not, from early May, also everywhere.  The Phuket sandbox kicks in on 1 July and is a different arrangement.  Xylophone wasn't talking about that.

21 minutes ago, stuarty said:

The 7 days ASQ for vaccinated as mentioned by Xylophone above applied throughout Thailand starting from 1 April, but is now superseded by 14 days, vaccinated or not, from early May, also everywhere.  The Phuket sandbox kicks in on 1 July and is a different arrangement.  Xylophone wasn't talking about that.

Ok so what is the Phuket arrangement? 

Xylophone? 

Edited by madmen

25 minutes ago, madmen said:

Xylophone? 

The Phuket arrangement is that if you arrive anywhere in Thailand now (including Phuket) before 1 July you will have to do 14 days ASQ. After 1 July, for Phuket only, vaccinated people can arrive from outside Thailand to Phuket with no Quarantine required.  After 7 days in Phuket, people can travel off Phuket to anywhere in Thailand.  That is the current proposal.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, stuarty said:

The Phuket arrangement is that if you arrive anywhere in Thailand now (including Phuket) before 1 July you will have to do 14 days ASQ. After 1 July, for Phuket only, vaccinated people can arrive from outside Thailand to Phuket with no Quarantine required.  After 7 days in Phuket, people can travel off Phuket to anywhere in Thailand.  That is the current proposal.

Read the article! It's 7 days we know that already.  this is a thread about THE 1ST OF JULY PHUKET SANDBOX 

Edited by madmen

14 minutes ago, stuarty said:

correct BUT it needs be an International DIRECT flight into Phuket 
NO transit via Bangkok
at the moment very few flights Direct into Phuket< ( Singapore does 1/week)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, zzzzz said:

NO transit via Bangkok

That's right.  You have to land direct in Phuket from outside Thailand as it currently stands.  If Phuket sandbox (1 July) proceeds, there will be other airlines coming forward such as HK Express from HK.  There is some talk that Thai domestic airlines want the rules changed to allow transit passengers to onward to Phuket from say landing first in BKK.  But this not confirmed, and the air transport arrangements for the sandbox scheme after 1 July are still to be announced.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, madmen said:

Read the article! It's 7 days we know that already.  this is a thread about THE 1ST OF JULY PHUKET SANDBOX 

“During the second quarter of 2021 (April-June), vaccinated foreign tourists will be quarantined for a period of seven days before they can explore the area. There must be appropriate routes set out and measures in place in order for them to travel throughout the area in the form of ‘sealed routes’,” he said. (Note : This is now superseded as from early May, and it's 14 days ASQ whether vaccinated or not (including Phuket))

“Phase 2, during the third quarter of 2021 (July-September), foreign tourists who have been fully vaccinated and have tested negative for COVID-19 will be able to enter Phuket directly via plane, and they will be able to travel throughout the area of Phuket without [observing] quarantine,,” he added.

“However, the foreign tourists must stay in Phuket for seven days before they can travel to other areas [in Thailand], and they must follow the public health measures” he noted.

That's more or less what I said. What else do you need to know?

Edited by stuarty
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, madmen said:

Xylophone? 

I have to admit that I don't have a clue about what one can and can't do if one is a tourist or directly visiting Phuket, which is why I posted my original comment, really seeking clarification.

However it seems that I'm not the only one confused and I was just about to book myself into "a home for the bewildered", when stuarty posted an answer, which seems to fit the bill.............but then again, one never knows here.

So until the people that decide these things have another brain fart, I'll go with stuarty's answer!

Edited by xylophone
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, stuarty said:

“During the second quarter of 2021 (April-June), vaccinated foreign tourists will be quarantined for a period of seven days before they can explore the area. There must be appropriate routes set out and measures in place in order for them to travel throughout the area in the form of ‘sealed routes’,” he said. (Note : This is now superseded as from early May, and it's 14 days ASQ whether vaccinated or not (including Phuket))

“Phase 2, during the third quarter of 2021 (July-September), foreign tourists who have been fully vaccinated and have tested negative for COVID-19 will be able to enter Phuket directly via plane, and they will be able to travel throughout the area of Phuket without [observing] quarantine,,” he added.

“However, the foreign tourists must stay in Phuket for seven days before they can travel to other areas [in Thailand], and they must follow the public health measures” he noted.

That's more or less what I said. What else do you need to know?

The headline can not be any clearer. The date coincides with 7days 

If you want to discuss current 14 day quarantine for all of Thailand from today's date then start another thread. 

Edited by madmen

13 minutes ago, madmen said:

The headline can not be any clearer. The date coincides with 7days 

If you want to discuss current 14 day quarantine for all of Thailand from today's date then start another thread. 

The date in the headline does not coincide with 7 Days (not really sure what you mean by that tbh). There is no "7 days" ASQ for any category of traveller under the Phuket sandbox scheme which is due to start on 1 July. The only mention of 7 days under the sandbox scheme is that after 7 days spent in Phuket, you can then travel elsewhere.

I have no particular interest in discussing the 14 day quarantine, or anything else in particular. I am trying to provide some clarification.

I was responding to Xylophone's questions originally. The part of the article referred to and copied/posted by Xylophone where 7 days was mentioned, was in respect of the now superseded quarantine arrangement for vaccinated travellers throughout Thailand which was introduced for Q2 from April 1.

It might help the dialogue if you could set out what you are not clear about (if still anything) in simple terms, and can try to clarify further.

6 hours ago, xylophone said:

I have to admit that I don't have a clue about what one can and can't do if one is a tourist or directly visiting Phuket, which is why I posted my original comment, really seeking clarification.

However it seems that I'm not the only one confused and I was just about to book myself into "a home for the bewildered", when stuarty posted an answer, which seems to fit the bill.............but then again, one never knows here.

So until the people that decide these things have another brain fart, I'll go with stuarty's answer!

"Home for the Bewildered"

Is that the new tourism tagline to replace "Land of Smiles"?

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, zzzzz said:

NO transit via Bangkok

I don't know what the situation will be in July assuming this goes ahead but Qatar used to fly into Phuket and I think Emirates might have as well. 

50 minutes ago, Mintyy said:

What airline will fly into a hotspot with only 20 percent vaccination. Not happening until next year

Any airline that had enough paying customers.  How do you know what the percentage will be by then?