No rapid tests for Phuket arrivals from May 15, quarantine instead

webfact

4 hours ago, TheFishman1 said:

With all this confusion I really wonder what the real numbers are in Thailand TIT

We will never know, just as no one inside the Junta will know how many have died, why should they care, they are alright!

5 hours ago, ncc1701d said:

Does it only mean if you can’t prove vaccinated or negative test you have to do 14 days quarantine? (Replacing the rapid antigen test only with 14 days quarantine?) or is it 14 days quarantine for everyone regardless?

I may be wrong but I thought just because you are vaccinated does not mean that you don't have corona or that you can't pass it on to others.....

Edited by theonetrueaussie

3 hours ago, theonetrueaussie said:

I may be wrong but I thought just because you are vaccinated does not mean that you don't have corona or that you can't pass it on to others.....

That's the forum, misinformation reposted a thousand times untill it becomes fact 

• Like 2

the Dutch did do a test with 189 people on a trip to an island. this trip for 7 days and costs about 800 euro per person. all tested free of covid-19, et al, several times before departure. on the 6th day they have 6 out of 189 people tested positive. that is 3,2%. and they operators claim this as a success. 

when converting this claimed succes then the  3,2% implies that when all Dutch go on holiday this will result that of the 17.500.000 Dutch there just will be about 555.556 people that will become tested positive. This by the current ratio one out of eight will be needed a hospital care implies around 62.000 of them are needed medical care in and hospital and of these hospitalized 62000 people will, if the numbers are correct, be one out of eight needing intensive care. That is just a 7750 at the ICU. 

when one take in account that today they already have problem with the hospitals, bed ice and care this will imply code black and people will die by triage. beside that all the normal care as well urgent needed care that needs to be given with in the next 6 weeks already for many is something that is now postponed.

in the west as well in the east we probably need to accept tourism is not possible until we have the virus under control and this wil be around 2022 if the expert are right and the vaccine is administered also in the poor countries.

beside a good quarantine takes minimal 40 days as the word implies 

The practice of quarantine, as we know it, began during the 14th century in an effort to protect coastal cities from plague epidemics. Ships arriving in Venice from infected ports were required to sit at anchor for 40 days before landing. This practice, called quarantine, was derived from the Italian words quaranta giorni which mean 40 days.

History of Quarantine | Quarantine | CDC

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

I think it$ a great plan. I'm certain the Phuket hotel a$$ociation think$ $o a$ well.

The bad ideas and corruption know no bounds.

Given the authoritarian nature of the forced hospitalization if one were to test positive say in a poorly administered PCR test ...your holiday might become a short prison sentence.

Edited by kynikoi
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, webfact said:

PHUKET: Rapid antigen tests will no longer be used to determine whether or not people may enter Phuket from May 15, Phuket Vice Governor Piyapong Choowong has confirmed.

"From May 15, all arrivals from any areas without a COVID-free certificate or vaccination certificate must face 14 days quarantine,” he said plainly."

So around 1.2% of the population who have been inoculated can go to Phuket if they so desire.

The rest must stay away.... until the governors  decide what to do.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, biggles45 said:

How is anyone expected to make any travel plans in Thailand with these almost daily changes. And they wonder why there is no response to their 'plans' 

I urge everyone never come here ????

3 hours ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Does include domestic, as well as foreign, arrivals?

That's what I was thinking, it's great news if apply to overseas arrivals, Phuket will be filled with tourists in that case, just about everyone on an international flight have had a Covid test before boarding so no need for quarantine, or many are vaccinated (UK/US/China/etc. ), again no quarantine....!!!?

You guys should look at the bright side, maybe they want to open up completely this way , sneak it past central government...!), who needs cheap local expats, bring in the big spenders..... lol ????

15 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Where my sister-in-law lives there are many people with Covid symptoms, staying at home refusing to go to be tested as they don't want to be quarantined, talk around her neighbourhood is that most people have got it, including entire families who live together.

Roll this out nationwide and the daily numbers they give out each day would sky rocket.

Yes, the ever reliable rumour mill 

19 hours ago, Henryford said:

So who on earth is going to go to Phuket for a holiday and spend the first 14 days in quarantine?

Your missing the point. The 14 day quarantine is preperation for July 1st. The target is zero new cases and complete vaccination of Phuket which currently stands at 22%. Whether they will hit 100% remains to be seen but I doubt it. 

2 hours ago, madmen said:

Your missing the point. The 14 day quarantine is preperation for July 1st. The target is zero new cases and complete vaccination of Phuket which currently stands at 22%. Whether they will hit 100% remains to be seen but I doubt it. 

Yes i appreciate they are preparing for 1/7 but they will never get to zero cases. But are they willing to stop all domestic tourists upto 30/6 to get to that goal?

On 5/8/2021 at 10:32 PM, theonetrueaussie said:

I don’t agree or disagree, but the article doesn’t make it clear if 14 day quarantine is replacing the rapid test on arrival for those not vaccinated / show a negative test - or if it’s regardless of those.