VPN not connecting anymore

JackGats

Is something happening today with AIS? My ExpressVPN is connecting when on AIS's 4G but cannot connect when on AIS's WiFi.

I have also been trying out the VPN included in the opera browser. When I switch it on I can't reach any website (prevents internet traffic).

This really seems to be an AIS WiFi problem.

Free vpns are risky and most security conscious would advise against using one and you especially should avoid Opera vpn when you have industry leading ExpressVPN.

FYI, i just tried Opera vpn and it connected, very good speed, no DNS leaks, etc so it works as intended at my end.

As for your AIS data connection: try switching vpn protocols between UDP and TCP, try Lightway, OpenVPN as well and see if you connect to ExpressVPN server. Keep in mind expressVPN's Thailand server is virtual location located in Singapore.

• Like 1

Yeah I've given up on free or cheap VPNs as well. ExpressVPN support told me to switch protocol to Lightway UDP. Seems to be working. I had tried that out before contacting support already though, and it hadn't worked. Perhaps they tweaked something on their end.